VBAC
Options

EPO Vaginally?

I asked my midwife about the benefits of taking EPO vaginally (as opposed to only orally) and she said that it doesn't make a difference, but that you can do both if you like. 

I've read online that vaginally is actually better.  What did your provider tell you? And what did you end up doing?

I've been taking 4500mg  orally daily since 37 weeks and now have a soft cervix and am 50% effaced.  Hoping for more progress on Friday!!  Fingers crossed for dilation!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: EPO Vaginally?

• Options
    I plan on taking it vaginally and orally starting at 37 wks. That is what a few of my friends did for their second babies.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    haha, my midwife told me vaginally was better but i could do orally too if i wanted.  :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagejesselayne8:
    I plan on taking it vaginally and orally starting at 37 wks. That is what a few of my friends did for their second babies.

How much for each? LOL.  Didn't know how to word that!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Where do you get this?  I'm due tomorrow and if I make it to my appt on Thursday, I see a very high likely hood that we'll schedule a RCS for Friday.  At 364d, 37w3d, 38w4d, and 39w4d I've been 1cm/50%/-3 at each appt.  I'm really hoping to avoid a RCS (I guess like most of us on this board).  I've tried walking, bouncing on an exercise ball, sex (for semen and orgasm), and pumping for the nipple stimulation.  I've even been considering trying castor oil before being cut open again, but I'd like to save that as a LAST resort.  I know it's still not technically my EDD, but I feel like the clock is running out, I could hold off on the RCS, but DH wants and end date, he says he's ready to have his wife back and if it can happen Friday that's what he wants (and I have to take his wishes into consideration). 

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"