August 2013 Moms

okay, I admit it

I liked the glucose drink that I drank for my gestational diabetes 1hour test this afternoon. I know. I'm weird.
"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes it's the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'"

image image

Re: okay, I admit it

• Loading the player...
  • imageTurtleMomma:

Hahahahahaha oh my god that's hilarious.
  • imageChelseamolee:
    imageTurtleMomma:

A well-placed ani-gif can make or break a thread. I anticipate this thread will be a success Yes

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Gah-ross! LOL!

I felt bad because I was kind of choking on mine this morning. I had a tiny little teenage girl sitting next to me and I apologized and said, "It tastes like the syrup of 15 sprites." I had lemon lime obviously. 

• I'm glad someone else doesn't think it's that awful.

I am so over the "oh my gawwwwd it is so disgusting posts."

I always want to yell, "You are having a baby, it's a pretty short and easy test in the grand scheme of things, just put on your big girl panties and suck it down!"

I never thought it was that bad. I don't drink that much sugary drinks normally and am not that into sweets, but I don't think it's that bad!

DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• imageTurtleMomma:

imageChelseamolee:
    imageTurtleMomma:

A well-placed ani-gif can make or break a thread. I anticipate this thread will be a success Yes

Awesome!
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• I don't have my test for another 4 weeks, but I'm so happy to hear some people don't think it's that bad! Y'all have been building this disgusting globby sugary flubber drink up in my head, and I've been dreading it! Ha!

• I went into mine thinking "OK, I'm going to be one of those that likes it!", you know...power of positive thinking.  Not quite, all I can think of is it tasted like cough syrup with a cup of sugar dumped into it (fruit punch).  About half way in, almost gagged.

• I don't think they are that bad unless it is the 3 hour and that drink is so sweet it makes me cringe.
    imageimageimageimage

• I did mine yesterday and they aren't bad to me either. The one I did at he beginning of my pg was the orange and yesterday was the red flavor
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Jackson was born 8/11/2013 3:53 am 6 lbs 12 oz
  • I had the orange today, too.  I didn't dislike it- it certainly wasn't as bad as others have made it sound. 
  • I liked it, too! Glad I'm not the only weird one.
  • Lol seriously I almost threw up when I had to drink it!
  • imageKatieS7:
    I don't mind the orange drink at all. I think it tastes like an orange crush pop with a bit of extra sugar syrup.

This. I drank the orange one with both pregnancies and didn't mind it either time.

image imageimage

Always in my heart: BFP 9/6/12 - M/C 9/25/12
  • I had the fruit punch. It was like Gatorade, but much sweeter, but I seriously liked it. Hmm. We'll see what happens when I get my results.

And, btw, when I started this thread, I never imagined how crazy it would get. Kudos, ladies. :
    "Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes it's the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'"

image image

• imageleah0712:
    I had the fruit punch. It was like Gatorade, but much sweeter, but I seriously liked it. Hmm. We'll see what happens when I get my results.

And, btw, when I started this thread, I never imagined how crazy it would get. Kudos, ladies. :

Oh, and that was supposed to be a smiley face. Guess the bump board doesn't like that.

image image

• I honestly liked it too
  • I was just given my fruit punch flavored drink for my appointment in 4 weeks. I heard it tastes better cold so it is chilling in the fridge. :)
  • I had the orange one and thought it was delicious!
  • Last time I was prepared to be gagging and hating it... and was surprised when I didn't hate it! I mean, I wouldn't voluteer to drink it again, but it wasn't terrible. Buuuuut I failed the one hour. And THEN I drank the 3 hour one... bleh, that one made me feel sick, and I felt yucky all day.
    image    image   image   image
    DS #1 arrived 10/09/2011
    DS #2 arrived 08/27/2013
    Loving every minute with two sweet boys!

• I think it taste like orange pop, I don't have any issues with drinking it.

They give us a few minutes on drinking it and I just drink it like it was pop lol

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Best thing ever- not only did I like the fruit punch drink, but I passed the glucose tolerance test! No gestational diabetes for me!

image image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"