2nd Trimester
Options

Baby measuring ahead

Anyone have any experience with baby measuring ahead? At our a/s yesterday the baby was measuring 19weeks and a few days, but I'm only 18 weeks and 3 days. He had been measuring spot on until around 16 weeks. At an ultrasound I had then he was 3 days ahead, now he is a whole week! Any experience with this? Should I be worried?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby measuring ahead

• Options

At my first U/S I was 14wk 5days and baby was measuring at 16wks, doc didn't change my EDD and said baby was probably on a growth spurt or might just be a big baby. I'm guessing mine might just be a big baby since both DH and I were around 9lbs at birth.

Unless your doc said something is wrong, there's nothing wrong.

Rachel (23) and Ben (25)
    Anniversary
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Check out my blog.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    BFP #3: 2/14/13 EDD:10/16/2013 (Please stick little one)
  • Options

Did your doctor say you should be worried?  If no, then you don't need to be worried.

At one point baby has measured over a week ahead for me but was only a few days ahead at my a/s.  My doc said it was actually a good thing for me as with my health issues they would only be worried if baby was measuring behind. 

Hoping this one stays put a little longer
    BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    At that point, not a big deal. LO could have just gone through a growth spurt or something.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    He measured 5 days ahead yesterday at the a/s. the doctor didn't even seem to notice. Measurements are far less accurate the further along you are.
    BFP #1 11/27/11 EDD 08/08/12 M/C 01/27/12 12 wks 2 days
    BFP #2 04/25/12 EDD 01/04/13(?) confirmed ectopic 05/16/12 6 wks 5 days 2 doses of MTX-Lost left tube on 05/25/12 Back to TTC, earlier than originally expected.
    BFP #3 01/05/13 EDD 09/17/13 u/s 1/24/13-great appt, measuring 2 days ahead, NT scan 3/11/13-great scan measuring 4 days ahead, A/S 4/29/13-another great scan can't wait to meet my baby BOY!!!!!
    My Blog

My Sweet (and Spoiled) Furbaby Cali
    Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    PgAL/PAL Welcome

• Options
    Mine is measuring about a week and a half ahead.  At 22 weeks, they estimated her to be 1.5lbs.  I think my last pregnancy was similar, and I birthed a very average 7lb 10oz girl.  I'm not concerned.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    At my dating ultrasound baby was a week behind where my lmp would have put him. At my 20 week ultrasound he was measuring 21 weeks. It's totally normal. If your doctor didn't say anything, I wouldn't worry.
  • Options
  • Options
    It can depend on who is scanning you and how accurate they are measuring. Especially if two different people scan you, I wouldn't be surprised if you had a little discrepancy. I do my own ultrasounds and am also measuring ahead but I have been since about 10 weeks. 
    photo IMAG0561-002-Copy2-Copy_zps16abfae1.jpg
  • Options
    My first child measured ahead from the beginning and was born average size. This baby is also measuring ahead. It's pretty common I think.
  • Options
    I measured about a week ahead at my a/s. The u/s tech said she was not going to change the due date though. It is probably just a growth spurt.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"