Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Ear infection with tubes?

Both of my girls have had tubes, and we've had zero ear infections since the tubes were placed (almost 2 years ago for DD1, 9 months ago for DD2). We've always noticed lots of ear wax with both girls post-tubes, but today I noticed more than usual with DD2 and the color is just... off, I guess? Not quite reddish enough for me to think it's blood, but just not quite normal, either. Normally I'd just write it off as weird, but she's also been way crankier than usual and refusing to sleep the last two days, so now I wonder if she has an ear infection.

So I guess my question is, if your LO had an ear infection with tubes, what were the signs? Similar to EI's before tubes? Just drainage? Drainage with fever? 

Mama to two sweet girls
DD1 Feb 2010
DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Ear infection with tubes?

• My 18 month old son has tubes and has had 1 ear infection since they went in- he had a bunch of discharge coming out of his ear and he did not sleep well either- it sounds like your DD has an ear infection; the pedi gave us ear drops and it went away within a couple of days. They don't treat it with antibiotics. GL!
  • We have had tubes since January and had one infection since. It was hard to tell, but there was some drainage and he was cranky. Go to the Pedi immediately for drops. You don't want the tube to get blocked. GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • my DD had tubes in and also had an infection - get to the pedi for srops - they take about 5 days and all cleared up fine - and keep an eye on it - in fections do happen with tubes in 
    32, SAHM, adore my baby girl - TTC no.2
  • We had tubes in December and have had maybe 4-6 ear infections since then. Her signs are ear drainage. We have never had fever with it. Out ENT gave us drops so that whenever we see drainage we treat right away for 7 days and then go see her or our pedi to make sure all is good. Her ear drainage is usually a green/brownish color...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"