1st Trimester
Options

Missed miscarriage fear!

I am 7 weeks pregnant exactly today. My husband and I have had 2 miscarriages in a row at 5 weeks that started out with bad HCG numbers from the get go. This time they were great and things started out perfect. I was put on progesterone suppositories due to the previous losses and since I made it to 7 weeks, it seems helpful. I had an ultrasound at 5 wks 5 days and they saw a uterine pregnancy with a gestational sac and yolk sac. I'm terrified to death that the progesterone might sustain a pregnancy longer than normal, given it would have miscarried. I can't shake the feeling that its doomed too like the others and that Im just dragging it out. Has anyone had any experience with progesterone suppositories and miscarriage? I have an ultrasound in two days and Im terrified they'll tell me it stopped growing.

Re: Missed miscarriage fear!

• Options
    Progesterone will keep you from having a m/c even if baby has stopped growing. But if the doctor has said everything if ok, I would try to relax a little. You've already made it past your former m/c mark so that's great! I hope you have a very happy and healthy pg! :-)
  • Options
    It might delay it a little while (days/weeks), but not indefinitely.  Hope you have a great u/s.
    Our family is complete!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagelovedryn:
    Progesterone will keep you from having a m/c even if baby has stopped growing. But if the doctor has said everything if ok, I would try to relax a little. You've already made it past your former m/c mark so that's great! I hope you have a very happy and healthy pg! :-)

Not quite true. Plenty of ladies have begun to miscarry while on progesterone.

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• Options
    imagelovedryn:
    Progesterone will keep you from having a m/c even if baby has stopped growing. But if the doctor has said everything if ok, I would try to relax a little. You've already made it past your former m/c mark so that's great! I hope you have a very happy and healthy pg! :

Not necessarily. I was on prometrium last pg and miscarried naturally at 6 weeks 0 days.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

BrookieBaby 8- You're not alone in your worries- I'm in the exact same boat, except I'm 6 weeks today. My first u/s is Thursday so am hoping to see/hear a heartbeat at least. I think I read somewhere that once a heartbeat is heard the chances of m/c drop considerably. Until I hear the heartbeat, I 'm guess I'm just thankful for all the pg signs and symptoms that I get each day as it reminds me that things are probably ok as long as there's no bleeding or major cramping. The progesterone is no fun to take, but without it, I don't think I would've made it this far, as my previous two m/c's I did not take progesterone and m/c at 5 weeks too.

• Options

imageBrookiebaby8:
    I am 7 weeks pregnant exactly today. My husband and I have had 2 miscarriages in a row at 5 weeks that started out with bad HCG numbers from the get go. This time they were great and things started out perfect. I was put on progesterone suppositories due to the previous losses and since I made it to 7 weeks, it seems helpful. I had an ultrasound at 5 wks 5 days and they saw a uterine pregnancy with a gestational sac and yolk sac. I'm terrified to death that the progesterone might sustain a pregnancy longer than normal, given it would have miscarried. I can't shake the feeling that its doomed too like the others and that Im just dragging it out. Has anyone had any experience with progesterone suppositories and miscarriage? I have an ultrasound in two days and Im terrified they'll tell me it stopped growing.

BrookieBaby 8- You're not alone in your worries- I'm in the exact same boat, except I'm 6 weeks today. My first u/s is Thursday so am hoping to see/hear a heartbeat at least. I think I read somewhere that once a heartbeat is heard the chances of m/c drop considerably. Until I hear the heartbeat, I 'm guess I'm just thankful for all the pg signs and symptoms that I get each day as it reminds me that things are probably ok as long as there's no bleeding or major cramping. The progesterone is no fun to take, but without it, I don't think I would've made it this far, as my previous two m/c's I did not take progesterone and m/c at 5 weeks too.

• Options

I'm sorry for your previous losses. I understand being PgAL is a huge mess on the mind. I'm sorry you have to be going through the strain of worrying like this. Its not fair, but I've been where you are.

All you can do is hope and pray that you get good news at your ultrasound. I'm crossing my fingers for nothing but good news for you. 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Wow you guys are so kind and supportive. This was my first forum post and I didn't know what to expect. LizandJon, I wish you the best! I had so badly hoped for a heartbeat but had to leave with a "early pregnancy confirmation" of good placement and yolk sac.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"