Natural Birth
Options

Thinking about hypnobabies

I've seen a lot on here about hypnobirth and hypnobabies. I'm already signed up for a natural childbirth class with my doula. I'm pretty sure the class is based loosely off of the Bradley method and other methods that promote relaxation but does not really focus on hypnobirth at all. Do you think I'd benefit from doing the hypnobabies home study? I am a FTM and have no clue how I'll react in labor... I have no clue what techniques and coping mechanisms will work for me, and I guess I just want to be as prepared as possible. Am I over-thinking this?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Thinking about hypnobabies

• Options
    I'm doing both the Blissborn and the GentleBirth home study courses (they were both gifts) and I am loving both!  It's really hard to say which one I like best although I think Blissborn is a bit more comprehensive... also more expensive.  Since you're already taking another class I'd look into GentleBirth.  For me it's just really helped me become more confident and sleep better at night.  I'll listen to the hypnosis recordings as I'm lying down for bed and by the time she gets to the count down my body feels like it's just become part of the bed and I fall into a really deep sleep.  It's awesome.

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• Options
    I love hypnobabies, I just finished the classroom course.  I'd definitely recommend it, it's completely different than other natural birth classes.  You have to completely immerse yourself in it though and practice daily.  The relaxation techniques and hypnosis tracks really help me, I'll be doing them well after I give birth.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm a FTM and chose the hypnobabies course, and I highly recommend it. I haven't given birth yet but I'm so much more relaxed and confident and can already tell how it is working in my life. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't do the class but I did buy the book by Morgan? I found it super helpful and had a successful natural birth. I would highly recommend it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"