Multiples

Preeclampsia

Hi ladies, 

How many of you have been diagnosed with PEE?  I am sorry if this is personal. I am very disappointed at my last dr appointment. The girls looked great which is beyond good news, but I feel like I let my body down; I mean I am  a personal trainer and was eating well, only allowing myself 2 treats a days and watched my salt. My BP was great until the last two appointments....I guess I just need to know if anyone else would feel comfortable commenting on their experience with PEE?

Thanks 

Re: Preeclampsia

• Is high BP your only symptom? I had borderline high BP and protein in my urine at my 24wk OB visit. No other symptoms: no swelling, nausea, vomiting or headaches.

My BP seems to have gone back to normal in the past two weeks and I just finished a 24hr urine catch, so barring something catastrophic, it looks like it was just a pree scare.

How far along are you? I'm on mobile, so I can't tell. Hopefully, your drs will be able to manage it, but I totally get the body failing you mentality.

• I was diagnosed with severe Preeclampsia and HELLP and delivered within hours of my diagnosis at 30 weeks and 2 days.  The only indication I had that something was wrong was a whooshing sound in my left ear so I went to my regular doctor. She called my OB because my BP was high and I went to Labor and Delivery.  I was very surprised when I was admitted and even more surprised when I had an emergency C-section that night.  They didn't even give the steriods a chance to work their magic on the babies lungs.

My babies were both born healthy and crying and have been in the NICU for 20 days now.  They are doing really well and we hope to have them home is a couple more weeks.

It was scary and disappointing knowing that my body just turned on me, and there was nothing I really could have done to prevent it.  I feel like I missed my 3rd trimester completely and kind of miss being pregnant!

But most importantly my girls are healthy and growing.  I am so glad that I listened to my body and went to the doctor when something was up.  And I am so greatful that the doctors took the babies when they did to protect me and my girls.

Good luck, there is nothing you did to cause this.  And I'm sure they told you it is more common with multiples.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • i started to develop it at 32 weeks. i don't know that there's anything you can do to prevent it, but i'm not sure.

i was put in the hospital on bedrest (and for monitoring) and delivered 9 days later.

How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • imageFarrelly1020:

Hi ladies, 

How many of you have been diagnosed with PEE?  I am sorry if this is personal. I am very disappointed at my last dr appointment. The girls looked great which is beyond good news, but I feel like I let my body down; I mean I am  a personal trainer and was eating well, only allowing myself 2 treats a days and watched my salt. My BP was great until the last two appointments....I guess I just need to know if anyone else would feel comfortable commenting on their experience with PEE?

Thanks 

Sorry.  Just because you eat well and are active means zippy to the pathogenesis of Pre-Eclampsia.  Most of us weren't eating bon bons and cokes and had it happen.

Pre-E is caused by a hormone in the placenta and with twins thus more placenta the risk increases.  The blood vessels spasm causing capillary leakage and whole cascade of things can happen after that.  Nothing to date has been found to prevent the vessl spasm.

Mine started at 32-33 weeks and I was delivered at 36 weeks when things really went down hill quickly.  I was arleady on bedrest for the 10 weeks prior and remained on bedrest until delivery.

Bedrest is usually the conservative measure until delivery is warranted.  You didn't do anything wrong to make it happen and neither does anyone else.   

Three losses in 2009; Boy/Girl twins born in 2010 image
  •  I didn't' mean to come of condescending or rude, I was just stating a fact that I was disappointed in the way my body was acting. 
  •  I felt the same disappointment with my body.  It had done such a great job carrying these babies and then just stopped!

You didn't do this. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I understand your disappointment I. Your body. I was a healthy 125 runner, vegetarian, watermelon was my favorite dessert...etc. I had pre e and GD WHICH I FOUND "unfair". I think this is hilarious. Your hormones don't care about being a personal trainer. I came to understand that pre e is serious, and you didn't cause it. I had a whirring sound in my ear for weeks, lots of leg swelling, and high bp and protien in urine. I was properly diagnosed Thursday at 1:00pm and delivered on Friday at 8:00am. I'm glad your drs know about everything! Good luck!
    4/13/12--1st u/s. IDENTICAL TRIPLETS (?!?) PAIF and SAIF welcome Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageRobinR91:
    I understand your disappointment I. Your body. I was a healthy 125 runner, vegetarian, watermelon was my favorite dessert...etc. I had pre e and GD WHICH I FOUND "unfair". I think this is hilarious. Your hormones don't care about being a personal trainer. I came to understand that pre e is serious, and you didn't cause it. I had a whirring sound in my ear for weeks, lots of leg swelling, and high bp and protien in urine. I was properly diagnosed Thursday at 1:00pm and delivered on Friday at 8:00am. I'm glad your drs know about everything! Good luck!

Same here! GD, whirring sound, and quick diagnosis and C-section!

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"