July 2012 Moms

DC issues

I've posted before with some small issues. With our daycare but this week I'm really starting to have concerns.

I've previously mentioned to them that they need to make more of an effot to feed him his solids. Friday, Monday and today his sheet showed the afternoon lady made no attempt with snacks or lunch and when I pick him up he goes ape sh!t when he sees a bottle or spoon...he's hungry.

Today he had a bottle at noon and nothing after until I got there at 4. He was clearly hungry and upset.

Aaand she mentioned that they were outside she "took her eyes off him for a minute and he started eating bark"......he only army crawls so not sure why he was laying on the ground when she wasn't looking???

Wwj12d? Talk to her ? Talk to the director? Mention it to the morning lady who is awesome?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: DC issues

• I would talk to the director, but in the meantime I'd be looking for a new facility. There's really no excuse for the things you've mentioned.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We had some issues with our DC as well. I talked to the teacher that is in the infant room in the morning, and things have really improved. I think part of the problem with our center is they have two older ladies in the morning (so it's like leaving DD with grandmas :) ) but two younger girls in the afternoons. The communication isn't always great, and they mean well, but they don't always know what they're doing.

That being said, if you've already attempted to address these issues, I'd go to the director. If they're not resolved after that, I would look for a new daycare. I almost did because I can't handle having to worry about DD's basic needs being met (when that's the only job they have!). She is only there 2 days/week, otherwise I probably would change centers.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageelizdg:
    I would talk to the director, but in the meantime I'd be looking for a new facility. There's really no excuse for the things you've mentioned.

I agree.  I had some issues with feeding schedules at our DC. However, the teachers corrected the problem after I brought it up to them.  Since you have mentioned it to the teachers but nothing has changed it looks like the teachers just don't care.  I would not feel comfortable leaving LO in a place like that.  I would talk to the director to let her know what is going on any why you are switching to a new provider.

• Ok.. I just sent a lonnng email with all of my concerns. I hope she can fix...in the mean time I'm looking elsewhere.

ETA: now I'm wondering if his weight loss and lack of eating when he was sick 2 weeks ago was because they didn't even offer a bottle, or because of the bronchiolitis...........arrgh
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"