October 2013 Moms

**Petdoc** (NBR)

I forgot we have a board vet here!  

I have a question for you!  We apparently went too long between claw trimmings for our kitties and now one of them (our 16 year old, 25 lb mush ball) has a really bad ingrown claw - like it curled right back into the pad of his paw and is now just a loop of claw.

He is walking fine - well, as fine as an old fat cat can walk, but normal for him, and we only noticed when we were trimming his claws the other day.  We have an appt to take him to the vet on Thursday, but I guess I was wondering if this is normal?  I feel so bad because it is clearly our fault - we'd been meaning to trim their claws for a while, but my mom does it and it is such a process with our other cat (crazy, on prozac, we were literally finalists to be on teh show My Cat From Hell because she's so out of control) and it takes 3 adults to hold her down, that it just took us too long to coordinate with my mom and get it done. And now my little mushball has a problem!

Is it a big procedure to fix it? Will he need to stay at the vet? It doesn't seem to be bothering him at all - we were touching it when we clipped his other nails and he didn't say a peep.  

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

Re: **Petdoc** (NBR)

• This happened to one of my kitties once. It was her thumb nail and I felt horrible so I know how you feel. I was a vet tech for years and I somehow let this slide ugh I think I just missed that nail a couple of times during clippings. It was easily fixed and it didn't bother her at all.
  • thanks so much for your help! yes, he does have arthritis and he 'scratches' his scratching post but it's more for effect than function, lol. 

He's actually a super calm kitty, it's our other one who is crazy and makes the nail cutting process difficult (we do them at the same time). So, hopefully he'll be chill tomorrow while they are working on him and it will be a quick process!  

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"