April 2013 Moms

Induction with Cytotec?

I am being induced on Thursday night (will be 41 weeks) and the doctor told me they would start me off with Cytotec and then give me pitocin in the morning.  I'm a first time mom, but hadn't heard much of this and started to do some research online and there is a lot of mixed review on this.  Has anyone had personal experience?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Induction with Cytotec?

• I am a first time mom as well. My dr used the same pill to induce me and slowly increased the pitocin, he broke my water at 2 cm and 23 hours after inserting the cytotec I was only to a 4. We ended up with a c section. Hopefully you find others with better success. 23 hours of labor, epidural, and c section hearing our baby girl cry was worth every moment!
    Together happily for 7 years, Married March 2012--Buckle up! BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had a successful induction with it. They break it up into 4 doses and place each dose about an hour or so apart. I went into full blown labor 20 min after the first one was placed which is not the norm. I can't remember if they did pitocin before or after my epi because I think my epi stalled labor a bit. They'll have you hooked to a monitor which is hard to be mobile with. I also had an iv and fluids. I was induced I think around 8 pm and had my daughter at 2:50 pm the next day.

Layne-May 6, 2013

Callie-February 14, 2011

• Loading the player...
  • imagejsaltz82:
    I am a first time mom as well. My dr used the same pill to induce me and slowly increased the pitocin, he broke my water at 2 cm and 23 hours after inserting the cytotec I was only to a 4. We ended up with a c section. Hopefully you find others with better success. 23 hours of labor, epidural, and c section hearing our baby girl cry was worth every moment!

Ditto this -- doc started me on cytotec around 9 PM on Thursday; started pitocin at 7 AM Friday, upped the dosage arond 9:30 AM... I diated to 10 by 7:30 PM, pushed for 2.5 hours, pelvic bones were too small, and ended up with a c section. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I was induced with DS#3 with Cytotec.  They were going to give me mutliple doses but I only needed the first one and my contractions picked up and I dilated quickly.  They started some pitocin and had to turn it off because I was going to deliver the baby before the doctor arrived.  I ended up sitting fully dilated with the urge to push for 45 minutes waiting for the doc!  Baby came out safe and sound after 4 pushes probably lasting less than 2 minutes!  I took the Cytotec around 10PM and delivered at 8:14AM the following morning.

I was induced with DS#1 with Cervidil and I preferred the Cytotec because it was nice just swallowing a pill.

• I had two successful inductions with cytotec. The pill was broken up into fourths, and only 1/4 of a pill was inserted next to my cervix. Contractions picked up and my water was broken within a couple of hours. I got an epidural with both DD's which actually helped me progress very quickly.  

BFP 7/31/10 m/c 8/16/10
    BFP 10/25/10 Brynn Helen born 7/7/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"