March 2013 Moms
Options

Sleep sack = amazing!

So Jack fights his swaddled every night to the point where he wakes himself up and gets angry.. And if he wakes up in the middle of the night realizing he is wearing it he starts to freak out! I tried putting him in his bed without it and he woke him self up too much and was just as grumpy.  I was just dealing with it, still swaddling, and using the swaddle me brand.  Yesterday at babies r us I spotted a value pack of the halo sleep sack, one with a built in swaddled that allowed arm in or out and one that was just the sack.  I figured I'd give it a try and he loves it!! It's bigger but also not as constricting and it's made out of fleece so he just snuggled down in it and I got a 5 hour stretch last night! Wahoo! Happy mama and happy baby! 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sleep sack = amazing!

• Options

We use that too.  Our little one was given that by the hospital.  I didn't think he liked to be swaddled but would hit himself and wake himself up.  Since I have been using that he went from a 3 hour stretch to a 6 hour stretch and now is sleeping 8 hours. 

I hope it isn't a fluke. 

• Options
    I am going to have to go to Babies R Us and get some of these because the LO keeps kicking himself out of the swaddle. Sometimes if he's really tired I can sneak and put him in the swaddle me. However if he wakes up he goes ballistic! Lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We just switched to this last night too after she broke out of her swaddle twice Friday night. Last night she slept for 7 hours. It was amazing!!!! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Same here.... our LO hates the Swaddle Mes and just about rips them to shreds / stretches it out. No matter what we try she pretty much almost works her way out of it, at best we'll find her with one entire leg hanging out (she kicks like a little ninja).

On the other hand, the sleep sack swaddlers work perfectly. It's a bummer because we have 3 fleece sleep sack swaddles and 4 cotton swaddle mes. It's been getting warm where we live so I just today I had to break down and order cotton sleep sack swaddles. I tried a swaddle me last night hoping for a different outcome but it was a no go.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    DS1 needed to be swaddled or he'd flail his arms around. DS2 would grunt all night trying to get his arms out so I still use the regular swaddle, but just wrap the flaps around his chest/belly. We also have sleep sacks that are like jammies, there are arms, but instead of legs its a big sack on the bottom love these and give them as gifts always!! They are fleecey.

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• Options
    My guy has been using the swaddle-me brand and I have been looking into the sleep sack.  Can you post the link of the kind that you bought?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We were having the same problem and a friend recommended the Merlin Sleepsuit.  Its been incredible.  Our little one did not like the swaddle, but loves the sleepsuit.  Its supposed to be used to transition out of the swaddle.  So far, its been awesome. 
  • Options
    We used the Halos for a little bit, as LO was so tiny, she was swimming in them. We just started using A and A sleep sacks because of the heat.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"