Attachment Parenting

Boba/Beco Gemini/Ergo and infants

Which do you like best? I'm leaning towards the Boba right now, but I haven't tried any of them yet. And how old was baby when you started using it?
"You get in the bowl." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Boba/Beco Gemini/Ergo and infants

• I love my Ergo, but the Beco Gemini does have a forward facing option and has a higher back, which some women find more comfortable because it keeps their babies from leaning. The Boba has a wider seat than the Beco, but I find that the straps aren't as comfy as either the Beco or the Ergo.
    imageimage
  • imageEmerald27:
    I love my Ergo, but the Beco Gemini does have a forward facing option and has a higher back, which some women find more comfortable because it keeps their babies from leaning.

I have both and I actually prefer the Ergo to the Beco. The forward facing is nice for awhile, but DD is a taller girl and she is already too big to be comfortable in it. I feel like I barely got any use out of it and honestly I wish I had never bought it. Plus the Ergo is A LOT easier to get on then the Beco. I always struggled putting it on by myself.

Forward facing isn't ideal for long periods of time anyway. DD is just as content in a Ergo back carry. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a boba.  We started using it at 6 months.  DS is 8 months now and a whopping 25 pounds and it is very comfortable.  Haven't tried any other brands. This is what our local CD store carries and we liked it so that's why we ended up with it.  Fits well on my 6'4 husband too!
    5 failed clomid/femara cycles led to injects and IUI = BFP December 2011! Enjoying life with Owen Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • One other thing I would suggest is if you have a local baby store that supports babywearing, they might let you try carriers out. That can be really helpful.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I have an ergo and Beco Butterfly and love them both. Gemini can do forward facing, but Butterfly is better for smaller babies and dd loves it. When dh wears her, he uses the ergo and she seems pretty happy there too.
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • ncbellencbelle member

I don't personally care for any of them as they don't feel good on to me.  I would try to see if anywhere near you carries them or if you have a babywearing group nearby where you can try a few things on.

The Gemini will be the best for a newborn as it's the narrowest.  It also allows you to cross the straps in the back which I prefer. 

• cpmichcpmich member
    imageestreyas:
    This has been helpful for me, too. We're still trying to figure out what route to go will put a wrap carrier one buckle carrier on our registry, and it seems Beco, Boba and Ergo are the ones bestreviewed.I'm 5'4, DH is 6'0. Finding one that will work for us is being tricky they're not sold here and we have to pick one and stick with it. One option we do have is just holding off on it as a whole until we go back to Canada/US to visit when bebeh will be 7mos and shopping around in brick and mortar stores, but I'd like to have it as a registry option. :/
    . With that height difference, I would get a Tula. If that werent an issue, Tula or Kinderpack.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"