June 2012 Moms

What is going on?

DD was never a good sleeper. 2 nights ago she slept for 10h straight. The following night, she was up every hour. Last night she was up from 2-5 am, talking, playing...

Today she is fighting her naps like a champ. Are any of your LO consolidating to 1 nap? Did it affect night sleep? I am lost!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: What is going on?

• imageacbfreire:

Last night she was up from 2-5 am, talking, playing...

I have no idea but this is going on with us as well. It makes me want to bawl my eyes out from sheer exhaustion! DD is on the cusp of walking so its what I am blaming the bad sleep on (for now) but the past 2 nights I haven't had to bring her into bed so I hope we are turning a corner! 

Her naps are shifting... we were 10 and 2 and now 1130 and 4. I am hoping we have one looooong afternoon nap, but so far this is just making bedtime 10 times harder.

I was not helpful at all....haha 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Ugh DS is all over the place, too. Thanks to teething we had a string of really, really bad nights. Before that, we were doing only 2 wakeups. Now we had 3 the other day, then every 90 minutes, then 2. I can't keep track anymore and I stopped trying.

Some days DS skips his morning nap and he's okay. Other days he is desperately tired after 2.5 hours in the morning.

I feel like every day is different! Argh!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagealizabethanne:
    imageacbfreire:

Last night she was up from 2-5 am, talking, playing...

I have no idea but this is going on with us as well. It makes me want to bawl my eyes out from sheer exhaustion! DD is on the cusp of walking so its what I am blaming the bad sleep on (for now) but the past 2 nights I haven't had to bring her into bed so I hope we are turning a corner! 

Her naps are shifting... we were 10 and 2 and now 1130 and 4. I am hoping we have one looooong afternoon nap, but so far this is just making bedtime 10 times harder.

I was not helpful at all....haha 

I did.. and DD laughed at me. Literally!

• Could be teething as well. 

On the naps, ds2 dropped his morning nap at 11 mths old. Ds3 is getting ready to drop his. He only sleeps 45 minutes if we are home in the mornings. If we are out then he usually skips it.  I'd much rather have a longer afternoon nap so all three sleep at the same time then try to keep his morning nap. 

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageDaisy22:

Could be teething as well. 

On the naps, ds2 dropped his morning nap at 11 mths old. Ds3 is getting ready to drop his. He only sleeps 45 minutes if we are home in the mornings. If we are out then he usually skips it.  I'd much rather have a longer afternoon nap so all three sleep at the same time then try to keep his morning nap. 

Yes, I think teething is part of it.

• This was DS lastnight...up every hour! 
  • imagedrbethc:
    This was DS lastnight...up every hour! 

ugh! I knew those 10h would bite me back. Last night she was back to 2-3 hrs (I can survive like that).

Her front top tooth is cutting ..

• The unpredictability is so frustrating.  We're down to (typically) one maybe two wakeups.  One time it was none (Just the once).  For a few nights last week it was up every hour.  Can't win!
    TTC #1 9/2011  BFP 10/3/2011! (EDD 6/10/2012)   Aubrey Lynn, 6/17/12Daisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • sam19sam19 member

Sleep problems are so frustrating. Do you think she's teething or learning a new skill? 

My LO is no where close to 1 nap. lol She can only be awake for 2-3 hours before needing a nap. Girl loves her sleep. lol 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • imagesam19:

Sleep problems are so frustrating. Do you think she's teething or learning a new skill? 

Both! She goes awake 4-5h sometimes. She is wired!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"