Infertility

Not really IF related..

Well i was just thinking about this a lot lately and curious...how many of you have thought about and.or planned things for future baby such as the type of shower you would want, furniture, breastfeeding or not, cloth diapering, birthing plans...etc?

I find myself thinking and researching this A LOT lately. Sometimes I find it comforting and sometimes the opposite. I am also weird and worry Im jinxing myself. So just curious if Im not alone in this! Ive always been a big planner as it is.

Me 28 DH 30

After 4+ years TTC

FET #2 = DS Madden Jeffery <3 July 29, 2014 <3

Re: Not really IF related..

• imageThoseThreeWords:
    I am a pretty big planner, but for some reason I haven't thought much past getting a BFP. nbsp;We have a room designated to be the nursery but right now it is the cat room. nbsp;I occasionally buy a onesie I have one from my college and a few supernerdy ones I could not resist. nbsp;I hide them in the back of a storage closet.nbsp;Maybe because I am new to the IF world, I find myself thinking about IF all the time and not what may come afterward.nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;

Sounds pretty much like me...nursery is cats room currently and I only have a few onesies. I cant help but look all of the time though at different things. Guess because weve been at it so long it gives me time.

Me 28 DH 30

After 4+ years TTC

• I do this also. I have not bought anything in fear of 'jinxing' it but I think and plan and surf zulily all the time. I also spend time haunting craigslist to catch good deals on cloth diaper stashes that I am then too nervous to purchase.  Crazypants = me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    me:33 my wife:32      married in June '12
    LONG road through IF ending in heartbreak and frustration.
    Moving on to Adoption : matched 5/14! 
    Our beautiful son was born August 25, 2014!! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

• Loading the player...
  • I go through phases, when I am feeling optimistic and hopeful about treatments I start thinking about these things more.  Whenever I see articles on interesting websites about cloth diapering or baby sleep habits etc, I always read them but I stop short of buying things or making specific plans.  I have decided that I do not want a baby shower.  Maybe that will change if I ever get pregnant with a sticky baby.

We've made bigger plans knowing we intend to have kids, like buying a larger car and house hunting for a 4 bedroom. We also know which room will be our nursery and painted it a gender neutral color a couple years ago.  It's currently full of junk.  DH has occasionally seen baby stuff on sale but I won't let him buy it b/c I am afraid of it jinxing us.

ETA: fixed typo

IF, 5 losses, 1 son, 1 on the way.
    fall in love with someone Pictures Images and Photos  photo turtlejpg

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have been known to secretly make a pretend registry on babies r'us.  and then promptly delete it. :) 

i also convinced my husband to paint our 2nd bedroom yellow when we bought the house 5 years ago with the hopes that we would be pregnant soon (back in 2008).  I recently went from a 2 door honda civic to a 7 seat chevrolet traverse in October with the hopes that maybe one or two babies would fill the seats from my first IVF.  i have to say, driving alone in that big car everyday is pretty depressing.  

Me (37) DH (39); PCOS changed to Unexplained, changed to DOR in 2012 (finally a correct diagnosis!); 
    Started TTC 2009 with RE after 6 months.  
    Clomid + Trigger x2; 
    IUI + Femara x1,
    IUI + Follistim x2;
    IVF #1 (MDL) February 2013- BFN.
    IVF #2 (antagonist) May 2013, First BFP of my life. 
    Identical twin miracle BOYS (!!) headed our way- due date is technically 2/4/14 but c section is scheduled for 1/7! 

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • I think about this stuff all the time!! How I want to announce, clothes, pictures ect ect. I haven't ever bought anything mostly because I couldn't handle having baby stuff in the house as a constant reminder. SIL gave me what to expect when expecting when I got BFP and now I hate knowing its even in the house even though I don't really even know where it is. But yes we were thinking we were going to have kids shortly after marrying so we sold my car. I had a gto that I really loved and sold it for a Tahoe. I miss my car and it makes it even harder because I don't have any kids to put in the damn Tahoe. Maybe one day....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sorry to be a post whore, but I just remembered another thing I did.  Years ago when we were first starting to try the company I worked for made Enfamil baby formula, and gave it to all of their employees who had a baby for free for the first year of life.  Well, I snagged a bunch of formula even though I didn't have a baby yet in hopes that I would be able to feed the child for free for a long time.  When all that formula expired because it was sitting in my closet for so long, it was really hard to throw it out.  
    Me (37) DH (39); PCOS changed to Unexplained, changed to DOR in 2012 (finally a correct diagnosis!); 
    Started TTC 2009 with RE after 6 months.  
    Clomid + Trigger x2; 
    IUI + Femara x1,
    IUI + Follistim x2;
    IVF #1 (MDL) February 2013- BFN.
    IVF #2 (antagonist) May 2013, First BFP of my life. 
    Identical twin miracle BOYS (!!) headed our way- due date is technically 2/4/14 but c section is scheduled for 1/7! 

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • I try I keep things positive and I find that planning all of the baby stuff gives me hope rather than make me sad. For me I've always said that whether we give birth to a baby or adopt one- that is the baby meant for us. Either way we will be parents. 
    Me: 29 DH: 32 Married: 10.25.07 Been dealing with amenorrheoa since I was young. (Literally go years w/o AF) Unexpected and very surprising BFP in Feb 2007. M/C April 2007. :( TTC since 2008 Metformin- Didn't help. :( Clomid 50mg/Provera cycle #1 7/2009 - BFN Clomid 50mg/Provera cycle #2- 8/2009- BFN Clomid 100mg/Provera cycle #3- 1/2010- BFN ...Took a break... 2012- Met with RE 09/12- Day 3 Labs- FSH 2.5, Estradiol 47, TSH 4.5 (Doc re-ordering Day 3 labs) DH sperm analysis- all good 11/12- Day 3 Labs- FSH 4.3, estradiol 38, TSH 2.51 Prescribed Synthroid 11/12- HSG all clear 1/13- IUI with Femara and trigger shot on 1/31- BFN 2/13-IUI #2- cancelled due to low response 3/13- planning IUI with injectables
  • imageoO Angie Oo:
    I try I keep things positive and I find that planning all of the baby stuff gives me hope rather than make me sad. For me I've always said that whether we give birth to a baby or adopt one that is the baby meant for us. Either way we will be parents.nbsp;

This is how I feel too which is why its comforting sometimes. I feel like I have everything planned to a tee. My dh always wants to go out and buy furniture which is just a little much for me but man is it tempting. I was kind of hoping someone here had done it so I wouldnt feel as silly if I gave in :/ Im just so ready to really start planning!!!

Me 28 DH 30

After 4+ years TTC

• I have not bought anything for the same reason that most of the ladies who responded to this post said.  I did however sew two maternity dresses for myself during my 2WW from my 1st IUI so to keep busy and stay productive, with something to show...helped pass the time and kept me positive.  They are in the closet mixed with my other clothes and basically "out of sight, out of mind."  Now, as we prepare for our 2nd IUI, I have NO IDEA how I will get through the 2WW.  We stay hopeful, busy, and look ahead to family functions and spring projects around the house.....but no baby projects.  I am such a planner so I too, feel out of sorts and can totally relate to the fear of "jinxing" things.  Fact is....we can't jinx anything.  Smile

************** Siggy Warning************

Married August 2012 -- Me (40 yrs old) My husband (45 yrs. old) 

RE referral from ObGYN in late Jan. 2013 -- Testing Confirms Unexplained IF 

IUI #"s1 - 3 (Femara + IUI) April - June 2013 - all BFN

Decided to do IVF... Began stimming on September 10th!  Egg Retrieval 9/20/13.  19 eggs: 6 to mature to freeze after 6 fertilized with ICSI

3 morula stage embryos transferred on 9/25/13.....Beta #1 on 10/4/13/ = 7.5  Beta #2 on 10/6/13 =  negative

IVF#2 - Lupron plan  (set to begin on 10/28/13)  (Planning on thawing and fertilizing our 6 eggs with ICSI as well as all of the mature eggs they retrieve with this fresh cycle.)

Late October 2013 - ectopic pregnancy - methotrexate injection....benched 3 months

CD1 - 12/5/13...Lupron set to start on 12/26/13; CD1 - 1/2/14....Baseline 1/3/14....begin follistim tonight and continue with lupron.  (Got my calendar today!  IVF#2 is a go!)

ER = 1/14/14  (11 eggs....9 were mature. 9 fertilized.  Of the 6 mature eggs we thawed, only 4 fertilized.  At this time, we have 13 eggs fertilized and growing.  Waiting for news about a 3-day or 5-day transfer.)

ET = 1/19/14  (5dt).....3 blastocysts transferred!   (All nine embryos didn't make it to freeze.  =(  )

Beta #1 = 1/28/14   (2 weeks after ER)  BFP! 209 (9dp5dt)   EDD 10/7/14

Beta #2 - 1/30/14  (11 dp5dt) 302

Beta #3 - 2/3/14  (15 dp5dt)  1222 

Ultrasound set for 2/17/14......TWINS!        Twin A - HR 124 bpm; Twin B - HR 126 bpm

Final Ultrasound with RE 3/10/14 - Twin A - HR 176 bpm; Twin B - HR 177 bpm.

PAIF/SAIF Welcome! 

imageimage 

imageimageimage

• RoeniRoeni member
    I always think way ahead in everything I do. In this case it makes IF even more difficult to deal with. I even signed up for a serice that let me know when there are new caregivers in my area! I am a long way away from the things I daydream about. Well here's to hoping I am only a little over 9 months away :/
  • I don't believe in jinxing. But I also just can't do any of that before it happens. I did just buy a shirt that also could be maternity friendly, but I figured it was comfy and flowy and at least help be stylish through the ivf bloat.
    ****************SIGGY WARNING****************

TTC since 2011
    DH: 29, Severe MFI; grade III varicocele; surgery postponed till KU
    Me: 30, POF/DOR, factor II hetero, MTHFR homo
    5 IVF's, LLP, EEP, MDLF all BFN
    IVF 6 using DEB USA frozen eggs
    developed bilateral PE's from BCP, cancelled/delayed 6 mths, taking lovenox
    Feb'15 SURPRISE 1st BFP ever! EDD: 10/10/15, FX
    Still have frozen donor eggs on ice
    All are welcome!
  • I find myself daydreaming all the time about baby announcements, reveal parties, nursery's, furniture, etc. It's just like when I was dating my DH, I would dream and plan our wedding in my head the whole time we were dating! I even made a portfolio of ideas so when he did "pop the question" I could narrow stuff down. I was like most of you, if I caught myself thinking about it, I would shame myself thinking it would never happen, or I would "jinx" myself. Well, last week, I had a VERY clear vision. We were told we had twins, I planned out the reveal party, and I could even feel the babies in my arms. I know this may sound weird or outlandish to most people, but it felt so real! At that moment, I KNEW we would have our baby, or babies someday. Just like when I was daydreaming about our wedding; I didn't know when it was going to happen, but I knew it would happen! 

I have only bought one thing for our baby, and it was a book I knew would be hard to come by, or I'd forget about it. I can't wait to read it to my babies one day!!! 

Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

• It's funny,I actually have stopped looking at all. I am not really optimistic about this whole process and I don't want to have items that would remind me of that disappointment. We are closing on a house in a few weeks and we are going to have both rooms be guest rooms and will be happy if that changes. 

Not sure that's the best thing but it helps me not think about it.  

Me- Ok as 1/13
    DH- Azoospermia diagnosis
    DIUI #1 7/13 BFN
    DIUI #2 8/31/13 BFN
    DIUI #3 10/26/13 Fingers crossed!

Blog

Baby Making Blog

My Ovulation Chart

• I haven't really thought of anything nursery wise, as my husband and I are planning a move before we expect to have a child. I will def breast feed. and cloth diapers for sure, we plan to move to Costa Rica before too long, and well people just don't use disposable diapers there...at least not around where we will live. Good luck to everyone here trying! What joy we will feel when we finally hold our little ones! :
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"