Military Families

sittercity???

I've seen that BLT has mentioned this a few times now, I wonder has anyone used the service with good results? I have major trust issues with leaving my DS with anyone, even family but my DH and I are in serious need of a couple date nights before DS2 gets here.

So if you have used sittercity please share your experience!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: sittercity???

• I had success at our last duty station, which was in a medium sized city.  I used it to find a sitter for DS when DH was deployed and I had to work past when the CDC closed.  I posted an ad and got several replies.  I chose a young woman who was a college senior studying social work.  She had a long babysitting resume, good references, and a background check on file with Sittercity.  I used her probably a dozen times.  She was great!

I've had less luck now that we've moved to a small town.  I posted an ad, only got one response from a high school girl, and when I asked her to provide references, she sent me messages in txt spk that she didn't have any, but that she really loves kids.  Uhhh.... no thanks.

I think in a big area with a lot of available sitters, you'll be pleasantly surprised. 

Hilary
    imageimage
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have use it and it has been pretty good. Make sure you let they know up front that you are a military family. I mainly used then while my husband was away on his last deployment, which ended in Nov. It work out well for us because he was able to be part of the selecting process. We also several other families who have used them and have all had postive experiences.
  • Loading the player...
  • Our family readiness department has a list of sitters and so does housing. I would check with them.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I have had great experiences with sitter city! We found our regular babysitter through it, now I don't really use it anymore. But I found the background check feature awesome and all of that. You can always "interview" potentials before you decide. That's what I did. 

ETA: We live near a medium size base but in a small suburb. Our sitter ended up being the college aged daughter of a SMSgt on base LOL Said SMSgt also deployed with my husband.  

__________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"