October 2012 Moms

Name change

Ok so I am still in the car in the driveway letting the beast sleep so I was thinking. If you could change your name, would you? If yes, what would you change it to?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Name change

• Nope, I love my name!  I've never even thought about another name I would want.
  • RayT1RayT1 member

I would! My parents gave me a unique name that I often have to repeat two or three times and spell it out for everyone.  I always hated it, especially as a child...now I don't really care any more.

If I were to change my name it would be Summer or Lilly (which are also my names chosen if we have a girl next)  

October 1st, 2012. 9lbs 2 oz

Jude - 8lbs 1 oz
    August 15th, 2014. 

• Loading the player...
  • I also have a name that has to be repeated multiple times. Its not really unique but there are very few of us. I have gotten to the point that if I make a call in order for food, I give MH name.

I would change my name to Grace or Christine.
  • Oh oh along the same lines, if you could have a different accent, would you? I sound like every southern hick on TV so I would change mine in a heartbeat. Bring on a British accent!!
  • imagecandaceleigh21:
    I also have a name that has to be repeated multiple times. Its not really unique but there are very few of us. I have gotten to the point that if I make a call in order for food, I give MH name. I would change my name to Grace or Christine.

My name is Christin, pronounced like Kristen. However people read it and see Christine and it drives me nuts. My dad picked my name and spelling and I just couldn't change it. My husband calls me by my nickname I gave myself when I was a toddler. Christin Emma Doggie. My middle name is Emily. 

• imagembm1983:
    I would have loved to have my moms maiden last name. When my great grandpa came here from Sweden nobody could pronounce/say his original last name so he changed it when he got to the states. It's unique, and tells me anyone who has that name is related to me. hahaI like my first name. It's a month. Perhaps one that is ending today....

I like your name!!! I saw somewhere today that someone on my moms group on FB named their daughter Wednesday. Yikes.
  • I like my name, but admit that I have always preferred one of the other "contenders" my parents were thinking of when they named me--Ryanne. In the 1980s Ryanne was so unique but now I guess its becoming more common in all kinds of spellings.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am not a big fan of my middle name, Louise, but it is my grandma's name so I wouldn't change it.  I would probably keep it an L name or another family name.  L because my initials were KLM before getting married and its a family tradition with the alphabetical initials.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • imagecandaceleigh21:
    Oh oh along the same lines, if you could have a different accent, would you? I sound like every southern hick on TV so I would change mine in a heartbeat. Bring on a British accent!!

I don't think I'd want to change my name. Sure theres lots of names I like but mines not bad. If I could I'd love my southern accent back. I've up north for so long I've pretty much lost it.

• Funny you should ask this... I have just decided to change my name!

Okay, I think you meant first name - I love mine. It's known but rare and I've always loved it.

When we got married, I thought about it very hard, and decided to change my last name to DH's. I was happy to do that, and I decided to keep my maiden name for work. I'm in publishing, and my name is in lots of books, and I like that if you Google my full former name, you get me. My married name is a lot more common.

BUT I am missing my maiden name, and I feel like it is a big part of my identity. I like that it is unusual, and I like the connection to my family. I don't have a middle name, so I have decided to change my name officially to make my maiden name my middle name.  

I feel quite excited that I've made this decision, although it's going to be a bit of an admin nightmare to change it.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Really late to this post... no one will probably read this but oh well haha.

I am named after the city in Maine where I was conceived.

Needless to say, I wouldn't mind having a different name hahaha. It isn't a normal name, either. (see username...)  I hated it as a kid, always having to repeat myself, spell it, etc.  I don't care anymore, but I always wanted to be named Maggie or Roxanne.  I have no idea why.  Both of those names are unappealing to me now hahaha.

DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DD Free from FPIES triggers as of 18 months! 
    Sweet potato, avocado, banana, mango, oats, wheat & rice outgrown.
    Dairy, soy, and peanut allergies outgrown! Allergic to eggs.
    DS MSPI, egg allergy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"