Trying to Get Pregnant

What do you consider to be the last day of your period?

For charting purposes and keeping track of my cycle, when do you consider the day your period ends? My AF is usually 3-5 days (off the pill). I count the last day as the last day I need to wear a tampon. However, sometimes there will be a bit of "after flow" lingering for a few days - when do you chart your period as ending?

Re: What do you consider to be the last day of your period?

• I chart the last day of my period as the last day I needed a tampon. '

I often spot for a few days after AF, but I record it as spotting in FF.

BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • mmb248mmb248 member
    imageNariaDreaming:
    imagemodernfairytale8709:

I chart the last day of my period as the last day I needed a tampon. '

This 

Me three.

imageimage
    Me: 33     DH: 38
    TTC since August 2011
    DX:  PCOS and subseptate uterus
    August 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI TI = BFN
    September 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    October 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI canceled
    November 2013:  NTNP
    April 2013:  Femara + Trigger + IUI = ???
  • Loading the player...
  • Why do you need to chart the last day of your period? Just curious. but if I had to say, I'd say the last day you need a pad or tampon is the last day. I have a couple days of spotting after and call that just spotting.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageGhostMonkey:

When it stops.

It doesn't matter anyway. The day it starts is the day that matters.

This.  And by "stop" I mean not needing a tampon/pad.  FWIW, I usually have a few days of spotting after and mark it as such in FF. 

*********************SIGGY WARNING*************************
                                        May 14 Siggy                                             
    TTC #1 since June 2012.  DX: Unexplained Infertility.  Me: Hypothyroid
    3 Failed Femara + TI cycles and 4 Failed Injects + B2B IUI cycles
    Cycle 23: IVF#1 CoQ10 + Lupron + Puregon = BFP!!
    Beta #1: 199   Beta #2: 800+   It's TWINS!  EDD: Feb 19, 2015
    Team Purple!!!!
    L & E arrived early on January 5, 2015!!
    ~~~All are welcome!~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageRayRay007:

Why do you need to chart the last day of your period? Just curious. but if I had to say, I'd say the last day you need a pad or tampon is the last day. I have a couple days of spotting after and call that just spotting.

I'm newly off the pill so I'm trying to keep track so I can see what my regular cycle is. It used to be 28 days before I went on the pill but who knows what it is now. Everyone keeps talking about FF, perhaps I should join :) And thanks for the responses!

• imagemmb248:
    imageNariaDreaming:
    imagemodernfairytale8709:

I chart the last day of my period as the last day I needed a tampon. '

This 

Me three.

Me four. I record any spotting after that in FF. It doesn't count spotting days as part of your period. 

Me: IR-PCOS, elevated DHEAs, low progesterone, weak ovulation  DH: low volume, low T
    SHG 5/10/13: both tubes blocked; HSG 6/28 = Left tube cleared! Right blocked.
    BFP#1 7/20/13 EDD 3/30/14, m/c 8/19/13, D&E 8/21/13, Chromosomal results = normal, female
    Lap & hysteroscopy scheduled for 10/31, right tube cleared, no endo found! ...Happy Halloween!
    Cycle 14: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP! EDD 9/16/14~ Rowan Elizabeth born sleeping at 17w4d on 4/12/14 due to IC.
    ~There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world~
    New RE June 2014. RPL b/w - negative. SIS looking for uterine/cervical abnormalities & Asherman's 6/10/14 - ALL CLEAR!  
    Cycle 16: Natural IUI = CP, Cycle 17: Femara (2.5) + IUI = BFN, Cycle 18 Femara (5) + IUI = BFFN, Cycle 19: Break
    Cycle 20: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP EDD 6/20, transvaginal cerclage 12/19, Carson Quinn born sleeping at 16w3d on 1/6/15 due to IC
    Phone consult with Dr. Haney (Univ of Chicago) for transabdominal cercalge scheduled for 2/9/15.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
    image image imageimage 
  • argonneargonne member
    imageTravelingCouple:
    imageRayRay007:

Why do you need to chart the last day of your period? Just curious. but if I had to say, I'd say the last day you need a pad or tampon is the last day. I have a couple days of spotting after and call that just spotting.

I'm newly off the pill so I'm trying to keep track so I can see what my regular cycle is. It used to be 28 days before I went on the pill but who knows what it is now. Everyone keeps talking about FF, perhaps I should join :) And thanks for the responses!

The length of your period has nothing to do with how long your cycle is.  Your cycle starts the day your period arrives and ends when your next period arrives.

• imageargonne:
    imageTravelingCouple:
    imageRayRay007:

The length of your period has nothing to do with how long your cycle is.  Your cycle starts the day your period arrives and ends when your next period arrives.

This.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• imageargonne:
    imageTravelingCouple:
    imageRayRay007:

Right, I suppose my Type A is showing as I like to have every detail etched out on my cycle tracker. Just wanted to gather how some other ladies count the last day. You all seem to match what I have been doing, not counting spotting days as part of AF.

• imageGhostMonkey:

When it stops.

It doesn't matter anyway. The day it starts is the day that matters.

What GM said.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"