VBAC
Options

Expecting Mama Check-in...week of April 30

1) How far along are you this week?

2) Any doctors appointments?

3) How are you feeling?  Any cravings or food aversions?

The question of the week is two parts...

4) What are your fears/concerns with your upcoming VBAC?

5) How are you combating those?

***If anyone feels uncomfortable answering those last two questions or feels like they don't have any fears about their VBAC, please feel free to skip!  I just think sometimes it helps to voice our concerns and talk about how we can get through them. 

Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: Expecting Mama Check-in...week of April 30

• Options

1) How far along are you this week? Half baked!  20 weeks today!

2) Any doctors appointments? Yes, have an appointment with the MFM today for my anatomy scan.  We're team green, so we won't find out the sex, but this is the first appointment DH will be able to go to, so it's exciting.

3) How are you feeling?  Any cravings or food aversions? Feeling good overall!  I definitely wear myself out when I go to the gym (I'm wiped out for a day or two), but otherwise, very few symptoms at this point.  A vast difference from 1st trimester!

4) What are your fears/concerns with your upcoming VBAC?  My biggest fear is that I won't go into labor on my own.  My doctor will not induce, so if no labor by 41 weeks, we schedule the RCS.  I'm not afraid of a RCS, if that's what's needed.  I just don't want the reason to be because my body didn't start what it should have!

5) How are you combating those?  Mostly, I'm trying to have a good attitude and open mind.  Healthy baby and healthy me are top priorities.  If I have to have a RCS to get that, so be it.  However, I do have a plan for the end of pregnancy.  I'm trying my best to stay physically fit and continue in the gym.  I plan to continue that to the end and increase the intensity of my workouts as I'm able (especially the cardio).  I plan to make DH a very happy man during those last few weeks with as much sex as I can manage.  I also plan to look into acupuncture/chiropractors if I feel like that's necessary.  None of this may help, but at least I'll feel like I've done everything possible.  And again, I will stay positive.  I'm getting a baby out of this deal, that's all that really matters!

Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagea2003tiger:

1) How far along are you this week? 38 weeks

2) Any doctors appointments? Today, actually.

3) How are you feeling?  Any cravings or food aversions? I am feeling very tired, and physically sore all over. Lately I have this thing with popsicles and water ice.

4) What are your fears/concerns with your upcoming VBAC? No fears, no concerns. Just worried I won't go into labor on my own.

5) How are you combating those? I am just trying to relax, and let my body do what it will do. Hopefully she will come on her own, and I will get the VBAC I have been wanting.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

1) How far along are you this week? 32 weeks

2) Any doctors appointments? not this week...

3) How are you feeling?  Any cravings or food aversions? pretty good but it's up & down.  lots of ligament pain sometimes.  Cravings:  mexican food  =) and wine/beer/champagne - can't wait to have a glass!!  Also any sweets: chocolate, ice cream, etc   lol

4) What are your fears/concerns with your upcoming VBAC? only recently have I been leaning towards trying the vbac.  My Dr really put me at ease last week talking about it.  I'm hoping I would go into labor by 41 weeks since he won't induce me.  I'm a little worried about the pain, but more so about tearing since the baby's already measuring big - Dr's estimating she'll be about 9 lbs. I'm also worried about the recovery - if it will be worse or better than the c/s (c/s recovery was not bad - but I also didn't have a toddler at that time...)

5) How are you combating those?  taking it a day at a time - & praying!  I tend to dwell on decisions & go back & forth - I just want to be set w/ what I'm doing but it won't be the case here - it could be up to the last minute until we know if I could deliver or not...

• Options

1) How far along are you this week? 34w5d

2) Any doctors appointments? Not till May 8th

3) How are you feeling? Any cravings or food aversions? I'm tired and sore in my pelvis.  Otherwise I feel pretty good though as long as I get my mid-day nap.  I could chug root beer all day which is odd.

4) What are your fears/concerns with your upcoming VBAC? That this LO will be breech like DD2 (the reason for my c/s) and that I won't go into labor on my own by 41wks.

5) How are you combating those?  I've been doing some stretches from spinning babies and started looking for chiropractors/acupuncturists in my area.  I plan on calling one if LO is breech at my 36wk appt next week.

BFP 2/14/08, DD1 born 10/11/08 (natural); BFP 5/16/10, DD2 born 01/12/11 (c/s, breech)
    TTC #3: BFP 4/27/12, Ectopic 5/16/12 Expectant Management, 8/15/12 Cleared to TTC
    BFP 9/25/12 EDD 6/6/13, Shooting 3-for-3 from the line: It's a Girl
    PgAL/PAL Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

1) How far along are you this week? 33 weeks

2) Any doctors appointments? next week

3) How are you feeling?  Any cravings or food aversions? getting a bit of nausea here and there, and I don't have much appetite...but that doesn't keep me from my ice cream

4) What are your fears/concerns with your upcoming VBAC? I just really want DD to be in a good position for an easier labor - DS wasn't positioned well, and I had a really long, stressful labor.

5) How are you combating those? I'm trying to sit with better posture than I did in the final months of my pregnancy with DS, and I'm trying to remember to spend some time sitting on the exercise ball and doing some of the things recommended by spinningbabies.com. I want to know that I did everything I could to get DD in a good position.

• Options
    Hi! I'm new, so if there's an official Check-In list, can you please add me?  EDD Oct. 24 with my 2nd little boy. 

I'll be 15 weeks on Thursday.  

Nope. Not until May 15th, and hopefully nothing will come up to send me in sooner.  I had periodic bleeding all during first tri and have a history of miscarriages & other issues so it's been a rocky road. 

Pretty good.  Nausea is gone, I'm starting to get some energy and I'm actually hungry again!

That I will have a long labor like last time.  DS had his cord around his neck 4 times and never dropped into my pelvis at all, I never dilated past 5 cm but I labored for 30+ hours. I also had bad back labor.   

I'm not really.  I'm just generally hoping this kiddo is more cooperative than his brother.  LOL  I need to discuss L&D details with my OB, then I'm sure I'll have more fears and concerns.  

My big boy is bounding towards 4! Baby brother coming in October!
    Hipster dog is not impressed.
  • Options

1) How far along are you this week? 33 Weeks

2) Any doctors appointments? Yes one just a check-up

3) How are you feeling? Tired and lots of pressure on my bladder..

Any cravings or food aversions? Aversion- Meat accept beef...craving a good steak

4) What are your fears/concerns with your upcoming VBAC? The unknown...

5) How are you combating those? Reading all of the success stories...they are very helpful and reassuring.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imagea2003tiger:

38 weeks, just started posting here!  :)

Friday, if I make it!  

Feeling  no real cravings or aversions - it's mostly about simplicity.  Standing in front of the stove is something I stopped doing a few weeks ago.  I love my cereal and bagels.

Like most of the other responses, I am afraid I will end up failing.  If it comes to a C-Section, it does, but I really want the natural experience.  Also, I'm trying to overcome being shamed for not wanting my Mother in Law in the delivery room with me.  :(

Reading success stories, watching natural birthing video's on youtube.  Ricki Lake's piece on VBAC (more on the business of being born) was also really helpful.  As for the MIL issue, just talking to friends for moral support and posted a thread here looking for opinions and support.  :D

***If anyone feels uncomfortable answering those last two questions or feels like they don't have any fears about their VBAC, please feel free to skip!  I just think sometimes it helps to voice our concerns and talk about how we can get through them. 

• Options
    skioskio member
    1 How far along are you this week?

33 weeks.

2 Any doctors appointments?

Yes! I was waiting to have my MFM appt today to post. Last week's OB appt was fine and doc confirmed baby is head down and low, yay. MFM appt today was to check baby's side, because I have hypothyroidism, which can cause low birth weight. My DD was 8lbs14oz and I seriously doubted I am cooking an underweight child this time. I was right. She is estimated to be two weeks ahead at 5lbs13oz, 79th percentile, and is on track to be another 9 pounder if I go to 40w.

3 How are you feeling? Any cravings or food aversions?

Feel pretty good. Getting big and certain things are killing me, like the sciatica and heartburn! But overall, pretty darn good.

4 What are your fears/concerns with your upcoming VBAC?

Baby's size. Not being able to handle the med free part, which I feel is paramount to my success.

5 How are you combating those?

Relaxation techniques and affirmations from my hypnobirthing classes and optimism. I truly believe I can do this; I absolutely do not believe that my body would make babies that are too big for me to birth. I am pretty stoked about labor and trying this, I just hope my positivity sticks around for the next 6 to 7 weeks. ;]

Also, talking out my fears with H constantly. I can't keep anything bottled up, I have to let it all fly so that I can stay positive.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"