Two Under 2
Options

Help with older lo handling new lo

My son is 13 months and daughter 2 months... At first I thought he was handling the transition well but now he tantrums every time she cries and overall is not my"happy" toddler anymore.. I give him plenty of attention and even have my mom come over in the day to allow one on one time with him.. Any advice from those that have been through this? Will I ever see my happy boy again? Tia!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Help with older lo handling new lo

• Options
    My DD was 13.5 when my DS was born. At 1st she did great but then she started being a whiney, crying mess. She didn't like the baby, would ignore him and when he cried she would act out. She was even waking a night, more than the newborn was. We stayed consistent with her. Gave her love and attention. I'd say it took a good 2 months but she went back to normal. I thought it would never happen but it did! Now you'd never know. She's the happiest kid and loves her brother more than anything. They are best friends.
  • Options
    It's so nice to hear this. My son has started acting out as well, especially at night. Hopefully it ends soon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageBreanneL24:
    Honestly I think it has more to do with his age and less to do with the baby....It is just a stage that would have happened whether or not there was a new baby at home.

This. Dd went through a particularly whiney and tantrum throwing stage at 12-13 months, and little sister isn't in the picture yet. Hang in there, we've been having a lot of fun at 15 months :-) 

Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"