November 2013 Moms

Halloween!

I know it's silly but I am excited to be all big bellied for Halloween this year.

Anyone going to do a fun costume to dress up your bump?

Lets hear your ideas

I think this one is hilarious!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic              image 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Halloween!

• That one is tame compared to some of them.  I've seen one with the belly "ripped open", and a "zombie baby" (doll) attached by an umbilical cord.  And the mom is zombie'd up and looks like she's eating the baby.  Pretty nasty.  I have to see how I carry.  If I carry all out front, I saw a cute one, you dress up like a basketball player and paint the bump to look like a basketball.  If I'm all spread out though, I have no idea!  I think the pregnant skeleton shirts are cute.  I don't know.  My friend is a Halloween nut.  She does a small haunted house in her back yard each year, and takes donations of dog food, leashes, etc. to give to a local rescue shelter as the entrance fee, although she doesn't require it.  I'm usually a werewolf.  So we'll see how it pans out.  She doesn't know that I'm pg yet.  I have a feeling once she knows, I'll be the zombie with the baby ripped out of me!  LOL.
    ~Elizabeth ~

Angel Baby # 1 : EDD 9/11/12,  Missed m/c at just over 13 weeks

Angel Baby # 2 : EDD 9/9/13, m/c at 6 weeks

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageZippida:
    That one is tame compared to some of them.  I've seen one with the belly "ripped open", and a "zombie baby" (doll) attached by an umbilical cord.  And the mom is zombie'd up and looks like she's eating the baby.  Pretty nasty.  I have to see how I carry.  If I carry all out front, I saw a cute one, you dress up like a basketball player and paint the bump to look like a basketball.  If I'm all spread out though, I have no idea!  I think the pregnant skeleton shirts are cute.  I don't know.  My friend is a Halloween nut.  She does a small haunted house in her back yard each year, and takes donations of dog food, leashes, etc. to give to a local rescue shelter as the entrance fee, although she doesn't require it.  I'm usually a werewolf.  So we'll see how it pans out.  She doesn't know that I'm pg yet.  I have a feeling once she knows, I'll be the zombie with the baby ripped out of me!  LOL.

I love the cute black t-shirt with the baby skeleton on it! I think I saw that on Amazon.

• Loading the player...
  • DH and I were literally talking about this yesterday. He thought it would be funny to dress up as an OB/GYN, and for me to just wear a hospital gown.  We did say it might get confusing if i actually went into labor while we were dressed up though!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I delivered DS a few days after halloween a few years ago.  I remember we were invited to a party, but I felt so huge and uncomfortable, I didn't want to dress up and go.  So I sat on the couch and ate out of the candy bowl while we watched scary movies.  It was one of my favorite halloweens.  :)  

I'm not sure if I'll have outside babies this time before or after halloween.  I've ready half of twins are born by 36 weeks, and I'll be 36 weeks the 27th of October.  

I think that costume would be fun for a party, not so much for trick or treating.  Haha.  I can imagine it would scare the crap out of my DS.   

• imageskinnykate9:
    DH and I were literally talking about this yesterday. He thought it would be funny to dress up as an OB/GYN, and for me to just wear a hospital gown.  We did say it might get confusing if i actually went into labor while we were dressed up though!

Oh, that would be bad.  No one would believe you until you got in the car to leave.  LOL.  That would be a good one though. 

I saw one where the woman's belly was painted like a watermelon, and they were both dressed up like farmers.  The man's shirt said something along the lines of "I planted the seed."

I saw another one, with an open clamshell - the bump was the pearl.  I thought that one was kinda cute.

~Elizabeth ~

Angel Baby # 1 : EDD 9/11/12,  Missed m/c at just over 13 weeks

Angel Baby # 2 : EDD 9/9/13, m/c at 6 weeks

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Jmo30Jmo30 member
    I'm hoping to schedule my eduction on Halloween as that is 7 days prior to my due date so its allowed..but if for some reason I can't do this then I will have to think of some ideas as I LOVE Halloween(hence the enduction date). I've always wanted a Halloween baby.
  • I told my DH and SIL last night that I'm going to dress up as Buddha with my belly all exposed and charge everybody a quarter to rub my belly a make a wish like they do at some of the Chinese restaurants we've been to. :D
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My MFM won't let me go passed Oct 22 so I'm going to start looking for newborn costumes! Hehe! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I did a Halloween run when I was 5 month pregnant with my son and had a visible belly. I dressed up as a magic 8 ball. Just wore black and made a felt white circle with a black 8 and stuck it on my belly :)
    I like the skeleton baby shirts, especially the girl ones with a cute bow.
  • I'll play it by ear if I'm still KU and have DH paint my belly like a pumpkin. I'm due 11/2 so I'm not going out of my way to order a costume or make something.
    Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • Last Halloween I missed bringing DS out in his cute costume because of hurricane Sandy :(   So this year I don't want to miss out, and will probably just concentrate on making it fun for him rather than getting myself into costume
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    photo calforsiggy_zps05750af4.png
  • I think I am going to be Juno. Not to much work involved, just some funky, comfy clothes. I don't think I can talk DH into being Paulie Bleeker. I do have maroon and gold gym clothes though since those were my high school colors. LOL.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Love it!  I was pg with DS for Halloween and dressed up as a basketball player ( I played in college) and painted my belly like a ball. It was really cute and got lots of comments. I didn't feel huge, but had my son 5 days later at 37 weeks!  With this one, I'm due Nov 11 with a high chance of going early again, so baby may be here. If not, I love the skeleton idea! 

• I showed this to my DH and he said, "Man, that's a big set of jugs." Men!
    Formerly Sara*n*Ryan
    imageimage
  • I wanted to Juno and Paulie Bleaker too but my husband said no way!! I was gonna carry around a gallon of sunny d!
  • imagegardennymph:
    I think I am going to be Juno. Not to much work involved, just some funky, comfy clothes. I don't think I can talk DH into being Paulie Bleeker. I do have maroon and gold gym clothes though since those were my high school colors. LOL.

Once we found out I'd be really pregnant around Halloween we knew we'd be Juno and Paulie Bleeker lol. I love the idea of carrying around Sunny D! 

Anniversary *TTC since 09/11 *Me-29 (low AMH) *DH-35 (moderately low sperm count) *First RE appointment 09/12 *IUI #1 with injectables 12/12 image
  • Some of these ideas are so fun! I totally didn't even know about being pregnant at Halloween! I'm going to have to brain storm some ideas then. :) since I'm not due until Thanksgiving weekend I should be safe to plan a costume. 
    Anniversary
  • This may be a difficult one: get a cardboard box, decorate it to look like an oven and wear it on the torso. Get DH to dress like a baker. Bun in the oven?
  • Haha. If I still have baby in me, then yes I'll dress up. I love Halloween. 

• DH and I were thinking about doing Rick and Lori from The Walking Dead. :
  • I love that tank! And the Juno & Paulie Bleeker idea!  I had thought about wearing this shirt:imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic' mce_src='Image and video hosting by TinyPic'>

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker photo Lil-gobblers_zps83205d35.jpg image image image image
  • skleylaskleyla member
    haha, awesome!
    samk
  • imageyomama2013:
    I told my DH and SIL last night that I'm going to dress up as Buddha with my belly all exposed and charge everybody a quarter to rub my belly a make a wish like they do at some of the Chinese restaurants we've been to. :D

haha...LOVE it!  I couldn't do it as I'm totally anti-rub-my-belly.  I've considered getting the t-shirt on etsy that says "don't tap on the fish tank!" Love the skelly baby halloween tee's too.  

• When we were thift shopping for Halloween before my last pregnancy we found a Staples employee vest at the thrift shop and I mentioned to my H that if I were pregnant I'd want to go as an "easy button" and have him dress up as the Staples employee. Since I'll be pretty big this time around I thought it would be fun idea.

TTC #1 Sept 2008
    M/C 9/21/09 | M/C 12/24/09 | BFP 1/23/10
    Madeline Rey DOB 9/30/10
    TTC # 2 Jan 2013
    BFP 3/12/13 | EDD 11/18/13
    It's a GIRL! Lydia Marie!
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Violet beauregarde from Charlie and the chocolate factory and my DS will be an Oompa Loompa
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"