1st Trimester
Options

Broke down and bought a doppler

I rented a doppler my first pregnancy and LOVED it. I was going to rent one this time..but after seeing a bunch of people on here buying one, I decided to jump on the boat (and save a LOT more money too).  It should be here in 2 days!!! I'm so excited..even though I know I won't be able to hear it so soon, of courseeee i'm going to try haha

View Full Size Image 
View Full Size Image View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Broke down and bought a doppler

• Options
    I just bought one last night after going back and forth if I really needed it.  It's my first pregnancy so I am nervous all the time!  Good luck! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm still nervous all the time!! You'll love it tho, totally worth it

View Full Size Image 
    View Full Size Image View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I really really want a doppler too! My sister was supposed to give me her old one but she said she it was in a box in her garage and hasn't had a chance to look yet. I had a MMC at 9 weeks last time so I really want to start checking for a HB soon.

I am thinking about just buying one, but she keeps insisting that she has one that she will mail. I want in NOW though!! She has a new baby and a 5 year old, so I know she is busy but UGH! Send me the doppler already!

imageimage

• Options

Best thing in the world I ever did was buy a Doppler:) Do not watch YouTube and think you will find the heartbeat at 10weeks:( It takes until about 11..I an having twins, so I was able to find them separately at about 13 weeks. It ease my mind so much, especially I was having bleeding for a while that was scaring me so bad, but when I could hear the little heart I knew they were ok. I would have paid up to 500 for peace of mind. I purchased it off of ebay for about 60:) Its a sonoline b Doppler.

Finally my dream came true:) I'm pregnant!
  • Options
    imagefouadi:

Do not watch YouTube and think you will find the heartbeat at 10weeks:( It takes until about 11..

And do not read TB and listen to people who will tell you it takes until 11 when many, MANY of us were able to find it earlier.

OP, I have been able to find the HB between 8-9 weeks with 3 of mine, so it is possible, but know it's also completely normal not to be able to find it on your own until 12-14 weeks, so do NOT freak out if you can't find it.  Things like body fat, position, where the baby implanted and just plain inexperience will all affect how long it takes to find it. Patience is key, if you don't find it at 9 weeks, wait 3-4 days and try again, and so forth. 

Due with #5 April 22, 2015. It's a girl!!!!! 

Yes it was planned, yes we know what causes that, no we are not on public assistance, and yes we will be getting cable after this. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"