Baby Showers

I was told to post this here for your enjoyment....

By the May 13 board.

Just received this FB invite from my aunt-in-law for her daughter-in-law who I have never met. I was tagged in the image. So I did not even get the physical invite.  Also, this is their third kid, the mom is 23. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

If you can't read the bottom it says:

A list of items still needed for Max and Mom is attached (No gift required to attend) If getting gifts please tell us what with RSVP so we can purchase the rest in June.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: I was told to post this here for your enjoyment....

• So gross. Please don't go.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow.  Just wow.  I have no words.
  • Because the situation wasn't already awkward enough, she asked her guests to buy her pads?! ugh.

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

• There is so much wrong with this. I can't get over the fact that they are inviting people now for an event in July. WTF? And please tell us what you're getting in the RSVP??? Why didn't they just assign who was supposed to bring what.

O.P. I'd send her the most disgusting looking package of silk granny panties that I could find.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Yikes. And weird. I second the underwear remark; how are people supposed to know what size? And she really doesn't have a set of PJs already? Sheesh.
  • imagebosoxy:
    Wow.  Just wow.  I have no words.

yup. 

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I am speechless. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • That is so sad. Is it possible the MTB isn't responsible for this? Like, maybe she was talking w/ her MIL about what she needed and then...this happened?

BabyFruit Ticker

• Yikes.  I'd buy the pads for sure...or maybe the comfy underwear.  Or better yet, you could buy both, open the pads and the underwear, position the pads in the underwear and then wrap them up in a really pretty box.  Ok...don't do that.  But it would be funny;)
  • imageV&G101808:

Because the situation wasn't already awkward enough, she asked her guests to buy her pads?! ugh.

Yes My thoughts exactly. Because nothing says wecome to motherhood (even though it's your third time) like a big box of sanitary napkins. Gross.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageamberyintar:
    imageV&G101808:

Because the situation wasn't already awkward enough, she asked her guests to buy her pads?! ugh.

Yes My thoughts exactly. Because nothing says wecome to motherhood (even though it's your third time) like a big box of sanitary napkins. Gross.

buwhahahahaha omg so awkward. Hoooolllllly shiiiiot.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I love that they specify the bibs need to be "funny".
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Awkward........
    Baby Zooey Grace - Due 10/27/2013 :)
  • I'm actually surprised the invitation says no gift required. At least they got one thing right... But then they put it on the invite, so that cancels it out.

Jacob, 1/14/13
  • Regardless of how tacky-I normally say if people want to throw a bunch of showers and people choose to go to them...that's on them. in the end its not my life or my money being spent.

But that is just F***ED up!!! Is she making a wish list for Santa Claus? I'm sorry but some of those things like underwear and pads could be bought by the MTB. and bibs are inexpensive so that's something else she could spend her own money own. Not only would I not go, she would get a phone call from me about how rude and disrespectful this is.

I would not go. Absolutely not. This is being greedy and lazy.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I disagree, please go so we can hear how crazy the other stuff at the shower was!
  • imagegnomemom:
    That is so sad. Is it possible the MTB isn't responsible for this? Like, maybe she was talking w/ her MIL about what she needed and then...this happened?

That is for sure the mom to be's writing. 

I am just going to untag myself and blame baby brain for not RSVPing. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • This is ridiculous.
  • imageLiz4444:
    I love that they specify the bibs need to be "funny".

Yes, that's awesome. Also, I love that she's asking for "orthopedic" pacifiers.

Lol wut?

• Really? Wow. Just wow. 

Could she have an issue or maybe something is wrong with her mentally? Well I'm not sure how that explains how this got past her mom or whoever.

Well thanks for the laugh :)

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• someone needs to tell this girl how ridiculously tacky this is. Every bit of it! Made my night though, lol!
  • This seriously just made my night, have not laughed out loud this hard in a while. Loved all the other comments as well. Her "Things for Mommy" list was our list of things to purchase for ourselves because how embarrassing would it be to open a box of pads at a baby shower??? Hahaha
    Baby Ortiz' proud mama
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • What a douchemagouche
  • imagelindslalala:
      My thoughts exactly.

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imageCMonkey515:

imageLiz4444:
    I love that they specify the bibs need to be "funny".

Yes, that's awesome. Also, I love that she's asking for "orthopedic" pacifiers.

Lol wut?

Ha! I wasn't the only one that caught that! This is just beyond amazing... And for your auntinlaw's daughterinlaw?! FFS that isn't even close to blood relation... Klass act.
    Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• I hope everyone buys her pads- huge mattress pads and wraps them up for her;. Wouldn't that be funny? 30+ packages of pads? ha! lol. They could double as nursing pads too! lol...

imageimage

• imageKzhowell:

imagegnomemom:
    That is so sad. Is it possible the MTB isn't responsible for this? Like, maybe she was talking w/ her MIL about what she needed and then...this happened?

Is it possible that MTB made herself a list of what she needs and the host made a photocopy with out MTB knowing?  That would explain the lack of sizes, right?!?!  I mean no one would ask to open a gift full of pads at a party, that is just weird.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagenikip6454:
    imageKzhowell:

imagegnomemom:

Is it possible that MTB made herself a list of what she needs and the host made a photocopy with out MTB knowing?  That would explain the lack of sizes, right?!?!  I mean no one would ask to open a gift full of pads at a party, that is just weird.

When I make lists for myself I dont need to write "what baby needs" and "what mommy needs". If its my list then I know who needs what. I also dont draw little doodles around everything either. Maybe thats just me though.

• Oh em gee! I am seriously belly laughing so hard at this thread. My poor LO probably feels like she's going thru her first earthquake.
    Seriously though, OP you have GOT to go to this shower. We need to hear about any other craziness that may ensue. If the invite/evite /what the heck is that list thingy, is this good, imagine what may happen at the actual event.
       image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    photo s622_zps5a9557e5.jpg photo 7ed57166-3187-446e-8404-f2ef169fe40f_zps238c4d05.jpg photo s620_zps504f3ce2.jpg
  • What the fluck?!?! This is a late April fools joke, right?!
    Baby girl #2 on the way! BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageAsbromle:
    Yikes.  I'd buy the pads for sure...or maybe the comfy underwear.  Or better yet, you could buy both, open the pads and the underwear, position the pads in the underwear and then wrap them up in a really pretty box.  Ok...don't do that.  But it would be funny;)

L.O.L.  Highlight of the day.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BFP #1 ~ 1/26/2010 ~ MMC @ 6w6d discovered @ 11w3d ~ D&C 3/16/10
    BFP #2 ~ 4/22/2010 ~ EDD 12/29/2010 ~ Born 12/19/2010 ~ My Rainbow Baby
    BFP #3 ~ 6/10/2012 ~ EDD 2/20/2013 ~ HB 100bpm @ 9w3d ~ M/C 7/11/2012
    BFP #4 ~ 3/16/2013 ~ EDD 11/20/2013 ~ Born 11/17/2013 ~ Rainbow Baby #2
  • Woah. Just woah.

TTC#2 October 2011. June 2012 diagnosed with mild PCOS and both tubes blocked.
    10/1/12 miracle BFP 11/12/12 missed m/c (9w2d), baby stopped growing at 7 weeks
    1/16/13 BFP, EDD 9/27/13, m/c 1/19/13
    imagephoto rainbowleavesbadge-1_zpsa9246b63.jpg
    2/12/13 BFP, EDD 10/25/13 Please stick little one
    A stowaway on board! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• imagePrimRoseMama:
    imageamberyintar:
    imageV&G101808:

buwhahahahaha omg so awkward. Hoooolllllly shiiiiot.

LMAO! This is pure comedy! I'll have to remember this for when MY shower invites go out .... NOT!

• imageAsbromle:
    Yikes.  I'd buy the pads for sure...or maybe the comfy underwear.  Or better yet, you could buy both, open the pads and the underwear, position the pads in the underwear and then wrap them up in a really pretty box.  Ok...don't do that.  But it would be funny;)

I would definitely buy the pads as well.  I seriously LOL when I read "pads"  on the list of needed items.  This has to be one of the klassiest invites I have ever seen!

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• I'd like to also point out that the invitation says to bring your "swimsuites" lol
    trying for #1 since May 2012... we're adopting! bringing home baby boy in january 2015!

photo tacos.gif
    Texas forever. 
  • imageKateMW:
    I disagree, please go so we can hear how crazy the other stuff at the shower was!

Yes please!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"