October 2013 Moms
Options

Name?

How does everyone feel about the name Kenley? My mom mentioned it to me at dinner last night because she doesn't like any of my name choices(go figure! moms right?!?). At first I hated it but now I'm kind of liking it! omg I'm so freakin indecisive this pregnancy!

For a girl** 

DD1
photo IMG_1287jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Name?

• Options
    imageMPsMommy:
    How does everyone feel about the name Kenley? My mom mentioned it to me at dinner last night because she doesn't like any of my name choicesgo figure! moms right?!?. At first I hated it but now I'm kind of liking it! omg I'm so freakin indecisive this pregnancy!

Meh. He would be called Ken for short and I hate that name. Sorry blushes
  • Options

Probably not my style.

I totally get being indecisive, but you're also only 14 weeks.  Take your time on a name.  And maybe don't tell your mom your choices til you're confident in them....it might be the first of many times you have to do that! 

DS/LO #1: Born March 2012 DS/LO #2: On his way! Due October 2013 image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it's cute. I also like the name Kinsley. 
    photo IMAG0561-002-Copy2-Copy_zps16abfae1.jpg
  • Options
    That's how I felt about my DHs name choice of Jasper! At first I was like you wanna name our kid WHAT! But now I know its the name! Go with what you like! I've personally never heard the name before!
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Options
    imagemj.reilly:
    imageJalee85:
    That's how I felt about my DHs name choice of Jasper! At first I was like you wanna name our kid WHAT! But now I know its the name! Go with what you like! I've personally never heard the name before!
    Love Jasper!

Neither set of grandparents really are found of it but tough luck! I know they will love it soon enough! Our girl name is Delaney so we will which one we get to use in about 5 more weeks!
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Options
    Kenley is definitely NMS. If you and your SO like it then use it.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I agree. Kenley wouldn't be my choice, but I'm really traditional when it comes to baby names. I personally like "strong" sounding boys' names.

Whenever I think of a name, I think of my child introducing him or herself at an interview when they are an adult. Or meeting their future in-laws. Names are oftentimes people's first impression! 

• Options
    I LoVe that name!!! If we have a girl, our first choice is Henley :
    Mama Megan
  • Options
    Nms but I would probably spell it Kinley instead.
  • Options
    MrsJYMrsJY member
    It's not for me, however if you like it, go for it. We know a couple and that's their daughter's name spelled Kenleigh.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Not my style...I much prefer Kendall. It's not a bad choice though. I agree with a pp...don't tell your mom your name choices if she's going to make you question them. It's your baby to name, not hers.

• Options
    I like it. It's cute and different. Go for it if that's what you like!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    photo ae9d6512-aa3f-4ee3-9605-e9c1b685f0eb_zps385c8147.jpg
  • Options
    I know a little Henley and she is adorable and I think the name is too! Kenley fits in there as well, cute.
  • Options
    Too close to reminding me of Mckenzie cuz the nickname might be kenz. Not yooneek enough. LoL
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jenwnejjenwnej member
    Kenley was the name of a designer on Project Runway a few seasons ago. I always liked it, though I couldn't stand her. :P And for those who don't like the shortened name, there's no reason why you need to shorten it. It's only two syllables...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"