Maryland Babies

Must haves?

Hi Everyone!  I spent a whole weekend working on a registry.  Reading, researching, store visits, and a lot of online browsing.  I'm pretty satisfied with my list, but am interested in hearing about things real moms couldn't live without, little things that made a big impact, fun things, or cute things that are not your average items. Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Must haves?

• Gerber cloth diapers for burp rags, Rock N Play Sleeper, Aden & Anais swaddlers, pacifier clips (or a wubbanub), a good carrier like an Ergo, ring sling, mai tei, etc and a Boppy is a great BFing pillow but also a good baby positioner. Also, the Medela steam sterilizer bags are amazing. I'd also suggest registering for single bottles of a few different brands, that way you don't waste a whole starter kit when your kid inevitably doesn't like that kind of bottle. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • Several crib sheets and changing pad covers, waterproof mattress pad, Boppy, swaddle me wraps, aiden anais blankets, rectal thermometer, bouncy seat and/or swing, baskets for storage, diaper pail, gerber profolds or flannel burb cloths, diaper bag, Ergo.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Gerber prefolds for burp cloths, SwaddleMe velcro swaddlers, the seahorse, a rocker or glider in the nursery, the Boppy, some decent bibs (I liked BRU brand terry bibs), a bouncy seat and/or swing (we got basic ones, nothing fancy), Diaper Genie.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Sleep sacks where huge life savers in my house, after my girls decided they didn't want to be swaddled anymore. Bouncy seats, swings, boppy pillow.

• Obviously it's going to be different for each mom/baby.  I see others have listed the gerber pre-folds for burp cloths, neither of my kids were spitters so I have two that I only got a little bit of use out of.  My Moby wrap was one thing I LOVED with both kids, just scrunching a little baby up and against your skin will put them instantly to sleep if they are over tired, stimulated, or just plain fussy, and it can help you get some stuff done around the house, or even just make a sandwich and eat it.  The Rock-N-Play; I didn't have one with DS, but DD slept in that right next to our bed for the first 2 months and slept so well. We still used it in the morning while getting ready, she will sit in there and watch us while playing with a book or a toy.  A breast feeding pillow (Boppy, My Breast Friend, etc) obviously for BFing, but also it's a great support for just sitting in a chair rocking a baby or bottle feeding.  The Halo Sleep Sack Swaddle, in the middle of the night I could never get the swaddling blankets just right, but the velcro on the sleep sack will allow you to unzip and change a diaper w/o having to unswaddle and further wake up baby, I love those things. My DS was a paci lover, DD will not take one at all (I tried 8 different kinds, she hates them all). If you plan to BF set up a station near where you will do it most of the time, a new baby can spend a loooong time nursing.  Find a comfy chair/recliner have a foot rest, some nipple cream, a water bottle, a charger for your phone/ipad/kindle, etc, some hair ties, basically anything you can think of that would make you comfortable and relaxed because you might be sitting there with a baby attached to your boob for an hour plus.  A white noise machine (or download it on your iphone or ipad), helped both my kids sleep longer stretches.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sleep sacks!! Including the velcro swaddler kind for the first couple of months. Lifesaver.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Baby swing, sleep sack, and definitely a sound machine!
  • Baby swing, sleep sack, and definitely a sound machine!
  • xcjumpxcjump member
    I think every mom/baby is different.  Maddie hated being swaddled from Day 1 so I never used the Swaddlebees.  I prefer the Halo Sleep sacks.    Maddie loves the swing.   I love the Moby.   Definitely agree with the suggestion of only requesting 1 bottle from bunch of different brands.   Maddie only likes the BornFree bottles but I also have Avent, Similiac, Tompee Tipee and Breastflow.   One friend's baby would only take the breastflow and another the playtex drop ins.  If you plan on breastfeeding, getting a good pump and having some lanolin on hand.   I didn't need much of it, but it was nice to have when I needed.   Also a big can of Saline drops and a Nosefrida.    

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"