August 2012 Moms

Bad mommy moment

I had to go to Target today to get a baby shower gift. I put O in his stroller and then I picked him up and carried him for a few. I put him back down and I didn't buckle the straps. I'm going about my business, DH calls to tell me about some issues at the inspection and I'm looking at baby clothes. Next thing I know, I look over and my child is almost completely hanging out from the bottom of the stroller, half on his belly, holding on to the seat with his head laying on it. One more second and he would have fallen onto the floor. I felt horrible, but I was also cracking up laughing. It was an epic parent fail. I'm so glad no one walked by to tell CPS on me!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bad mommy moment

• Laughing picturing what O looked like. Sorry, but I would have side-eyed you had I seen this!

Not as bad when I had my grandfather install a carseat we were borrowing when we visited family. He apparently didn't install it correctly. Me & my mom were driving to a wedding. About 5 minutes into the drive, I look back and the entire car seat and base are leaning, hanging by a thread, with DS sleeping like a rock lol. After panic and being pissed, I had to laugh.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Jnmac83Jnmac83 member
    imagebrandyleighxx:

Laughing picturing what O looked like. Sorry, but I would have side-eyed you had I seen this!

Not as bad when I had my grandfather install a carseat we were borrowing when we visited family. He apparently didn't install it correctly. Me & my mom were driving to a wedding. About 5 minutes into the drive, I look back and the entire car seat and base are leaning, hanging by a thread, with DS sleeping like a rock lol. After panic and being pissed, I had to laugh.

Ha. Don't worry, I totally side eyed myself!! haha. I can't believe I did that. My brain is all over the map today.

Funny about the car seat. In hindsight that stuff is funny. In the moment it's terrifying.

• Loading the player...
  • hahah. I can just picture it. Just remember, O will never remember it lol.
    imageimage
  • I'm laughing so hard my eyes are watering. That is one of the funniest things I've ever read.
  • We have done this. One time it was in a restaurant High chair. Talk about embarrassing.
    image"Lilypie">imageimage

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"