Baby Showers

I wish I could...

...gently suggest that if people are going to buy clothes that they buy something other than 0-3 months.  I'll never do it because it's way tacky, but seriously I'll have to change the kid 3 times a day for the first three months if I have any hope of him wearing everything that we've gotten in that size.  And the big family shower isn't for another three weeks. 

Re: I wish I could...

• You could always try exchanging it yourself for a larger size?
  • Don't suggest this unless people come to you and specifically ask what you need.  If you wind up with too many clothes in a certain size, go exchange the ones with tags and receipts for larger sizes.
    BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I just exchanged a lot of the 0-3m for bigger sizes, and I'd try to get the same item if at all possible. It's really not a problem.
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • imagelindslalala:
    I just exchanged a lot of the 0-3m for bigger sizes, and I'd try to get the same item if at all possible. It's really not a problem.

How do you know where things came from?  Or do a lot of stores carry the same basic things?

• A lot of brands come from particular stores. Jumping Beans=Kohls, Circo=Target, etc. I downloaded a bar scanner app on my phone that helped too.
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • I think a lot of people realize this, and buy a variety of sizes.  At least they did at my shower, and with any other gifts we received.  After sorting all of her clothing, I realized I didn't have a single thing that was 0-3 months...yet her closet and drawers were full! Which is totally fine of course.  I just found it funny looking at how much clothing she had...and yet I had to go shopping so she could have something to wear when she arrives. 
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic          

image  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You may very well change him that much. Ds spit up nonstop and was changed every 30 minutes some days.
  • You may be surprised to find people buy clothes in larger sizes. I only got two NB outfits and the few other clothes I got were 12 months and 18 months. Many women think about that when buying baby clothes.
  • imageSugaree5335:

imagelindslalala:
    I just exchanged a lot of the 0-3m for bigger sizes, and I'd try to get the same item if at all possible. It's really not a problem.

How do you know where things came from?  Or do a lot of stores carry the same basic things?

Also a lot of people will give you a gift receipt with their gift  now a days

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"