Cloth Diapering

Overnight and nap leaking solution needed

DD leaks from her BG OS pocket overnight and during naps.  Is there a different insert that I should be using or can anyone recommend their overnight solution?  I really don't want to have to resort to buying disposables for nap and nighttime!!  Oh and DD is 11mo

Help! 

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

Re: Overnight and nap leaking solution needed

• I'm in the same boat.  Looking forward to responses.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have been stalking this board and others for the answer you are looking for.  As soon as I can save up for it (we are on a tight budget) I will be getting a couple of the Sbish OBFs and a wool cover for our ON solution.  I really haven't seen a bad review of the Sbish OBFs.  I have seen a few who like another brand fitted better, but they never said anything bad about the Sbish.  And most people rave about how well they work for ON.  SO that is what we will be trying.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • What inserts are you currently using in the diapers?  You may just need more absorbency.  Try hemp and/or bamboo inserts.  They're much more absorbent than MF.  You may need to layer a few inserts for overnight to get maximum absorbency.

However, if you find adding absorbency to pockets doesn't work for naps/overnight, you may want to look into fitteds.  We started using fitteds and wool when DD was 5 months old and no insert or snap combination on her pockets worked.  We haven't had any leaks since.  She was a tummy sleeper, so she had a lot of leaks out of the top of pockets.

• It kind of sounds like you're just using one insert with your pockets?

If so, use two. Or one plus a hemp inserts like JoeyBunz. Or get some GMD yellow edge prefolds to stuff with (yes, prefolds are more absorbent than MF inserts).

• LO is a heavy wetter so we had to move to fitteds overnight around 4 months. I use SBish OBFs with a flip cover and they work great (10h and the outside is barely damp). The first step is adding hemp inserts, that works for us for naps. But if that isn't enough a fitted is the way to go.
  • We use the sbish OBF and wool for ON and the sbish snapless with wool for naps. I LOVE wool and have had zero problems with my sbish fitteds. And sbish is having a "sale" on their OBF. It is really more like a second. It is just missing the doubler, but still has the snap in doublers, which is all we have needed so far.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have zero interest in wool or fitteds, so I just added more stuffing to the pockets.

His "usual" day and nap diapers are now 1 MF and 1 2-ply Applecheeks Bamboo.

Overnight are 2 Alva MF/Bamboo 4 layer inserts plus an extra 3 layer bamboo, or a MF, a hemp doubler, and a MF/Bamboo. 

The Alva 4 layer are a great insert. 2 of them isn't as bulky as 2 MF. 

• imageveruca5839:

What inserts are you currently using in the diapers?  You may just need more absorbency.  Try hemp and/or bamboo inserts.  They're much more absorbent than MF.  You may need to layer a few inserts for overnight to get maximum absorbency.

However, if you find adding absorbency to pockets doesn't work for naps/overnight, you may want to look into fitteds.  We started using fitteds and wool when DD was 5 months old and no insert or snap combination on her pockets worked.  We haven't had any leaks since.  She was a tummy sleeper, so she had a lot of leaks out of the top of pockets.

Yes to all of this.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• Fitteds and wool are the answer to sleepytime leaks. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thank you everyone for your responses!  I'll be trying most of them this week!

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"