September 2012 Moms

LLHR***And anyone else who wanted the steak recipes

RE: Steak recipes

Steak is not usually my best meat to cook with. I'm better at and prefer cooking chicken and/or ground beef. So when we do fajitas, I just get whatever thin cut of steak is on sale at the time. I slice it up, and season it with a pre-packaged fajita seasoning (bad, I know). I then cook it up with sliced onions, a clove or two of minced garlic, red, green, yellow and orange bell peppers. I serve them in whole wheat wraps or spinach tortillas. I usually top with mexican or cheddar cheese.

For steak sandwiches, again, I get a thin sliced cut of steak. I usually only season with salt and pepper, and cook it on our George Forman grill. Sometimes we use a 'steak' pre-packaged seasoning. I then toast sourdough rolls. I like to top it with pepper jack, but we also use provolone and cheddar occasionally. I usually do oven baked fries or just chips on the side if I'm feeling lazy.

Nothing fancy, but there it is :)

Re: LLHR***And anyone else who wanted the steak recipes

• hmp1hmp1 member
    I like flank steak for fajitas. Marinate in soy sauce, olive oil, and lime juice for 24 hours before cooking. I either cook on the grill or broil in the oven. Mmmm.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"