January 2014 Moms
Options

Who Have You Told?

Have you told anyone (other than presumably your partner and The Bump!) about your pregnancy? 

My last pregnancy ended in CP and I had already told 2 girlfriends and DH had told his family by this time (I'm 4w6d today).  I did end up telling my Mom when CP happened.  This time, I'm keeping things a little closer and have told NO ONE.  It has almost come up a few times, but I will get my 2nd beta results today, and I'd like to at least wait and make sure those #s are good. 

I'm actually thinking of waiting until US (May 21) to tell family and a close friend or two, and then waiting until 12 wks to tell everyone else, including work.

Our Baby Girl, Emma, changed our lives forever when she was born 12-19-13 <3

Re: Who Have You Told?

• Options
    So far, no one (except DH and you guys...and DS but he obviously doesn't get it).  We told family really early with DS (like 6 weeks) and everyone by 8 weeks.  This time we kinda want to keep it to ourselves for awhile.  I'd really prefer to wait and tell everyone after my 1st ultrasound but I'm afraid we will slip and spill the beans (its not until I'm 9 weeks.).  
    DS1 born 3/27/12 DS2 due 1/8/14
  • Options
    PiachPiach member
    No one.  It really isn't that real to me yet and with a missed miscarriage after 12 weeks in November, I'm not sure when I will be ready to tell. It's a very hard bell to unring.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP 10/8/12 | Missed Miscarriage - D&C 11/12/12

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My husband, my children, my best friend, and my midwives.  I will be telling people early.  It really sucked telling people about my first miscarriage when nobody even knew I was pregnant.  With my 2nd miscarriage people had known since I was 5 weeks pregnant so when I miscarried at 12 weeks I had an amazing support network.  I also know that I will just need more emotional support in general during this pregnancy because of pgal brain.  I don't think it is fair to put the burden of being my sole support on my husband.

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • Options
    We haven't told anyone yet. My family is out of town and we will see them May 24th weekend so i kind of want to wait till them so we can tell them in person. However my parents might be coming down next weekend so depending on my status of m/s we might tell them then. I plan to buy ds a shirt that says big brother and have him wear it and just wait for reactions. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

No one yet, but with DS I told family very early, probably around 6 weeks. My parents are out of town and I'm going on vacation next week, so maybe when we're all back in town I'll tell them. Everyone else, like work folks, will find out after the first trimester, I guess. 

I am most dreading telling my ex, DS' dad. We have a great relationship, and I'm worried this will change things between us. But I'm probably worried for nothing. I'll let you know! 

• Options

No one, it's killing me! :) 

Leith Abby, we told too soon, and had a scare at the beginning of my pregnancy. Everything worked out but it was stressful having everyone ask. So DH wants to wait until the first US this time. But I'm so bad keeping a secret :) 

• Options

I (obviously) told H right away. I waited to tell my parents for a couple of days...I just wanted them to know in case something went wrong.

A friend of mine (who is also pregnant and on the bump) found a post from me on 1st Tri and saw my chart so she knows too.

I also told one other friend. I needed someone to calm me down when I first found out, so I reached out to her.

Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
    BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

• Options
    My boss and my associate who works for me.  I work in a lab so I have to modify my work to do only paperwork during my pregnancy.  It stinks to have some people find out so early but I'd rather be safe than sorry.  And probably all my coworkers will figure it out pretty soon when they see me sitting in my office all day.
    Lilypie - (7gcp)

Lilypie - (S3If)

• Options

I have told my yoga teacher since I have to be more mindful of what I do now, and I told a friend when she offered me a job - I didn't want to be a jerk and just say nope, not gunna do it since she knows I would have loved the position she offered me.  But I told her I'm not telling yet!  I have my appointment tomorrow and will be telling another friend since it makes a difference in her life - I officiate at roller derby and she's the head official so she'll have to put me somewhere safe.  The big reveal will be on mother's day.  That'll be cute.

ETA - I did tell my April 2012 moms that moved with me to another board!  They were the first to know after DH!

imageimage

• Options
    I've told three of my best buds from by BMB with DD. The rest of the board will know after a favorable ultrasound. We have told our best friends who were visiting this weekend, but no one else. Immediate family will find out after the ultrasound and the rest of the world well after first tri is done. DD isn't knowing for a long time either just in case she blabs.

• Options
    Just DH. We want to wait a while for a few reasons, but mostly because we want to make sure things are still progressing with this pregnancy. I have lab slips to get my betas drawn that I plan to do next week, but the wait is killing me! I think once I get those results I'll tell immediate family. Not sure yet. IL's are in town until tomorrow and it's been a little tough to not say anything. But they'll be in town again in July for DS's birthday, so we may just wait until then to tell. I don't know. I'm still anxious to tell people, but I'm more ok with waiting this time than the previous ones.
    Jake on swing AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
  • Options
    MCH77MCH77 member

I just got my BFP today and I have already told DH, my mom, and 2 BFF. 

I had a missed m/c in 2010 and learned that I needed to lean on those people.  I am sure I will tell my sister in the next week.  Otherwise it will be a while for everyone else. 

BFP #1 March 24, 2010; missed m/c May 26, 2010 @ 12w 4d; D&E May 28, 2010

BFP #2 Oct 20, 2010; My little boy was born on July 5, 2011

BFP #3 April 30, 2013; Chemical Pg May 5, 2013

BFP #4 Aug 22, 2013; It's a boy.  Loss discovered at 24 weeks on Jan 15, 2014 (cause CMV virus)    

<3 We love and miss you Timothy <3

BFP #5 April 6, 2014; missed m/c May 15, 2014 @ 9 weeks; Misoprostol May 15, 2014; D&C May June 3, 2014

• Options
    So far we have decided to wait to tell our family and most people, but I have told my 2 best friends and my sister. It's really hard to keep it to ourselves, but we had a previous loss so we are nervous. We have our first sonogram next week at 6 weeks, so maybe if everything looks good we will tell our parents and other siblings then but wait to tell the rest of the family until the second trimester.
    Married 05.19.12 
      Lucas Anthony born 12.29.13
    image image

• Options
    Just DH! I think we're going to wait until 7 weeks when we have the first OB appointment and hear the HB.
  • Options
    We have told my parents, my brother and SIL (she is due in November) and one other friend. We have two other close friends we are going to tell when we see them and then no one else until 12 weeks.

• Options
    jcbb12jcbb12 member
    Just my DH so far. I'm going to visit my dad in a couple weeks and I will have to tell him then, since he would be suspicious when I don't have a glass of wine. I think I'll have DD wear her "Big Sister" shirt on the plane so that when we walk out to meet my dad, he will get the news right away.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageLittleMommaBlueHen:
    My husband, my children, my best friend, and my midwives.  I will be telling people early.  It really sucked telling people about my first miscarriage when nobody even knew I was pregnant.  With my 2nd miscarriage people had known since I was 5 weeks pregnant so when I miscarried at 12 weeks I had an amazing support network.  I also know that I will just need more emotional support in general during this pregnancy because of pgal brain.  I don't think it is fair to put the burden of being my sole support on my husband.

This is where I am at too. I hated having to tell people that I had a miscarriage when they didn't even know that I was pregnant. So This time around I am going to tell the people that I am pregnant if they are on my list of people I would tell that I had a miscarriage. I have told a couple friends and DH. We are going to tell our immediate family on mothers day 5/12. But we will wait to make a big announcement (like on facebook) until we are out of the first tri. Plus we figure telling those that are closest to us will give them time to celebrate this pregnancy even if it doesn't go full term (Fingers crossed it will though)

BFP 1/7/13 CP 1/11/13
  • Options

My sister-in-law knows and I told my husband yesterday.  Because of having my miscarriage last year, I feel a bit hesitant to tell everyone but at the same time,  I would rather them know and be there to help me through it (should I have another miscarriage).  

I plan on telling our families on Mother's Day (got a special gift planned since this will be the first grandchild on my husband's side and only the second on mine). I will probably tell my close friends then too.  I don't want anyone knowing till our Moms know because if it got back to them they'd probably be pretty upset. I will probably make it official with everyone else after my first ultrasound which is scheduled for 7 weeks. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

Just DH. 

I'm not opposed to telling everyone early like we did when i got pregnant with DD and DS, I guess it just doesn't feel like the right time yet.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers natural miscarriages- 12/18/07 & 2/18/13 (AKA:KRISTA555)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"