Food Allergy

Seeking high fat, high calorie foods for toddler with multiple allergies

My 11 month old daughter has multiple food allergies - dairy, soy, stone fruit (avocado, cherries, plums etc.), and lemon (but not orange or other citrus). There's also a lot we haven't tried yet - fish, shellfish, nuts, eggs, coconut,etc.

Anyway, she's underweight. She's still on breastmilk, but when we give her food, we need to make sure it's high in both calories and fat. We're seeing a nutritionist but the appointment isn't for another month. In the meantime can anyone recommend some good foods to try? Either pureed or finger foods.All the lists I've found online have been things she can't eat, like avocado and butter. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Seeking high fat, high calorie foods for toddler with multiple allergies

• We put olive oil on everything (pasta, veggies, etc) when my twins (dairy, peanut, and soy at the time) were about that age and switching fully to solids.  Also, I would make meatloaf or "beef" stew (with full fat ground beef). 

If you do want to try coconut...coconut oil is good to mix into things, you could add it to rice milk yogurt or coconut milk yogurt.

imageimage
  • klyannklyann member

My friend would just feed her LO a spoonful of coconut oil.  I agree with PP, add coconut or olive oil to everything.

Also sunbutter (made from sunflower seeds) is great too.   Concentrate on fats, proteins and complex carbs.

DD's Food Allergies: Peanuts and Rice, Outgrown Dairy!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

8/09 Dx PCOS & Hashimoto's
    BFP #2 12/13/11. Missed M/C at 11w5d, measured 8w6d. D&C 2/1/12
    Never in my arms, but always in my heart.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • My 11mo was just at the allergist today for MSPI. I also haven't introduced other major allergens. She suggested a lot of beans, lentils and quinoa.
  • I agree with a lot of the other responses on here....

Oils are helpful- we give DS pasta salad made with either canola or veggie oil often- make sure the pasta is safe from soy though

Coconut is high calorie high fat

Sunbutter is really good

You can flavor potatoes with chicken broth- I know it's not fattening, but a good food for LOs

And look into dairy free options of things too... I once ordered something from a nut free company, and they sent me "cheesy" potatoes made with a dairy replacement rather than cheese with it to try.  

Bananas are healthy, but I think they have a decent amount of calories and some fat to them too.  Not high fat, but a yummy option.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"