Cloth Diapering
Options

rlr?

Ok please tell me how to strip with rlr. I read somewhere to wash diapers then fill with hot water add rlr let sit 30min then rinse until no bubbles. Is that right? Tia

Re: rlr?

• Options
    Thats how I do it! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I usually don't let it soak for 30 minutes, but otherwise that's how I use it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I usually let it agitate for 10 min, then soak for a few hours, then agitate for another 10 min, then rinse until there are no bubbles. I have heard people say there were no bubbles for them after just a few rinses. That is not true for us it always takes 812 rinses here to get everything out. That said, we have super hard water as there is a lot of limestone in the area so I have to use more detergent, which means I get mineral and detergent buildup. I strip probably once every 2 months to keep everything fresh and clean. Seems to work pretty well for us.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. We have very hard water and thats why i am stripping. What detergent do you use for hard water? I just ordered a few samples but havent tried them yet.
  • Options

I use Vaska Herbatergent.  I use one capful for a full load (2-3 days worth) of diapers.  I have never had stink or ammonia issues but since I do strip regularly that may have something to do with it.  And, in all fairness, I actually do a "diaper spa treatment" rather than just a strip.  First, I rock a (hot) soak overnight (I use Rockin Green for this but I'm sure any detergent would work).  Then I wash, rise.  Then I do the RLR soak.  Then I rinse a dozen-ish times.  Then I do an Ecover soak for a few hours with a rinse.  Dipes come out like new. 

Most of the stuff that I buy used, I actually add a few steps to the process.  If they are stained I start with sunning.  Then, if they are not fancy fitteds, I will add a few table spoons of bleach to the initial wash cycle.  Then, for all dipes, I add grapefruit seed extract to the rinse cycle after the wash but before the RLR. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"