Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Work

How many moms went back to part or full time work before baby was 3 months? Did you miss them growing up?

Re: Work

• Great question, I want to see how people respond cuz I go back in 2 weeks and start to bawl when I think about it or someone brings it up
    photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • I went back at 6 weeks. It was harder yesterday evening then actually being at work..only 3 hrs with LO. I was missing adult convos and structure in my day. I have come to realize I'm gonna miss some firsts for the next 18 years :-(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have two - went back to work at 10 wks for both of them (now 4 and 2).  Mostly dh watched them but sometimes a home daycare.  I don't feel like I missed a single moment of them growing up.  My dh used to laugh when I complained about it and say "you know what you missed?  He slept, ate, pooped, then slept, ate, pooped again". Seriously - I left the house at 7 am- he would nap from 9-11, ate lunch and played a bit then slept from 1 till almost 4 and then I was back by 5.   I make sure to take frequent days off to spend fun time at beach,zoo, museum, etc. and try to max my evenings and weekends.  They always come running to me and are thrilled when I come home.  When they are sick, I stay home without a thought of what meetings I cancel.  I never miss a party at school or event.  It's emotional at times but when I really stop and think about it, I do not feel that I have missed them growing up at all.  

• imagebrauchtm:

I have two - went back to work at 10 wks for both of them (now 4 and 2).  Mostly dh watched them but sometimes a home daycare.  I don't feel like I missed a single moment of them growing up.  My dh used to laugh when I complained about it and say "you know what you missed?  He slept, ate, pooped, then slept, ate, pooped again". Seriously - I left the house at 7 am- he would nap from 9-11, ate lunch and played a bit then slept from 1 till almost 4 and then I was back by 5.   I make sure to take frequent days off to spend fun time at beach,zoo, museum, etc. and try to max my evenings and weekends.  They always come running to me and are thrilled when I come home.  When they are sick, I stay home without a thought of what meetings I cancel.  I never miss a party at school or event.  It's emotional at times but when I really stop and think about it, I do not feel that I have missed them growing up at all.  

Thank you! You have made me feel so much better for real. 

photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • Similar to what brauchtm said... 

DS1 started daycare at 3 months old.  He's 3.5 now and no, I don't feel like I missed him grow up.  Even though he's away from us all day Mon-Fri, he knows who mommy and daddy are and there's nothing that could get in the way of that bond.  We have a wonderful relationship and he's a great kid.  We miss each other during the day and are happy to see each other in the evening.  We try really hard to make our family time count-- we do fun outings on the weekend like the zoo or a museum.  He knows how much DH and I love him and being in daycare is "normal" for him. He loves his friends there and he learns a lot.

• I went back to work when my 21yo was 3 weeks old. My mom watched her for first few months. I went back to work when my 16yo was 6 weeks and last week when my LO was 6 weeks. Returning this time was hardest in part because I dont like my current job. I have never felt like I missed my kids growing up. Though I did get to be a SAHM when ds1 was between 18 months and 6 years dd was 6yo to 11 yo at the time.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • kk1160kk1160 member

Had my little nugget on March 18th, back to work on April 24th. So, 5 1/2 weeks here (mid-week seemed like an easier transition than a full-force Monday thru Friday). It really sucks just kissing him goodbye in the mornings... being gone for 12 hours... and then only getting in an hour or two at night. LO stays with Grammy during the day and DH takes him/picks him up.

I will say it's nice to have my regular pay back and some sort of interaction and structure, but it was definitely a hard first few days. Stay productive and keep lots of pictures handy. That first day I pulled into the parking lot crying on the phone with my mom. Her famous saying is "suck it up, you're too tough for that" and that's exactly what you've got to do. It really makes you treasure the weekends and even the poopey diapers don't seem as bad!! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"