Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Not charting yet..

How long were you TTC before you started charting? Did you start right away?

I have been TTC for 2 months now, not pregnant yet obviously. I'm been using OPK's, checking my CM, and trying to have sex every other day.

So I just wanted to get a feel out there, what made you decided to chart?

Re: Not charting yet..

• Options
    I started charting before I was officially TTC. I can't imagine not charting. It's just too useful, IMO.
  • Options

I started charting my 2nd cycle.  I wanted to know for sure when I was Oing, what my LP was, etc.  I charted consistently for about 9 months, and then stopped all together for the most part after a year when I started seeing a RE.

ETA:  Also...https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/73737814.aspx

My Blog
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

TTC #1 since February 2011
    Me: 29 (3/5/13- high NK cells)  DH: 28 (5/8/12- MFI low morph and motility)
    Cycle #21 (IUI#1), Cycle #22 (HSG 9/21/12) and Cycle #23 (IUI#2)=  image
    Cycle #24- December Snow Bunny IVF #1
    ER 12/6/12 (14R, 11M, 9F), ET 12/9/12 transferred 2 day 3 embies
    Bleeding and low betas=very cautious image C/P 5W3D
    Cycle #26 March Lucky Duck- FET #1
    scheduled 3/20/13- CANCELLED- lining issues
    Cycle #27 May Emerald- FET #1.2
    delayed- Starting Trental for 3 months + natural cycles Cycle #28-30=  image
    Cycle #31 August Shooting Star- FET #1.3 
    transferred 1 hatching blast 8/21/13= imageBetas 8/30 (108) and 9/3 (565)

U/S 9/19/13- HR is 128!  U/S #2 10/4/13- HR is 174!
    It's a BOY!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I started charting at my 6 month. My cycles were becoming progressively irregular (i.e. longer and longer) and having sex EOD was getting to be way, way too much. I also wanted to confirm that I was actually ovulating. 

I starting charting in conjunction with using the CBEFM, which I've really liked, as it's so much easier than OPKs for me (I wasn't able to use them twice a day, so when I tried them in earlier months, I didn't get my peak).

I have really enjoyed knowing much more about how my body's working, and being able to be more strategic about having sex (and having a lot less!).  

TTC #1 since August 2012 |  BFP August 17th, 2013  |    EDD April 25th, 2014
    Living with Vestibulodynia (Chronic pelvic pain)

• Options
    I started temping our first month TTC. I wanted to know what was going on with my body and also give ourselves the best chance of conception.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• Options

imageBeth&Derek:
    I started charting right away. I decided to chart because I wanted to be able to confirm when I was ovulating.

This. Especially if you're going off BCP, at least for me.

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • Options
    I started charting for DS right after my 2nd m/c. This time, I started as soon as the IUD came out. I need to make sure my cycles regulate after having the IUD for almost 4 years.
    Formerly known as HisLovf
    photo 359df07a-37f0-469a-9795-04df8acc5985_zps62041da9.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    photo Ribbon_zps406cb11d.jpgPeanut 07/05/07 @ 4w3dphoto Ribbon_zps406cb11d.jpgSweet Pea 04/21/08 @ 7wks
    ? The Chart ? The Blog ? The Etsy Shop ?
  • Options

When TTC DS I only charted CM and used OPKs. It took 4 cycles to get my BFP.

This go around I started temping because I had a weird long cycle and decided I wanted a better idea what's going on in case it happens again. I'm also using it as a way to avoid until we are ready to start TTC #2 in a few months. 

photo 7ce353dd-36ff-42be-84c5-8548c1d4fa1cjpg
    BFP #1 11/28/09 ~ EDD 8/6/10 ~ DS Born 8/9/10
    BFP #2 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/8/14 ~ Natural MC 9/18/13 at 6 weeks, 6 days
    BFP#3 3/28/14 ~ EDD 12/7/14 ~ DD Born 11/21/14
    BFP#4 6/15/17 ~ EDD 2/20/18
  • Options
    I started charting right away. I wanted to do everything possible to get my take home baby asap.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersAnniversary  
  • Options
    I've been charting for about 5 months but not yet TTC. I can't imagine not charting now, its so nice to know where I am in my cycle.
  • Options
    We've been actively TTC since February and I am not temping. I tried to but it was a total fail. I am generally very type A so the failure to properly temp was really upsetting.

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP 5/19/2013. MC 7/2/2013 (9w6d) with est. loss at 8w. Miso 7/3/2013 and emergency D & C 7/6/2013.

BFP#2 11/6/2013.  CP 11/14/2013.  

BFP #3 12/13/2013.  Beta #1 @ 15dpo- 239. Progesterone 27.  Beta #2 @17dpo - 90.  CP 12/21/2013

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  -Philippians 4:6-7

All PgAL and PAL welcome.

• Options
    I started charting my second cycle TTC, although I did pay attention to CM my first cycle.  The reason I started charting was because I hated not knowing when/if I ovulated and how our timing was.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    I just started this month, and it's our second month trying. Not really knowing if/when I O'd last month - and therefore not knowing when to test, drove me crazy. Charting this month is helping me feel more aware and in control of what my body is doing.
  • Options
    I started temping our fifth cycle. We are three cycles into temping and I'm adding opk's next month.

I didn't start right away bc I didn't know about it. i still waited a couple cycles bc I wanted it ttc to be fun and relaxed. But I feel more in control by knowing what my body is doing.
    Kinley Diane
    Born 2/4/14
    Weighing 6 lbs 10 oz and 20 inches long

• Options
    annksawannksaw member

I started charting my first cycle of BC because I wanted to know what my body was up to, cause its all secretive like. 

It took me a few months to really get into the swing of it though. This is cycle 4 post-BC, cycle 3 TTC, and its really my first chart that I'm not missing a bunch of temps. I'd start right away just to get the hang of it, and then you can get a few months going so you can see if your cycles have a pattern. 

• Options
    imagesunlavender:
    I started temping our first month TTC. I wanted to know what was going on with my body and also give ourselves the best chance of conception.

This.
    baby boy: 3.19.2014
  • Options

I started charting as soon as I went off birth control even though the first month last time and this first month this time are pretty much a month to let my body regulate/see what happens and TTA.

I first heard about charting from my gyno about 6 months before we started to TTC when I brought up to her that we'd be doing that with in the next year. 

• Options
    At the 3 month mark I added OPKs and at the 6 month mark I started charting + OPKs. I was given a copy of TCOYF by a friend and it convinced me that it was a better idea than "just seeing what happens." And it is.
  • Options
    With DS  I stated charting my 2nd cycle off bcp and that happened to be the month I got my BFP.  We are now TTC #2 and I plan to start charting again.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I started charting in cycle 2.  I want to maximize my chances and learn a lot more about my body.  It's been informative and it helps knowing if I'm actually late, when to test and when to ramp up the sex!
                                                  *********************SIGGY WARNING*************************
                                        May 14 Siggy                                             
    TTC #1 since June 2012.  DX: Unexplained Infertility.  Me: Hypothyroid
    3 Failed Femara + TI cycles and 4 Failed Injects + B2B IUI cycles
    Cycle 23: IVF#1 CoQ10 + Lupron + Puregon = BFP!!
    Beta #1: 199   Beta #2: 800+   It's TWINS!  EDD: Feb 19, 2015
    Team Purple!!!!
    L & E arrived early on January 5, 2015!!
    ~~~All are welcome!~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I charted to avoid for almost 2 years before we started TTC. I got off of bcp in July of 2009, and started TTC in February of 2011.  Personally, I am really glad that I was charting from the beginning, because by the time I went to my RE after 14 months of TTC, I had a really good idea of what was going on with my body, and that I had been timing things well and was ovulating regularly. It's totally a personal decision though.

** After  2 1/2 years of Unexplained IF, 2 failed medicated cycles, and 4 failed IUI's - our baby girl came to us through the miracle of
     Mini IVF! **

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"