July 2013 Moms
Options

BTDT moms...

When would you recommend having the hospital bag ready? I'm 30w 3d and I'm realizing I should start thinking about this. I was thinking get a list and get things ready to go around 35ish weeks... is this too early? not early enough?
BFP #1 7/15/2012
Natural Miscarriage 8/4/2012 at 7 weeks
BFP #2 10/26/12 - Baby Jack - Due 7/6/13 - Born 6/7/13
(born prematurely at 35w 6d, perfectly healthy with no NICU time needed)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: BTDT moms...

• Options
    I'm not a BTDT mom, but I started shopping for little bottles of shampoo/conditioner and other small toiletries already. This is one thing I think is never to early to be packed. Nothing will go bad and if something should happen it's ready. I am going to start slowly getting it ready as well.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Options
    Last pregnancy, I figured I had plenty of time and would pack at 38 weeks. When my water broke at 37 weeks, DH and I ran around quickly packing. This time, I plan to pack by 35 weeks. I have already started buying travel size and I have them packed in an extra makeup bag.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I also have been slowly getting it together. I have the baby clothes packed, tooth brushes for DH and I, shampoo/conditioner, mascara, just randomness. It is slowly coming together. 
    Yes, I am one of those people that fully plans to bring make up to the hospital. :p 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    because it didn't fucking snow enough for me to build my own
  • Options
    imageMamasighs:
    I had no bag packed when my water broke last time.  No clean laundry, nothing.  I was at work and my mother had to come over and scrounge around through my things and throw stuff together.  Not ideal. I would say 35 weeks is not too early. 
    I also had nothing washed anything. I was put on bed rest after my shower. I brought a bottle of dreft to the hospital and gave it to my mom with the unwashed coming home outfit. She washed that and all the clothes she bought for DS for me. When I got home from the hospital, I had to wash the bassinet bedding. I am much more organized this time and have washed a bunch of stuff already.
  • Options
    imagejackson290721:
    I also have been slowly getting it together. I have the baby clothes packed, tooth brushes for DH and I, shampoo/conditioner, mascara, just randomness. It is slowly coming together.nbsp;Yes, I am one of those people that fully plans to bring make up to the hospital. :pnbsp;

How many outfits did you pack for baby??
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Options
    Both of my girls were born at 37 weeks.  I'm planning on being packed by 35/36 and having everything that can't be packed (laptop, phone chargers) in a easy to grab location in case DH or my mom has to run by the house to grab everything.
  • Options

I'll probably pack most of it next month (so by like 32 weeks). I didn't need much last time, so it wasn't a big deal to pack. Then I'll just have a post-it in it for a list of things to grab last minute like chargers, wallet etc.

My short list includes: a pack of Hanes undies, a pair or 2 of comfy sweats/yoga pants, socks, sleep nursing bra, a few nursing camis and a zip-up hoody/sweater, hair ties, toothbrush/paste. Comfy clothes for DH. For baby, a going-home outfit, a light blanket and baby wipes (The hospital only had the kind you wet to use and that was a pain getting up to do it every few hours.)  All other stuff was given to us by the hospital including diapers, newborn hat, lanolin, bulb syringe, pads, ice packs, witch hazel pads, peri bottle--so I'm not going to waste space with it.

DD1: Maya 05/10
    DD2: Lucia (Lucy) 07/13
  • Options
    i always packed between 30 and 35 weeks.
  • Options
    KERJFKERJF member

Last time I think around 33-35 weeks I started throwing stuff in that I knew I would want, but wasnt going to be using until the hospital (we have electric toothbrushes so we bought regular ones) - nursing tanks, the short cotton robe I bought - stuff like that.

And everything else got thrown in the night my water broke :)

imageimage
  • Options
    I'll be packing when I feel contractions. But I'll make a list ahead of time so I won't forget a whole bunch of things in the chaos.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    atlvolatlvol member

imagesophie206:

All other stuff was given to us by the hospital including diapers, newborn hat, lanolin, bulb syringe, pads, ice packs, witch hazel pads, peri bottle--so I'm not going to waste space with it. 

Thank you for mentioning this! I need to add this to my list of questions to ask at the maternity tour, what do they provide for me/baby that I don't need to worry about packing.     

• Options

I didn't pack ahead of time last time. The two weeks leading up to induction (due to GD complications) I was in and out of the hospital, having a bunch of tests done, watching baby's progress. I was fairly sure I wouldn't need to pack in a rush. I went in on a Friday to have routine tests done (NST and BPP) and the doctor was not real happy with things. So I got a shot to mature baby's lungs and had to go back the next day to get another one. At that time, I was given the jug to do the 24 hour urine collection. When we went home with that, DH and I decided to pack the bag to take with us from then on. So when we went back the next day, the bag was in the car. Good thing, because I was induced. :)

All that to say, I don't worry about it too far in advance. I don't have GD this time, and don't anticipate too many issues. I have a list together by 36 weeks, and pack what I can ahead of time by 37- 38 weeks. I'll throw last minute stuff in when needed.

Wyatt 9/6/2011 
    Tessa 7/5/2013
    Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

• Options
    klyannklyann member
    36 weeks is probably plenty early.  I was still actually packing mine when my water broke at 39w2d.  Trying to pack between painful contractions is not recommended.

DD's Food Allergies: Peanuts and Rice, Outgrown Dairy!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

8/09 Dx PCOS & Hashimoto's
    BFP #2 12/13/11. Missed M/C at 11w5d, measured 8w6d. D&C 2/1/12
    Never in my arms, but always in my heart.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    36 weeks I have will have it packed. 37 weeks and on is fair game and I don't want to be caught off guard again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"