High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Preeclampsia Question

Has anyone been diagnosed with this? I ask because I went to the doctor this week and found that my blood pressure is now high and I have protein in my urine. The doctor has asked me to come back next week and if these issues are not better she is going to put me bed rest. She said she did not want to say I have preeclampsia yet but she said all signs point to this.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Re: Preeclampsia Question

• Options
    I have been diagnosed with preeclampsia. I am 33 weeks along today and was diagnosed about 3 weeks ago. My BP was on the higher side prepregnancy, but I was on medication so it was controlled. However, I've had two 24 hour urine collections and have been spilling a lot of protein as well. The doctor is now seeing me 3x a week...once a week for monitoring, once for a checkup and once for a biophysical profile ultrasound. I have an excellent doc and trust him implicitly. He's monitoring very close and says we'll more than likely induce around 37 or 38 weeks. So far my BP has stayed stable, no issues with elevated liver enzymes, no headaches and no major swelling. Hopefully I can keep it in check for a few more weeks. :
    Dx with PCOS in 2004; TTC #1 since 2006. 6 failed rounds of Clomid, 1 failed round of injectibles, innumerable failed cycles of herbs, accupuncture, etc. FINALLY got BFP on 10/4/2012 after 2 rounds of Femara Can't wait to be a mommy! Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Im curious what everyone's protein levels have been. I had a base line done a few weeks ago and I was already at 300 which my OB practice, and medical research I have done says is considered the pre e threshold. My BP has been high for what I normally run, 170s/80s so not quite the 140/90. I had pre e with my first, so I am nervous for what this might mean for DS2.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Love in autumn are you on bed rest ?
  • Options
    No bed rest, persay. But I had to promise that I would go to work and then straight home to put my feet up and rest. The whole thing is scary, but having a doctor that I REALLY trust definitely helps!
    Dx with PCOS in 2004; TTC #1 since 2006. 6 failed rounds of Clomid, 1 failed round of injectibles, innumerable failed cycles of herbs, accupuncture, etc. FINALLY got BFP on 10/4/2012 after 2 rounds of Femara Can't wait to be a mommy! Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"