Nurseries and Baby Gear

Convertible Car Seat

My little one has almost outgrown her BSafe bucket and I'm still trying to decide on a convertible seat. I've narrowed my list to:

Chicco Nextfit
Maxi Cosi Pria
Peg Perego Primo Viaggio
Britax Advocate

My biggest concern is safety and fit. I drive a 2011 Subaru Forester. Help please:. Thank you!

imageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Convertible Car Seat

• And I should mention that I can't go to a local Buy Buy Baby or Babies R Us to try the seats because I'm in Maine and there's no BBB here and BRU is 3 hours away :

imageimage

• We just got the Britax Marathon a couple of weeks ago and I think it's great.  It was super easy to install, it has a harness that you don't have to rethread to adjust, and it fits great in my small Toyota Corolla. 
  • Loading the player...
  • You need it to fit in the Forrester? I'd drop the advocate off the list. I wouldn't consider the Peg convertible, even for smaller kids it's outgrown quickly both rf and ff. I'm meh on the Pria, from what I understand it's short on legroom.

Id consider the Nextfit and add in the Radian with the angle adjuster, both will work, but I'd consider asking a tech for help, the Forrester is a tricky beast. If your lo is average height or less, you could also try the Guide 65 and possibly the Evenflo Sureride. Any car seat used correctly is equally safe. Paying extra is just for features. And using your car seat to it's limits rf by default Is much safer. 

• We just got the Chicco Nextfit for our Ford Edge which I read that it also fit in a Honda Civic and a Toyota Corolla, so it should fit in your Subaru Forester.  And we also have a Britax Roundabout in my husband's Toyota Prius for daycare drop off purposes.  In the end, it is really all a personal preference, but the Nextfit is definitely more sturdy and comfy + it has more options on incline level/position.

Good luck. 

Add info:  https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/73660050.aspx 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks all! The other dilemma is that LO is also in the 88th percentile for length!

imageimage

• imageshana+chris:
    Thanks all! The other dilemma is that LO is also in the 88th percentile for length!

My LO is in 96% for length at her 4 month check-up as well.  26". She's growing so fast!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageshana+chris:
    Thanks all! The other dilemma is that LO is also in the 88th percentile for length!

I think the best convertible seat for tall kids is the Graco MySize/Size4Me. I don't know how it would fit in a smaller car. I suspect it would be okay because the headrest is adjustable. DD2 is about 95th percentile for height and will be able to rear face in this seat until the 40 lb weight limit. Forward facing, DD1 fit in the seat (barely) at 51".

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"