TTC After a Loss

TTA/Waiting after MC...

Hi, all! 

This is NOT a question about ignoring doctors advice, just fyi.  I hate when people do that.  So here's my story, in short:

BFP sometime in January, Bleeding started on Feb 20, M/C on Feb 24 at 8 weeks.  M/C was incomplete, so I bled for another month and a half.  Doctor even admitted that I SHOULD have had a d&c because I probably (after 4 u/s) had "retained products of conception", likely placenta), but by then my levels were way down so it was too late.  Last beta was 50ish and that was about 2 weeks ago.

YAY, got my period on Saturday, about 2 months later (I felt like I was 12 again, I was so freakin excited).  It's been normal (even had cramps) with ONE exception... On Saturday afternoon, a BIG (we're talking 2 inch) clot came out... Hoping that it wasn't more retained placenta or anything, but everything's been a "normal" period since and it's even winding down now.

Anyway, doctor said to wait "at least" 2 normal cycles.  Nurse P said 2 is fine.  I'm 34, so age is a factor but not, like, "months matter" factor...  Would you (a) be on the safe side and wait 3 or more cycles and (b) count this right now as a normal cycle?  FWIW, it took us 12 months to get pregnant the first time and 1 month to get pregnant the second time, so I have NO IDEA what to expect.

Thanks for reading this far, and thanks so much for any suggestions!  You all rock. 

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...

Re: TTA/Waiting after MC...

• I had my DnC in February. My Dr said to wait 1 to 2 cycles. I wanted so bad to wait one but it was all messed up. I had an OPK positive early after my first A F so everything was a mess.

We are now on cycle two and so far all is good. I am 39 so I know how a moth feels like years when you are older.

Hard to say what you should do. If you feel like everything is getting to be pretty normal then go for it. I was glad that we waited the extra month. Gave my body more time to heal especially since I am so paranoid about MC again. Not sure if there is any " right " answer for you. Sorry not sure if I helped or not.

Hope you are doing ok. I remember you from the Sept board.

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Having been TTCAL at age 34 (last time), I'd do the 2 cycles and count this as the first AF (so one more AF).  I'd also call the doc and let them know about the clot.  They probably won't think anything of it (I've passed palm sized ones before and the doc noted it but it apparently wasn't a big deal to her), but at least you'd be keeping them in the loop. 

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Loading the player...
  • I think this a cycle 1 and 1 more and then you are good! GL!  This is what I as told after my D&E.

Ticker/Siggy Warning:  Children and losses mentioned

TTC #1 since 7/2011
    ME: 37  DH: 38
    SA-12/28/11-normal
    HSG-1/16/12-possible blocked left tube
    BFP#1---CP 7/9/12
    Hysteroscopy-8/9/12-blocked left tube for sure, proceeding with IUI#1
    IUI#1 (Gonal-F + trigger)=BFP#2 m/c @ 19w1d D&E 1/23/13
    IUI #2 (Gonal F + trigger)=BFP#3 EDD 1/6/14 TWINS!!!
    Identical girls born 11/17/13
    BFP#4 EDD 8/27/15 MMC at 7w6d

BFP#5 m/c at 6w

BFP#6 EDD 10/5/16  Going Strong!  It's a Girl!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"