2nd Trimester

Stretch Marks cream

Not sure when to start using. Have you started? or do you just use your regular moisturizer.

Re: Stretch Marks cream

• imageAFwifelife:
    I use BioOil but genetically I'm spared from stretch marks...spider veins are another story. 

haha I have it the other way around. I look like a tiger with all my stretch marks, but no spider veins.

OP, I love coconut oil.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    because it didn't fucking snow enough for me to build my own
  • I've been using it since i started showing. Just after i get outta the shower and my body wash has shea butter in it.  No stretch marks yet. woot!
  • Loading the player...
  • imageAFwifelife:
    I use BioOil but genetically I'm spared from stretch marks...spider veins are another story. 

I also use BioOil. I love the smell much more than Palmer's cocoa butter, which made me gag during 1st tri. I should be genetically spared from stretch marks as well but we will see for sure in the next several months. 

Oct 13 April Siggy: Bunnies
    The 33 Most Important Bunny GIFs On The Internet

DS born on 9/30/13 from IVF #1.2!
      Lilypie - (xNS5)
  • I do a mixture of coconut oil and shea butter.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker 9/19/12: Miscarriage at 12wks due to Triploidy, D&C 9/24/12 - I will forever miss you my little angel
  • If you are trying to prevent them let me just say it now: you can't. Skin elasticity is genetic. The stretch marks start very deep down in the layers of skin that even the best moisturizer/miracle cream etc. can't even touch. So, you have to find something that helps with the itchiness and moisture.

I use Jergens 24 hour during the day and coconut oil overnight.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I originally bought a belly oil but I didnt like the fragrance they added to it. I have been using straight up coconut oil and I LOVE it! Whether or not it prevents stretch marks I cant say. However, coconut oil is very good for your skin so its a win regardless ;) 
  • Earth Mama Angel Strech Oil. I bit expensive, but I have heard first hand it is very good. 

• imagePrimRoseMama:

If you are trying to prevent them let me just say it now: you can't. Skin elasticity is genetic. The stretch marks start very deep down in the layers of skin that even the best moisturizer/miracle cream etc. can't even touch. So, you have to find something that helps with the itchiness and moisture.

I use Jergens 24 hour during the day and coconut oil overnight.

All of this. I use coconut oil every night but I use it for lotion anyway and love it. 

Me: 32
    DH: 37
    Married: May 24, 2008
    TTC #2 since: June 2020
  • Stretch marks are genetic. You cannot "prevent" them with oil.

However, I use cocoa butter and bio oil daily to moisturize.
        DS born 8-16-2013
  • I'm using palmer's cream and it is pretty good.  I also got the spray oil for itchiness.  I am 19 weeks, have gained about 20 pounds.  No stretch marks yet.  I started using about a month ago.  Usually 1-2 times per day.  It soaks in pretty good and leave the skin well moisturized.  I heard though that the best way to help avoid is slow weight gain (which I have not done!) and also they can be hereditary. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Right now I use Palmer's cocoa butter once a day (nighttime) and in the morning when ig et out of the shower, just my regular cream which is vaseline for dry skin.  Once I get farther along I will buy some bio oil to use at night and will probably use Palmer's in the morning.  So far the Palmer's isn't greasy or anything, it absorbs pretty quick
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • I used bio oil with my first and this one. As soon as I started to show I would put it on in the morning after my shower and again at night. I know people say it is genetic but I did not get any with my first and my identical twin sister has a ton. She did not use anything regularly while she was pregnant
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker .facebook_-966822808 IMG00064-20101108-0836 20120901_120106 BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageBaxterman:
    I have been using straight up coconut oil and I LOVE it! Whether or not it prevents stretch marks I cant say. However, coconut oil is very good for your skin so its a win regardless ;) 

Me too!  I love it!  I will be using coconut oil for nipple cream and as rash cream for the kiddo too.  

• I'm also using BioOil. Just started a week ago. We will see if it works. 

• I've read that cocoa butter and shea butter do not prevent stretch marks.  Vitamin e oil, however, has shown to help minimize them, as well as keeping your weight gain gradual.  I use Burts Vitamin e oil and belly butter twice a day, morning and night. 
  • Palmers tummy butter has been amazing so far!

photo b2867ff1-04fd-412f-991f-a3e09638ec0f_zps4503f4a7.jpg 

• I've been using Burt's Bees Mama Bee Nourishing Body Oil. It is amazing. I use it twice a day and have been using it pretty much the whole time. I'm 22 weeks, pretty big, and barely ever itchy. Only downside is that it takes a while to soak in so I usually walk around without my shirt on so as to let it all get in my skin and not my clothes!
    imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"