Parenting

Mothers Day 2013 plans

What are all you ladies doing this year? I'm going to be boring and take DD out for brunch with my family like I did last year and then if its a nice day, take her to the park afterwards.

Re: Mothers Day 2013 plans

• Were really not making big plans bc dd and i leave for hawaii early the next morning. Mil keeps trying to get us to visit her ab 5 hrs away, but she would want us to stay the wkend and with all the packing etc. we dont have time. So im crossing my fingers we can just have a nice quiet pj Sunday for mothers day.
  • We don't have any definitive plans as of right now, but we are planning to visit my MIL and stop by my mom's this weekend so we are off the hook for Mothers Day. They both live OOT. Considering its my first Mother's Day being a mother, I'm excited to have a nice family day hanging with DH and DS. I'm hoping DH will let me sleep in that morning and then maybe we'll go out to lunch or something.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Probably dropping DH at the airport for work and then taking DS to visit my family.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The kids and I are going to the zoo during the day. DH has to work so we have plans to go out for a cruise brunch during the following week.

ETA: Both of our moms have plans that day so we'll send them flowers for that day and have other gifts to give them the next couple weekends when they seperately are visiting.
  • My sisters and I host a child-free brunch or high tea (depending on the time) for my mom and grandma.

The rest of the day will probably be like any other day. Maybe a hike or something if the weather is decent. My kid is a demon in restaurants and it's really stressful for me to eat out with him, so we're going to skip eating out and just grill something for dinner.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jlw2505jlw2505 member

DD#1 has Sunday School from 9-11:30 and there is a family service at 11am so that is my morning.  If the weather is decent, we are going out to a local winery after Sunday School.  They are having a family fun day with horse drawn carriage rides and other stuff for the kids and I can then stock up on my favorite local wine.  It is about 45 mins away into the country so a really nice, relaxing afternoon.  Again if its nice, we will hit our favorite drive in (50's style) dinner place.  They have a this great play area for the kids and its all outside with picnic tables.  So nice to let the kids play while we take our time eating and the shakes are amazing.  The girls have their track meet at 6pm that night.

No seeing the ILS so honestly, anything I do as long as its with my kids and DH will be great.  My SIL is expecting her 1st baby on the 8th (so anytime from now to 2 weeks from now) so no plans are being made for when we see the ILs although we may end up suggesting the Sat night before for dinner and then its a fast visit - all depends on when the baby arrives though.  We will see my parents over Memorial Day weekend as they live out of state from us.

Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"