3rd Trimester
Options

Measuring small again at 38 weeks

I dont post a lot on the message boards but this has been on my mind and wanted to see what you ladies thought.

I had my 38 week checkup yesterday and the doc is sending me for another US which is in a few days to check babies size since ive been measuring consistantly small for a few weeks now. 

I have so many thoughts that if she is small, is it my fault?  We know our weeks are spot on since we had IUI but does anyone or has anyone else ever had this happen? 

TTC since May of 2011. DX PCOS July 2012 SA: morphology 1% motility 47%. U/S 8-20= 3 mature follicles: 56mil sperm after wash IUI #1 + 100mg of clomid + tigger=BFP 9/4 bloodwork hcg 156 progesterone 40BabyFetus Ticker My Blog

Re: Measuring small again at 38 weeks

• Options

How much smaller?  I measured 3 weeks behind the entire 3rd tri with DD2 and she came out at 7lbs 1oz.  Not big but not small - perfect!  

It's possible that the baby dropped making your belly measurement off.  Don't worry about it just yet. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

You could be measuring small for a variety of reasons of a combination of reaasons.  I measured about 3 weeks behind with DD, it was a combination of her being in the lower percentiles for size and having low fluid levels.  Everything turned out fine, she was born at 39 weeks exactly weighing 6lbs13oz. 

I am measuring 4-5 weeks behind now.  I have had growth scans and fluid checks and everything looks normal.  Baby boy is transverse.  My OB thinks that I am measuring small due to his position, normal but low normal fluid and the shape (?) of my uterus.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have been measuring small my entire pregnancy (about a week behind) and our weeks are spot on as well as we took clomid to conceive. The Dr never changed my due date and is not concerned. I am sure everything is just fine and I wouuld look at the bright side...might be easier to push that nugget out if he/she is a bit smaller! ;)
  • Options

With my first pregnancy I started "measuring small" after 36 weeks. I swear it depended on who was doing the measuring from the group of three midwives I was seeing. Anyway I had to get an ultrasound in my 39th week to check for fluid levels and while my levels were a little on the low side, it was still within normal according to the tech. A lot can depend on the baby's positioning. Anyway I delivered a few days later after going into labor on my own and DS was 7lb. even.

I'd be more concerned about fluid levels than the baby. U/S measurements of baby's size can be off this late in the game by a pound or two.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• Options
    Liz4444Liz4444 member
    With li I measured 2 weeks small consistently. They drove me nuts and sent me for ultrasounds constantly. At the ultrasounds, they kept telling us she had a very small abdomen and they might want to get her out early. My water broke at 39w 2d and she came out 6lb 9oz and perfectly normal.

With this pregnancy, I am measuring 3 weeks small and my uterus is sitting very low. They sent me for an ultrasound and the baby is measuring in the 50th percentile for everything.

Some people are just smaller and carry small and or low. It's nothing you did or can do, it's just how your built. If they do an ultrasound and everything looks good with the baby, I wouldn't worry, it's just your body type. It's hard, but don't let them drive you crazy.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"