Blended Families

Teenage attitude

My 13 year old DD called me just now she is at her fathers for the next two days and told me to bring her $38 right now with her teenage "mommy will do what I say" attitude. I said you need to wait I told you since beginging of school year I would get that year book (which is what she wants money for) but you put off. Not only that it was my weekend and up to Monday evening and she never mentioned she needs money by tomorrow but you call me with an attitude. She got a worse attitude and I told her when she is ready to say sorry and talk without attitude to call me back, then I hung up. She called back and asked what she should say sorry for and after only one point she hung up on me. I texted her father, told him what happened (because he will never talk on phone with me)and asked for him to call me because I also got rude text from DD.

The divorce has made me feel guilty because I did leave my ex but her teenage attitude has gotten bad. Because I feel guilty I want to go get her yearbook but she really pissed me off this time. Have some of you caved because you feel guilty? Have you hit a point like today when you realize you have to stand your ground?

Re: Teenage attitude

• imagejennipalmer:
    My 13 year old DD called me just now she is at her fathers for the next two days and told me to bring her 38 right now with her teenage "mommy will do what I say" attitude. I said you need to wait I told you since beginging of school year I would get that year book which is what she wants money for but you put off. Not only that it was my weekend and up to Monday evening and she never mentioned she needs money by tomorrow but you call me with an attitude. She got a worse attitude and I told her when she is ready to say sorry and talk without attitude to call me back, then I hung up. She called back and asked what she should say sorry for and after only one point she hung up on me. I texted her father, told him what happened because he will never talk on phone with meand asked for him to call me because I also got rude text from DD. The divorce has made me feel guilty because I did leave my ex but her teenage attitude has gotten bad. Because I feel guilty I want to go get her yearbook but she really pissed me off this time. Have some of you caved because you feel guilty? Have you hit a point like today when you realize you have to stand your ground?

Hold your ground about not jumping when she asks but I think all kids should get a yearbook so I would not refuse just because I am mad.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • I would probably buy it and not tell her. When she is ready to apologize she can have it then.

I cave all then time with SS and I think that is part of our problem :/ 

utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Getting Pregnant">Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I think buying it and keeping quiet is a good idea. Give her some time to cool down, and for you to cool down and you will both feel better.
  • I might be in the minority but i don't think you should buy her the yearbook. In life, you cannot always take back the consequences of a bad attitude, so she should learn that lesson now. If your ex wants to give her the money since she is with him now, that's his choice. My middle school yearooks have been buried in the garage pretty much since i came home with them. In the long run it wont be a traumatic loss.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree with PP. It's not that big of a loss to not have a middle school yearbook. They do them at our elem school and I have not bought one the three years we have been there. Waste of money. Plus, she she was mouthy.
  • I got in screaming match with her and she says I give her brother everything and I treat her like child. I am letting use her own money to pay for the yearbook, yes it is only for 7th grade. I had discussion with her dad about some issues and he seems to have to opposite issue with my son acting out. But she is 13 and I think teenage girls always have issues with their mother so I am trying not to feel guilty. Me and her step dad do spoil them and saying no is the only thing I can right now to fight back her attitude.

• Please try not to feel guilty! It is okay to stand your ground and expect to be treated nicely. These years to suck! The girls did seem to take it out on their moms and me way more then dad also.

Just wanted to let you know you aren't alone. We have heard about how we love so and so more, they are the only one that ever gets in trouble, and how unfair life is. The funny thing is each of them have said this about the other.

Stay strong!

• there is no way I would put up with the attitude.

She has to learn that in life there are consequences for actions and she is lucky if this is the worst one she ever faces.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"