Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

My Laundry is Piling Up

It's frustrating having 2 kids sometimes. I feel like by now, I should be able to tackle every chore as well as take care of them, but as of right now I have 10 loads of laundry on my bed waiting to be folded, and I just want to go to bed.

When one is napping, the other is awake. One is peeing her pants, the other is screaming to be fed. They both go down for bed, the dog barks and wakes them both up, and I have another hour of the bedtime process all over again. 

I just want to bash my head into the wall a few times and eat an entire thing of ice cream. I mean, I am still 30 pounds from where I want to be, so might as well eat a pint of frozen dairy goodness. Ok, not really, but I want to. 

Anyone else struggling still with 2 and being a SAHM? Or even a working mom! Just someone tell me I am not alone. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
image  image

Re: My Laundry is Piling Up

• Options

you are so not alone!  It's a good thing the baby doesn't actually use his room because clean laundry is piled up both in his crib and on the floor and every time I get a chance to catch up, within a couple days it's piled up again.

My house is what I like to call a constant state of embarassment.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Constant state of embarrassment is a good way to describe it. Usually when I have people come over, I just use the method of "shoving sh*t everywhere out of view". Except now that's just driving me crazy.

And I can understand the parent comment. I keep looking at DD2 and thinking "man, DD1 was sooo much easier. It was like having a doll." It is easy when you can focus all of your attention on one child's issues. Today, I had to hold DD1 on my grandma's toilet to pee, while rocking DD2 in my other arm, and my face was basically right next to DD1's butt. Needless to say, I witnessed my child poop in a way I never want to again.

It is interesting trying to solve the problems of both of them. Thanks for reminding me there are others going through the same stuff. I might go fold my laundry now. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm kinda terrified to have another one!! I give you a lot of credit!

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm right there with you. I do like 2 loads a day... I seriously have no idea where it all comes from. I realize now how easy one kid was.

• Options
    I'm right there with you! I used to be able to clean up the "Claire bombs" toys every where before DH got home. That never happens now. Our kitchen designer came over last night and I only had time to clean up the kitchen and dining room. I was so embarrassed by the state of my living room, but he has witnessed a double melt and knows how crazy my life is right now. Why not throw a major renovation into the mix?! But, in all seriousness, each week gets easier. I get to know DS better and DD gets better with potty training. Bath time has become old hat. The one thing I truly am not able to do is work on our yard.
  • Options
    laura1laura1 member
    Right there with ya sister.  I run laundry and then don't have time to switch it to the dryer.  I have to run it all over again and remember the next time!  I have been enlisting the big kids to help me put it away (I have to fold, though).  Life is crazy with more than one.  When the 2 big ones are in pre-school and I am not working (Tuesday am from 9-11:30) I have it easy.  Although that is when I grocery shop since I only have one kid with me!  I just keep telling myself that it has to get easier at some point...in 5 years when they are all in school...
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am a SAHM with three children.  I have a strict laundry schedule that I have been following for the past two years and it is wonderful.  I do towels and sheets on a certain day of the week, me and DH's clothes on a certain day, and the kid's clothes on a certain day.  I have it organized so that each morning I throw a load of laundry in, fold a load, and put a load away.  It keeps things moving without getting overwhelmed.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, I've been eating a lot of ice cream, often with wine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"