Baby Names
Options

Thoughts on Avery?

This is DH's first pick for our LO number 3!! I like it fine, but I just don't want to have a name that 1. Will be too trendy 2. Will there be 10 other girls her her school with that name? And what MN would work best? I like short middle names any thoughts for me? Thanks in advance!!

Re: Thoughts on Avery?

• Options
    Not a fan; way too unisex and trendy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I like this name a lot for girls- i don't think she will be one of the 'avery' s, don't think its that popular. I like Avery Mae, Avery June, and Avery Jane. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm not a huge fan of unisex names.  Though I think of it as a boy name, it has definitely gone to the girls.  I do think it will be trendy and I know a lot of baby girls named Avery.  And even though I don't love it and would never use it, I don't hate it either.  I've definitely heard worse.

Avery Rose

Avery Elise

Avery Grace

Avery Claire

Avery Jane

BFP 1/8/10, MC 1/15/10 | BFP 3/20/10, MC 6/24/10 | BFP 12/13/10...EDD 8/22/11...DD born 6/7/11 @ 29 weeks 1 day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

i like this name a lot. I think its maybe growing in popularity but I don't see it being in the top 10 or anything. I like

Avery Lee

Avery Belle

Avery Mae

Avery Rose (trendy mn i know, but i think it sounds great with avery!) 

• Options
    I don't mind it. Personally, I don't run into many Avery's.

There is also a thoughts on Avery post from yesterday (I think) that you can look at....
  • Options

1. It's so trendy.  I think if you just sort of like it now, you def won't like it in 10 years.

2. Probably not-- but #1 would concern me more.

I know 2 little Averys (both 3 & under)

Avery Grace 

Avery Ann

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
  • Options
    I love the name but it is very trendy. 
    imageimage
    Anniversary

• Options
    The name goes best on a boy.
  • Options
    Avery is really NMS, so I'm not a fan.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 46808 845377924360 2036704678 n

WIMG950372 1

• Options
    VERY popular around here. I know 3 little girls named Avery.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagekayjay10:
    I'm not a huge fan of unisex names.nbsp; Though I think of it as a boy name, it has definitely gone to the girls.nbsp; I do think it will be trendy and I know a lot of baby girls named Avery.nbsp; And even though I don't love it and would never use it, I don't hate it either.nbsp; I've definitely heard worse.
    Avery Rose
    Avery Elise
    Avery Grace
    Avery Claire
    Avery Jane

Thank you! This post was super helpful, and kind. I appreciate it!
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    imagemermomo5:
    My daughter is avery its a family name. She is the only avery in school but there are a ton of claires ellies ellas and avas so I dont find it popular in my area. I know its not a loved name on here but it is like I said a family name for me so it works.

Happy to hear from someone with an Avery. :smiley::: I actually appreciate all of the feedback, gives me more food for thought. Avery would go so well with my other DD's names, so we'll see!
  • Options
    I like it. But I didn't realize it's originally a boy's name, so what do I know.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I love Avery.  We would never use it because it rhymes with our last name though.  I actually like it more for a BOY (since it's a boy name) but it can be nice on a girl too.  I wish people would use it for boys though- as a mom to boys Cameron and Drew it's nice to keep the boy names for the boys.
  • Options
    I've actually only met girls named Avery so I don't associate it as a boy's name at all.  I think it's kind of spunky and it's still fresher than other popular names like Sophia or Abigail.
    Anniversary 
  • Options
    Trendy and rising in popularity. I hate this name on a girl.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTGP March Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    It's not my favorite name, but it's not bad.  I went to school with a male Avery, so I always think of it as a boy's name, and I don't really like unisex names.  I have one, and hate it.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I prefer Avery on boys, but I'm old school like that.

If you're worried about trendiness, look at the SSA stats.  Avery was #18 for girls in 2011.  It's been trending upward steadily.  I don't think there would be 10 other girls with that name at her school (there probably won't be 10 of anything), and the numbers surprise me because I don't know any girl Averys, but it's possible it will just keep getting more popular.

DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • Options
    I'll preface this with I really don't like Avery on girls.  But in answer to your concerns - I know 2 female Averys.  Both are under 2.  And I only know a handful of small children (and more boys than girls).  So out of the 10 girls I know who are under 2, 1/5 of them are named Avery.  That's a pretty high percentage.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I really like Avery on a boy, but I fear it's been lost to the girls. I don't like it on a girl. 
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options

It is one of my most despised names, to be honest. And yes, I think it's very trendy.

Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• Options

I like the name Avery. In fact, 10 years ago I was considering using it as a boy's name, if my expected girl came out as a boy instead (she didn't and isn't Avery).

This time, I have Avery-Faith on my short list for a GIRL, as apparently it's a girls name now? I like it either way-and being trendy doesn't bother me. My oldest ds' name was 'trendy' the year he was born and has since fallen off the radar...so wasn't my own name. It really has NOT been a factor in our adult lives LOL!

• Options
    I like Avery and despite it being a traditional name for a male I see it as very feminine. This board seems to hate the name in general though, boy or girl. It's becoming very popular and I feel like someone asks about it every day on here.
  • Options

I know several baby girl Avery's, so I'm very over this name. Another thought to consider would be contending also with all the similar sounding Ava's.

I did recently see The Place Beyond the Pines and Bradley Cooper's character was named Avery. I loved it! I left the theater wanting to name a boy, Avery.  

• Options
    It's very trendy and very popular. That being said, I love the name and it has 100 percent gone to the girls. If trendy and popular don't bother you, then use it! It was on our list for this baby but couldn't get over the trendy/popular ness.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I like Avery for a girl.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageMelRC117:
    Very trendy I dislike it for a boy but detest it for a girl.nbsp; Sounds very country redneck to me.

I agree!
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Options
    It is very trendy, and yes, you would most likely find a lot of little girls with the same name. Not a fan of it anyways- I definitely see it as a boy name and dislike it on a girl. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    image2ndGeneration:

This time, I have Avery-Faith on my short list for a GIRL, as apparently it's a girls name now? I like it either way-and being trendy doesn't bother me. My oldest ds' name was 'trendy' the year he was born and has since fallen off the radar...so wasn't my own name. It really has NOT been a factor in our adult lives LOL!

Avery Faith is also on my list for a girl :)

Anniversary
    TTC #1 Since April 2014
    Me: 27 | DH: 31
    08/2006 - Laparoscopy/Stage 1 Endo
    10/2014 - Bloodwork normal, HSG all clear
    10/2014 - DH's SA 15mil/mL, 35% motility, 6% morphology
    BFP #1: 12/29/14 | EDD: 9/9/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"