April 2013 Moms

Birth Story and PIP

Vivienne Eleanora

Above is one of the newborn shots of my baby! Here's the quick details followed by a longer birth story if your interested...

Quick:

Name: Vivienne Eleanora

Birthdate: 4/22/13 at 3:45 am

Weight & Length: 6 lbs 11 oz and 19.5 inches

Longer Birth Story:

I was due on Thursday 4/18/13 and my birthday was Saturday 4/20/13. I spent the entire weekend saddened that my baby hadn't arrived to help celebrate my birthday. Around 4pm on 4/21/13 I started getting "stir crazy" at the house and begged my husband to take me somewhere. We went to Home Depot and I began feeling cramping pains in my abdomen. They were random at 5 minutes and then 10 minutes and the pain didn't span my entire abdomen and back as described by the doctor, so I decided that they were most likely just intense braxton hicks and continued with our shopping. I told my husband to stop at Cookout (local burger fast food chain) around 7:30 pm on the way home to get dinner. Upon pulling in the parking lot, I joked with my husband "Wow. They're packed. I bet I go into labor right here.". We went in the restraunt, used the restroom, ordered our food, and I sat down at a table on the outside patio while my husband waited on the food. I shifted slightly in my chair and felt like I urinated all over myself. I knew that couldn't have been the case because I just used the restroom, so I shifted positions in my chair to see if it gushed again. It did. I called my husband's cell phone and told him to forget the food and to get out on the patio because my water had broken. Everyone on the patio heard me and started congratulating us. We jumped in the car and ran home to get the hospital bag and put our dog in the backyard kennel. As I entered the house, water continued to gush down my legs and contractions got stronger. We arrived at the hospital around 8:15 pm and they kept me in a room until 9 pm monitoring contractions. I spent the entire weekend at 1 cm dilated but once the water broke, I was at 3 cm dilated and in so much pain that I dreaded feeling what 5 or 6 cm would feel like. I was moved to a labor and delivery room and received an epidural around 9:30 pm. From that point on, labor was smooth sailing. I continued to have contractions and dilate over the next few hours. Sometime around 1 am on 4/22/13, the nurse informed me that she would help me deliver and since the labor was going so well that the Dr. would be watching through a video monitor at the nurse station and would come in the room in time to catch the baby. I spent approximately 2 hours pushing when the doctor entered the room and finished up the delivery. I had a level 1 tear and stitches. Around 6 am on 4/22 we were moved into a patient room and were discharged on 4/23. Mom and baby are doing well and recovering at home.

Re: Birth Story and PIP

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"