Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

overnight diapers

Does anyone have suggestions for good overnight diapers? I know this has been discussed before but I can't find the posts.

DS wakes up soaked about 3-4 times a week to the point that even his sleeves and arms are wet from pee.  I bought the store brand overnight diapers, not thinking they were different from the name brand ones but he is still waking up soaked.

Suggestions? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: overnight diapers

• Options
    We use Pampers Baby Dry.  We haven't had a wet morning since we used them...so not sure if it's even an issue, or if the diapers are just that good.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    Huggies overnights in a size up over here too :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    GO UP A SIZE!!!
    Sucks because from 3 to 4 you lose a lot of diapers per package, but it prevents leaks!!  We were desperately trying to stay in 3s but were also getting leaks with our Pampers Baby Dry. Switched to the 4s with no problems since. And we can easily still use size 3 during the day.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Pampers overnight in a size bigger
  • Options
    Kawaii Good Night Heavy Wetter, double stuffed
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My first fix is always to just go up a size at night. If that doesn't work, then we try overnight diapers. DD2 was still leaking out of the bigger size, so we have been using Pampers Baby Dry for her, but lately I've noticed the diaper seems to "weep." Like the whole diaper is damp to the touch on the outside, but she hasn't leaked. I thought maybe got a bad box, but the next box was just as bad. Once we finish these I'm going to give just a bigger size of her regular diapers another try.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    aandgaandg member
    We've had good luck with Pampers Extra Protection in a size up from what she normally wears.
    BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagekbruington:
    I use Huggies overnights in one size bigger than my son wears so it goes pretty high up his tummy. That seems to help a lot.

We do this as well. You can also buy booster pads at babies r us, it's like a regular pad that you put in their diaper at night and it helped DS. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    imagekbruington:
    I use Huggies overnights in one size bigger than my son wears so it goes pretty high up his tummy. That seems to help a lot.
    This. The huggies were my saving grace when my son was still drinking a bottle right before bed. He would wake up wet too. Once he only had his cup before bed he didn't need them anyone. I agree with going a size higher than his regular diaper.
  • Options
    thanks!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagekbruington:

We do this.  But I don't think my son is super leaky, since we forgot to pick some up last week and he did fine for 2 nights in his regular diapers.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    jld49jld49 member
    Not sure why there is such a huge difference-- but Huggies overnight diapers are THE solution. We tried many different brands as he kept wetting through-- and though we didn't try every brand, the Huggies night dipaers were clearly made of another quality. For a while we actually went in and changed his diaper after about 4 hours of night sleep, very quickly, w/o reallu waking him, b/c he kept wetting through.  But once we have the Huggies a try for a whole night- they did the trick!
  • Options
    We've had great success with Huggies overnights.

• Options
    We also use  Huggies overnights in a size bigger that she wears during the day. They have been great.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Options

imageRNmama12:
    I have tried Pampers, Huggies & store brand overnights and I have found great success with Huggies.  I use Pampers diapers during the day and Huggies at night and have never had a leak anymore.

this exactly works for us too.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ilanatilanat member

For our LO, we put a diaper booster pad in the diaper, otherwise he wakes up at 4 am soaking wet and miserable. Life-altering invention for us:

https://www.toysrus.com/buy/diapering-destination/disposable-diapers/baby-diapers/select-kids-baby-diaper-booster-pad-180-count-2771-3844600 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"