July 2013 Moms

Staying active in third trimester

For those of you still exercising or at least moving around a lot these days, how much activity are you typically doing?

Some days, I don't have much energy at all, and just getting dressed in the morning will make me a bit breathless lol. On those days, I might just take DD on a short walk around the block or on an errand to the store/supermarket. On other days, when I'm feeling pretty good, I go to the gym (Bonus: DD loves the childcare there). I'll usually walk on the treadmill or pedal on the bike. About once or twice a week, I take a pool class that is mostly stretching and toning, with a tiny bit of light cardio thrown in. The pool class is heavenly for the weightless feeling, and I'm sure I'll appreciate that class even more as I get bigger!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Staying active in third trimester

• I'm still teaching 2 spin classes per week. I also do 3 additional days of cardiotreadmill, elliptical
    m/c #1 6/30/05 m/c #2 9/18/06 m/c #3 9/18/08 BFP 10/21/12....EDD 7/6/13....Praying this is my sticky baby. Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • MRadsMRads member
    I'm still trying to walk/run 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • Loading the player...
  • I do 40 mins of cardio on the elliptical and then 10 mins of arm and 10 mins of leg toning exercises. It gives me energy...I think, lol.
  • I try to walk everyday. But like you I'm starting to get out of breath a lot so the distance and difficulty of the trail vary depending on my energy level that day. On good days I do a 4.5 mile hike with a lot of hills, which usually takes me a little over an hour. On days I'm lower energy, I do a 2 mile loop around my neighborhood, which is all flat which I can usually knock out in 30 minutes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm walking 3x per week for 45 min and doing insanity (revising the workout some) and weights about 2x a week. I'm actually more out of breath sitting at my desk or the couch than when I work out. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I try to get about 30 min of lap swimming in a few times a week. I've found it really help keeps my blood pressure in check...and you're right, that weightless feeling is heavenly. I feel like I put on 100 lbs when I have to step out of the pool.   

Me: 38, PCOS/ DH: 37

DD born 12.21.09, conceived w/ injects and IUI

TTC#2 since Nov 2011

BFP 2.6.12 m/c 6w5d | BFP 5.25.12 c/p

-Back to the RE-

3 medicated IUIs, all BFN

-Taking a break from treatment-

BFP 11.20.12 ~ EDD 7.28.13

image image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Chart
  • I've had a very easy 2nd trimester with hardly any pregnancy symptoms (no swelling, no high risk factors, no aches and pains) so I've been able to continue my pre-pregnancy workouts.  I am still able to run 5-6 times a week between 4-6 miles at a time.  I also lift and do abs.  However, if you are active at all I think you are doing great!  Anything you can manage is beneficial to you and baby.  I will have to try out some pool exercises for that weightless feeling! 
  • I'm not "working out" but I go for a long walk everyday. My back starts to hurt if I over do it.

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• I go to the gym about 3 to 4 days a week. I usually do the eliptical and the bike. Other days dh and I go for a walk or bike ride. Im gonna try and stay active as long as possible!

Anniversary

Pregnancy Ticker

• I do bar method 3 times a week and go on a hike one day a week. I wish I could work out more, but I just get tired and want to have some quiet time before the baby comes.
  • My pelvis hurts so bad I haven't been very active. It makes me sad because I was very active prepregnancy, lifting weights and cardio. I'm a nurse in a very busy clinic though working 4 days a week, 10 hour shifts and I get lots of activity there! I hope to start at least walking in the evenings, but I've been having lots of contractions/BH so it's a hard balance...
  • I'm down to about 3 gym days a week. Usually at least 1 swim day of laps, 1 walk day for about an hour, and 1 step class.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    imageimage
  • I walk the dog every day, a total of about 2 or 3 miles, swim twice a week, and do yoga once a week. I find I get more out of breath standing still than when I'm moving.
  • I just finished a 5K last week. I looking into something different to try besides walking/jogging because I'm having trouble with my hip. Currently I practice yoga twice a week, I'm probably going to add elliptical and swimming. Good luck, I feel like I go right to bed after work but I know I must stay active!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • AiylinAiylin member

imageMrsErinH:
    Does shopping count? Seriously, I'm getting most of my exercise from walking around stores...sad, I know!

Love this! Yes in my book it counts, but I'm also still keeping up with the swimming thing.

imageimage

• dek3111dek3111 member

I still do CrossFit 3x a week (my husband owns the gym) but I've slowed waaay down and do less weight.  Yesterday's workout was 4 rounds of 400m runs and 50 squats and my stomach would contract during the runs (ahem, jogs) and my crotch burned during the squats!

Plus carrying my two-year old around with this belly is around 40 lbs on a daily basis!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I do 30 mins elliptical or walking the hills around my apartment 4-5ish days a week. I do yoga 1-2 days a week (either a half hour stretch it out class or a 90 min prenatal class for strength and flexibility). I also do stuff like always take the stairs, park far away etc. Oh and I do 10-20 mins of squats/lunges/weights 3 days a week. It helps me sleep sooo much. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"