May 2013 Moms

Labor Cookies

Since the OP has mysteriously disappeared, ahem DD!, I thought I'd post again so we can thoroughly discuss magical labor cookies and their appropriate uses and recipe variations. Sorry it's not clicky, on mobile.

https://shoppingfortwo.com/Articles/Pregnancy/breakyourwatercookies.htm

**BFP 6/2/2015
Toddler Boy 5/24/2013

Re: Labor Cookies

• Can someone find one that is combined with a laxative?  
  • imageBeachy730:
    Can someone find one that is combined with a laxative?  

Ooooh!  Good idea!  Super helpful for PP poops. 

• Loading the player...
  • imagenola78:
    I'm so sad I missed the DD. nbsp;Were the benefits of labor cookies thoroughly discussed? nbsp;Was it determined if you eat them or put them straight in your vag because I wasn't sure based on the recipe?

I believe it was Blue that brought up a special 'icing' recipe but I still need the details. Can the semen be refrigerated or does it have to be fresh?

**BFP 6/2/2015
    Toddler Boy 5/24/2013
  • imagenola78:
    I'm so sad I missed the DD.  Were the benefits of labor cookies thoroughly discussed?  Was it determined if you eat them or put them straight in your vag because I wasn't sure based on the recipe?

You make them two sizes - small and large.  Insert where appropriate. 

• imagebotanicalbliss:

imageBeachy730:

So really, they need to make labor cookies and post labor cookies! Maybe leave out the cayenne pepper in the postlabor cookies though if they're gonna be poop inducing.

Sorry for lack of symbols.....mobile bumping.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageHimandMeplus3:
    imagebotanicalbliss:

imageBeachy730:

So really, they need to make labor cookies and post labor cookies! Maybe leave out the cayenne pepper in the postlabor cookies though if they're gonna be poop inducing. Sorry for lack of symbols.....mobile bumping.

You could totally combine the laxative with your lactation cookies.  Two bird with one stone post partum! 

• imageScottsdaleMama:
    imagenola78:
    I'm so sad I missed the DD. nbsp;Were the benefits of labor cookies thoroughly discussed? nbsp;Was it determined if you eat them or put them straight in your vag because I wasn't sure based on the recipe?
    I believe it was Blue that brought up a special 'icing' recipe but I still need the details. Can the semen be refrigerated or does it have to be fresh?

You need FRESH semen icing for the cookies to be effective.  Adding sprinkles has been shown to have a positive effect when injected up the vag.  Blue sprinkles = you will sleep through labor.  Green sprinkles = you will be able to sue your OB and be set for life.  Rainbow sprinkles = you will birth a unicorn.

photo f2800575-8c12-4491-8194-153c04d585b8_zps49b02af4.jpg
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagebowman958:

imageScottsdaleMama:
    imagenola78:

You need FRESH semen icing for the cookies to be effective.  Adding sprinkles has been shown to have a positive effect when injected up the vag.  Blue sprinkles = you will sleep through labor.  Green sprinkles = you will be able to sue your OB and be set for life.  Rainbow sprinkles = you will birth a unicorn.

Thanks, I was totes confused and I heard the icing is the most important part!

**BFP 6/2/2015
    Toddler Boy 5/24/2013
  • I deleted it bc people are rude. everyone has something obnoxious to say about it. I found them and quite a few people used them and had luck online but apparently around here, everyone had to be obnoxious about it.
  • Given the number of gingerbread cookies I have eaten in my life, I'm shocked I wasn't birthing babies like the Virgin Mary!

My little bug, Madeline. Born June 2, 2013.

• imagejwindt04:
    I deleted it bc people are rude. everyone has something obnoxious to say about it. I found them and quite a few people used them and had luck online but apparently around here, everyone had to be obnoxious about it.

http://oi58.tinypic.com/nqv6fk.jpg

DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • imagejwindt04:
    I deleted it bc people are rude. everyone has something obnoxious to say about it. I found them and quite a few people used them and had luck online but apparently around here, everyone had to be obnoxious about it.

I've heard of them and heard they work best when washed down with castor oil.  Good luck! 

• imagenola78:

imagejwindt04:

I really don't understand how we're being obnoxious.  I'm pretty sure this is a serious discussion. 

I'm literally heading to Whole Foods right now to get all the ingredients, except the icing which DH will have to help me with. I recommend making all organic cookies because it will lead to less medical interventions during birth.

**BFP 6/2/2015
    Toddler Boy 5/24/2013
  • Do they have to be cookies, or can I make a cake?
  • imageScottsdaleMama:
    imagenola78:

imagejwindt04:

I really don't understand how we're being obnoxious.  I'm pretty sure this is a serious discussion. 

I'm literally heading to Whole Foods right now to get all the ingredients, except the icing which DH will have to help me with. I recommend making all organic cookies because it will lead to less medical interventions during birth.

Make sure you get gluten free, too!  Otherwise your pelvis will be too inflamed to spread and you'll be stuck with a c-section.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagebotanicalbliss:
    Do they have to be cookies, or can I make a cake?

Cake is preferable for adding castor oil.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • burkemsburkems member

imagebotanicalbliss:

You have to add extra semen to the batter to get the right consistency for a cake.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimage
  • imagebotanicalbliss:

you can make a cake, but you have to have a penis pan to bake it in. it wont work unless its dong shaped. 

• imageChicagoSummer:

imagebotanicalbliss:

you can make a cake, but you have to have a penis pan to bake it in. it wont work unless its dong shaped. 

:-O  My DH would get so offended!  He's a little sensitive, you know, about his doodle... 

• imagebotanicalbliss:
    imageChicagoSummer:

imagebotanicalbliss:

:-O  My DH would get so offended!  He's a little sensitive, you know, about his doodle... 

tell him he doesnt need to be sensitive, unless his doodle is limp as a noodle and his pubes are trimmed like a poodle... 

• imagebotanicalbliss:
    imageChicagoSummer:

imagebotanicalbliss:

Hahahahaha doodle

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageMommyLizzy:

imagebotanicalbliss:

Well, if a cake will fit up there... I don't think you'll need labor cookies LO will just fall out. 

Good point!  My doctor told me not to squat down because I'm 2 cm dilated and 30% effaced and baby could come any minute!  

• imageChicagoSummer:
    imagebotanicalbliss:
    imageChicagoSummer:

imagebotanicalbliss:

tell him he doesnt need to be sensitive, unless his doodle is limp as a noodle and his pubes are trimmed like a poodle... 

lol 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ...I'm planning on making labor cookies, for realsies... but I hate it when I miss an inside joke due to a DD!

• imagelaurenann82:
    ...I'm planning on making labor cookies, for realsies... but I hate it when I miss an inside joke due to a DD!

This recipe is a myth and it is coincidence that some of those people who tried it kickstarted labor. However, it is interesting seeing the same 5 people responding to these goofy posts.
  • Wait, there are cookies that put you into labour?!! What did I miss?!
  • People with no sense of humor are so fun.

Oh wait....

• imageSparksEm:
    imagelaurenann82:
    ...I'm planning on making labor cookies, for realsies... but I hate it when I miss an inside joke due to a DD!
    This recipe is a myth and it is coincidence that some of those people who tried it kickstarted labor. However, it is interesting seeing the same 5 people responding to these goofy posts.

Oh. I was thinking like energy bar cookie things to eat while you are in labor to keep up your energy and whathaveyou. Yeah, cookies ain't gunna put you into labor! Mama didn't raise no fool! Carry on then.

• imagelaurenann82:

imageSparksEm:
    imagelaurenann82:

Oh. I was thinking like energy bar cookie things to eat while you are in labor to keep up your energy and whathaveyou. Yeah, cookies ain't gunna put you into labor! Mama didn't raise no fool! Carry on then.

Haha, yes, I totally plan on eating cookies during labor!  That is a must! 

• imagelaurenann82:

imageSparksEm:
    imagelaurenann82:

Good plan! Dang, I was told by my OB that I was not allowed to eat during labor but screw it. I will eat them before I see her which may make me poop on the table but screw it.
  • imagelaurenann82:

imageSparksEm:
    imagelaurenann82:

Good plan! Dang, I was told by my OB that I was not allowed to eat during labor but screw it. I will eat them before I see her which may make me poop on the table but screw it.
  • What happens if DH eats my labor cookies?
    BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • imagebananers:
    What happens if DH eats my labor cookies?

Just make new ones out of your placenta. 

• imagebananers:

• imagebananers:

He will birth a baby!
  • imageBlueyed228:

imagebananers:

LOL, I totally just tried to find a recipe for placenta cookies to post in response, but then I got paranoid that work might be monitoring my search history and think I'm crazy. Ick!

BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • Dirty lurker here...

Once I eat a labor cookie, will I have time to use the restroom before labor starts? Pooping on the table would be embarrassing.

Also, if I am birthing a unicorn will I need a C/S? I want to be prepared.  

• imageTabbiC:

Dirty lurker here...

Once I eat a labor cookie, will I have time to use the restroom before labor starts? Pooping on the table would be embarrassing.

Just eat a stick of butter a day from now till then and you will be totally fine. 

• imageBlueyed228:
    imageTabbiC:

Dirty lurker here...

Just eat a stick of butter a day from now till then and you will be totally fine. 

I totes didn't even think of that. Good thing DH enjoys baking with me.

• imageBlueyed228:
    imageTabbiC:

Dirty lurker here...

Ahhhh, the relief!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"