Trying to Get Pregnant

~*~ Newbie Playdate ~*~

2»

Re: ~*~ Newbie Playdate ~*~

• imagejschwind22:
    imageSoonToBMrsGarrett:

My temps are all over the place. Should I temp vaginally next cycle or is the way it is good enough?

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/438ee0

Are you a mouth breather?  Vaginal temping might be worth a shot.  Without that OPK and EWCM I doubt FF would have detected a shift.  Good luck! 

Honestly, I'm not sure. Guess I'll try to pay attention to that. Thanks! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesarahharmintx:
    My question: at what point is it not considered a drive by? If I post everyday but get knocked up my 1st round wouldn't that be one? Or I read somewhere someone said 3 months. Is that 3 months of charting or 3 months of posting? Is it just a case by case, person by person thing?

Usually if you have to ask this question, you're still a drive by.  If you are an active member of this community, then a BFP post is ok.  I don't like to put a specific time frame on it.  Some people form relationships quickly, while others have been here for many months and haven't done so.  

My Blog
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

TTC #1 since February 2011
    Me: 29 (3/5/13- high NK cells)  DH: 28 (5/8/12- MFI low morph and motility)
    Cycle #21 (IUI#1), Cycle #22 (HSG 9/21/12) and Cycle #23 (IUI#2)=  image
    Cycle #24- December Snow Bunny IVF #1
    ER 12/6/12 (14R, 11M, 9F), ET 12/9/12 transferred 2 day 3 embies
    Bleeding and low betas=very cautious image C/P 5W3D
    Cycle #26 March Lucky Duck- FET #1
    scheduled 3/20/13- CANCELLED- lining issues
    Cycle #27 May Emerald- FET #1.2
    delayed- Starting Trental for 3 months + natural cycles Cycle #28-30=  image
    Cycle #31 August Shooting Star- FET #1.3 
    transferred 1 hatching blast 8/21/13= imageBetas 8/30 (108) and 9/3 (565)

U/S 9/19/13- HR is 128!  U/S #2 10/4/13- HR is 174!
    It's a BOY!

• Loading the player...
  • I've been fisting to make childbirth easier. But now I think it's too big. What can I do to fix that??

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejschwind22:

imagesarahharmintx:
    My question: at what point is it not considered a drive by? If I post everyday but get knocked up my 1st round wouldn't that be one? Or I read somewhere someone said 3 months. Is that 3 months of charting or 3 months of posting? Is it just a case by case, person by person thing?

Usually if you have to ask this question, you're still a drive by.  If you are an active member of this community, then a BFP post is ok.  I don't like to put a specific time frame on it.  Some people form relationships quickly, while others have been here for many months and haven't done so.  

Yes 

• imageLadyofshallott86:
    imageSCalender:

Awesome ! I did not know B12 was for engergy! I'll def try that ! And Im gonna go buy some ear plugs for sure. Is Melatonin okay while TTC as well? Thanks so much :)

I had to look this up, apparently It is not recommended for those TTC or those who are pregnant. Bummer. 

Definitely good to know.. but great idea !!  

• imageLadyofshallott86:
    imageSCalender:

Awesome ! I did not know B12 was for engergy! I'll def try that ! And Im gonna go buy some ear plugs for sure. Is Melatonin okay while TTC as well? Thanks so much :)

I had to look this up, apparently It is not recommended for those TTC or those who are pregnant. Bummer. 

Definitely good to know.. but great idea !!  

• imagesarahharmintx:

Newbie here! Love this thread, wish I wasn't sleeping when it was started. I get up at 3AM so a early bed time is necessary ;)

Anyway I had this same question.  I think in my head I have more of a relationship with you ladies than what you have with me ;)  I don't post all that much...but I do read every post/thread and check this board multiple times a day.  I have started a few threads and posted on a few more though.  I am sure when I start temping I will have a lot more questions ;)

I kind of feel like I know everyone (as much as you can "know" someone on a forum) already and if I happen to get KU in my first month I would love to share.  That being said I would probably skip the post if it happened this cycle as I could see how it may be annoying for someone so new at trying to get KU so quickly.  I have only been here for a month or so and I have already been annoyed at how some ladies that only have a post or two in their count and come here to post their BFP.

Anyway I am kind of babbling now ;) just wanted to thank you ladies, this is a fantastic group.  I love the support along with the humor!

• Gosh I love this thread! I am a newbie and I don't always like posting my questions on the main board bc I feel like they'll annoy non-newbies. But here are some:  

I was on TB before and I swear you could see people's past posts by clicking on their screen name but it's not working for me anymore, any trick I missed?  

What can you tell about ovulation in hindsight, anything?  I just got AF today but FF didn't give me crosshairs last cycle, is there anything different I could tell now after the fact?

Is there a facebook group where people here hang out? 

I know I have some more but I can't think of them at the moment.  I may be back :) 

• imagedmbate88:

imagesarahharmintx:

Newbie here! Love this thread, wish I wasn't sleeping when it was started. I get up at 3AM so a early bed time is necessary ;)

Anyway I had this same question.  I think in my head I have more of a relationship with you ladies than what you have with me ;) I don't post all that much...but I do read every post/thread and check this board multiple times a day.  I have started a few threads and posted on a few more though.  I am sure when I start temping I will have a lot more questions ;)

I kind of feel like I know everyone (as much as you can "know" someone on a forum) already and if I happen to get KU in my first month I would love to share.  That being said I would probably skip the post if it happened this cycle as I could see how it may be annoying for someone so new at trying to get KU so quickly.  I have only been here for a month or so and I have already been annoyed at how some ladies that only have a post or two in their count and come here to post their BFP.

Anyway I am kind of babbling now ;) just wanted to thank you ladies, this is a fantastic group.  I love the support along with the humor!

I honestly think this is what happens to a lot of posters.  They actively read the board so they feel a part of the community.  Unfortunately, if they're not actively posting, it's hard for anyone to get to know them.  I think that's the main criteria for posting a BFP on the board.  If you've formed relationships with other members, then you should post your BFP when you get one. 

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• imagewhosthebos:

I was on TB before and I swear you could see people's past posts by clicking on their screen name but it's not working for me anymore, any trick I missed?    I can only speak for the last year I've been on TB, but this feature still works.  You can click on someone's avatar and it will show you the last 15 or so post they've made.  However, if someone has set their profile to private, this feature is hidden. 

What can you tell about ovulation in hindsight, anything?  I just got AF today but FF didn't give me crosshairs last cycle, is there anything different I could tell now after the fact?  It could be one of several things.  One, you may not have ovulated and simply had an anovulatory cycle.  Two, if your temps couldn't pinpoint O, other markers such as CM, CP, or OPKs could give you a window in which O may have occured.  If you've been charting for several months, you may also be able to help narrow down your fertility window based on all of the above.

Is there a facebook group where people here hang out?   No, nothing official.  We do have a chat room, though.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• If I could get a chart stalk I would appreciate it. I haven't gotten a temp increase to confirm ovulation but my opk's have been dark and I had ewcm earlier this week. Its driving me nuts. I set my alarm every morning to temp, so I'm not sure what's going on. My chart should be I'm my signature I think. Thanks!
    TTC since 11/1/12
    BFP 1/2/13
    Ultrasound showed no heartbeat 2/14/13

• imagergiertz:
    imagestufie:

imagergiertz:
    Talk to me about OPKs.  I drink a ton of water every day (usually 120 ounces or so) and so my urine is pretty dilute.  I haven't had a positive OPK yet in 2 cycles.  I am confused about when in my cycle to start and how many times a day (2 tends to be the consensus?).  Usually my cycle is 35 days or so (and if it's wonky it goes longer, never shorter).  I got so frustrated this cycle that I stopped temping so I know my chart is a useless mess.

What time of day were you using the OPKs? Also, did you drink a lot before taking the test or did you avoid drinking for a couple of hours before taking the test? These can factor in to what kind of results you're getting.  

I usually used OPKs with FMU (I know, I know) around 7:30 AM and then usually between 7-9 PM.  I try to avoid drinking water before the evening one but I go to the gym every day around 4 or 5 and usually chug water during my workout so that doesn't help.

Could you try with SMU? Also, what about testing before the gym like others have mentioned? I work a 9-5 job and what has worked for me is putting away the water glass (actually taking it off my desk) at 3:30 so I don't drink anything else before I leave. Then I test as soon as I get home at 5:30. That way I have gone a couple hours without drinking fluids. Could you try something like that?

• imagejschwind22:

imageSCalender:
    I just got put onto the night squad, so I'm working 6pm until 7am three nights a week and try to keep that night schedule throughout the other days. I rarely make it all shift and am always exhausted but my body isn't adjusting well and i cant sleep well during the day. Are there any healthy or natural alternatives to energy drinks anyone can suggest? Or anything really lol.

Ugh.  I would not cope well with this either.  I'm also no help.  Making your room as dark as possible?  lol, I haven no idea!  I hope that you start adjusting soon!

I second the making your room dark as possible. I'm a really light sleeper and I've found what works is using a fan set to low, for white noise, and then I also use one of those face mask thingies that covers your eyes. I look super lame, but it really helps. It allows me to sleep until I need to in the morning, even though normally the sun would wake me when it rises about an hour before I get up. Also, I have read that you should try to avoid any type of "screen time" for a half hour or so before you go to bed - so no TV, computer, etc. Maybe that's worth a shot too, if you don't already try to do that.

• imagesunlavender:
    imagedmbate88:

imagesarahharmintx:

Anyway I had this same question.  I think in my head I have more of a relationship with you ladies than what you have with me ;) I don't post all that much...but I do read every post/thread and check this board multiple times a day.  I have started a few threads and posted on a few more though.  I am sure when I start temping I will have a lot more questions ;)

I honestly think this is what happens to a lot of posters.  They actively read the board so they feel a part of the community.  Unfortunately, if they're not actively posting, it's hard for anyone to get to know them.  I think that's the main criteria for posting a BFP on the board.  If you've formed relationships with other members, then you should post your BFP when you get one. 

I think you're right. I check the boards multiple times a day. I get to "know" people by there sn and siggy but I don't always post.
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
  • imageRdawson824:
    If I could get a chart stalk I would appreciate it. I haven't gotten a temp increase to confirm ovulation but my opk's have been dark and I had ewcm earlier this week. Its driving me nuts. I set my alarm every morning to temp, so I'm not sure what's going on. My chart should be I'm my signature I think. Thanks!

A positive OPK means you are about to ovulate. Give it at least 3 more days for FF to figure out if you've ovulated or not.

• I'm a bit late to the party, but I was hoping someone might still answer this question. I felt silly creating an entire new post when this one was still (somewhat) active.

Could someone give me more information about red raspberry leaf tea? Has anyone here used it to boost fertility? I've done some digging on google, but most of what I read seemed really contradictory. Some places said it was good to drink it while TTC because it can help regulate your hormones and strengthen uterine muscles. (Not exactly sure I buy into that theory... but it's out there). Other things I have read though say not to drink it until the second trimester of pregnancy because it could thin the uterine lining and lead to miscarriage.

Has anyone had any experience with this tea? So far I have just been trying to up my water intake rather than worrying about specific drinks. 

married 7.11.09
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
    BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I don't have a question, but I just wanted to say that this thread is such a great idea!
    Married 5.15.2010
  • Is there a facebook group where people here hang out? No, nothing official. We do have a chat room, though.

There is a Facebook group for the TTGP prayer group, but the leader moved on and no one has posted in a few months.
    Pregnancy Ticker

TTC #1 since June 2012
    Me (28) - DOR (AFC <10, undetectable AMH, >10 FSH), homozygous E429A MTHFR
    DH (29) - MFI low count and morphology

September 2013 IUI#1 - Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN
    October 2013 IUI#2 - Letrozole + Menopur + Trigger + IUI = BFN

Nov 2013 IVF/ICSI #1 - Protocol: BCP prep, high doses Menopur and Bravelle (12 days), ganirelex
    Results: 5 retrieved / mature, 4 fertilized, 1 arrested and 3 complex abnormal after day 3 PGS = Cancelled after ER
    Jan/Feb 2014 IVF/ICSI #2 - Protocol: Estrogen priming, high doses Menopur and Bravelle (11 days), microdose lupron
    Results: Cancelled after 11 days of stims due to low response and E2 levels
    Feb 2014 IVF/ICSI #3 - Protocol: No prep, low dose Menopur (6 days), ganirelex, Bravelle booster with trigger
    Results: 1 retrieved / 0 mature = Cancelled after ER

Officially moving on to embryo adoption! We used and love Embryo Adoption Services of Cedar Park
    October 2014 FET #1 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, transferred 2 of 4 from match #1, BFN
    December 2014 FET #2 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, transferred 2 of 4 from match #1, BFN
    March 2015 FET #3 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, transferred 2 of 6 from match #2, BFN
    May 2015 FET #4 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, lost 2 to thaw, transferred 2 of 6 from match #2, BFN
    October 2015 FET #5 - Natural cycle, lost 1 from match #3 and 1 from clinic backup to thaw, transferred 1 backup, BFN
    February 2016 FET #6 - Natural cycle, transferred 1 from match #4, B FREAKING P!
    Beta 1 = 162, Beta 2 = 316, doubling just over 48 hours

• imagesarahharmintx:
    imagesunlavender:
    imagedmbate88:

imagesarahharmintx:

Anyway I had this same question. &nbsp;I think in my head I have more of a relationship with you ladies than what you have with me ;)&nbsp;I don't post all that much...but I do read every post/thread and check this board multiple times a day. &nbsp;I have started a few threads and posted on a few more though. &nbsp;I am sure when I start temping I will have a lot more questions ;)

&nbsp;I kind of feel like I know everyone (as much as you can "know" someone on a forum) already and if I happen to get KU in my first month I would love to share. &nbsp;That being said I would probably skip the post if it happened this cycle as I could see how it may be annoying for someone so new at trying to get KU so quickly. &nbsp;I have only been here for a month or so and I have already been annoyed at how some ladies that only have a post or two in their count and come here to post their BFP.

&nbsp;Anyway I am kind of babbling now ;) just wanted to thank you ladies, this is a fantastic group. &nbsp;I love the support along with the humor!

I honestly think this is what happens to a lot of posters.&nbsp; They actively read the board so they feel a part of the community.&nbsp; Unfortunately, if they're not actively posting, it's hard for anyone to get to know them.&nbsp; I think that's the main criteria for posting a BFP on the board.&nbsp; If you've formed relationships with other members, then you should post your BFP when you get one.&nbsp;

I think you're right. I check the boards multiple times a day. I get to "know" people by there sn and siggy but I don't always post.

I think the key is that it's not really about how many people you feel like you know. How many people know you?
    Pregnancy Ticker

TTC #1 since June 2012
    Me (28) - DOR (AFC <10, undetectable AMH, >10 FSH), homozygous E429A MTHFR
    DH (29) - MFI low count and morphology

September 2013 IUI#1 - Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN
    October 2013 IUI#2 - Letrozole + Menopur + Trigger + IUI = BFN

Nov 2013 IVF/ICSI #1 - Protocol: BCP prep, high doses Menopur and Bravelle (12 days), ganirelex
    Results: 5 retrieved / mature, 4 fertilized, 1 arrested and 3 complex abnormal after day 3 PGS = Cancelled after ER
    Jan/Feb 2014 IVF/ICSI #2 - Protocol: Estrogen priming, high doses Menopur and Bravelle (11 days), microdose lupron
    Results: Cancelled after 11 days of stims due to low response and E2 levels
    Feb 2014 IVF/ICSI #3 - Protocol: No prep, low dose Menopur (6 days), ganirelex, Bravelle booster with trigger
    Results: 1 retrieved / 0 mature = Cancelled after ER

Officially moving on to embryo adoption! We used and love Embryo Adoption Services of Cedar Park
    October 2014 FET #1 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, transferred 2 of 4 from match #1, BFN
    December 2014 FET #2 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, transferred 2 of 4 from match #1, BFN
    March 2015 FET #3 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, transferred 2 of 6 from match #2, BFN
    May 2015 FET #4 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, lost 2 to thaw, transferred 2 of 6 from match #2, BFN
    October 2015 FET #5 - Natural cycle, lost 1 from match #3 and 1 from clinic backup to thaw, transferred 1 backup, BFN
    February 2016 FET #6 - Natural cycle, transferred 1 from match #4, B FREAKING P!
    Beta 1 = 162, Beta 2 = 316, doubling just over 48 hours

• imagestufie:
    imagejschwind22:

imageSCalender:
    I just got put onto the night squad, so I'm working 6pm until 7am three nights a week and try to keep that night schedule throughout the other days. I rarely make it all shift and am always exhausted but my body isn't adjusting well and i cant sleep well during the day. Are there any healthy or natural alternatives to energy drinks anyone can suggest? Or anything really lol.

Ugh.  I would not cope well with this either.  I'm also no help.  Making your room as dark as possible?  lol, I haven no idea!  I hope that you start adjusting soon!

I second the making your room dark as possible. I'm a really light sleeper and I've found what works is using a fan set to low, for white noise, and then I also use one of those face mask thingies that covers your eyes. I look super lame, but it really helps. It allows me to sleep until I need to in the morning, even though normally the sun would wake me when it rises about an hour before I get up. Also, I have read that you should try to avoid any type of "screen time" for a half hour or so before you go to bed - so no TV, computer, etc. Maybe that's worth a shot too, if you don't already try to do that.

Speaking of white noise, I have an app on my phone called sleep machine where you can make all kinds of sounds, mix sounds, etc.  I love it because I'm a really light sleeper and it helps cover up those random sounds that happen during the night that wakes me up. 

My Blog

It's a BOY!

• imagelandosmommy:
    I've been fisting to make childbirth easier. But now I think it's too big. What can I do to fix that??

BAHAHA Kegels Lano.  Kegels.   

My Blog

It's a BOY!

• imageRdawson824:
    If I could get a chart stalk I would appreciate it. I haven't gotten a temp increase to confirm ovulation but my opk's have been dark and I had ewcm earlier this week. Its driving me nuts. I set my alarm every morning to temp, so I'm not sure what's going on. My chart should be I'm my signature I think. Thanks!

Your chart is looking good.  With that + OPK, hopefully you will see a rise tomorrow or so.  Keep it up!   Good luck!

My Blog

It's a BOY!

• imagejschwind22:

imageRdawson824:

Your chart is looking good. &nbsp;With that + OPK, hopefully you will see a rise tomorrow or so. &nbsp;Keep it up! &nbsp; Good luck!

Thanks! Its so frustrating to see low temperatures in the morning. Yay for long cycles... Not lol
    TTC since 11/1/12
    BFP 1/2/13

• imagelandosmommy:

imageRdawson824:

A positive OPK means you are about to ovulate. Give it at least 3 more days for FF to figure out if you've ovulated or not.

3 more days definitely gives me some hope that I did actually ovulate. Thank you.
    TTC since 11/1/12
    BFP 1/2/13

• thanks for the answers ladies....anytime I click on someone's avatar and the posts number is just says shhhh...this bumpie is keeping her family planning a secret.  I am not trying to be a creeper, but sometimes I think is this the poster who was going through xyz...and can't remember but can't figure out how to look back..
  • imageE&B0811:
    We are going to Vegas for a long weekend next week. I'll be just at the beginning of my TWW. Drink or not? I get "drink till its pink" but how much is ok?

We are going to Vegas on May long too!!!  

TTC Since July 2012
    BFP #1 11/07/12   M/C 12/11/12
    BFP #2 2/23/13    M/C 03/6/13
                       BFP #3 9/2/13  EDD 05/17/14                     
    Amy Elaine Born May 2!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"