Cloth Diapering

What makes them Seconds?

Have you received your order yet? I thought it would be nice to do a post that shows the flaws on the diapers we received, that we can save and bump when people ask what makes them second quality. 

So PIP your seconds diaper! =)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What makes them Seconds?

• Heres my Albert print BG. This spot is about the size of a pencil eraser, and it will probably wash out. It is located on the inside of the diaper. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yours came so quickly!  Mine haven't come yet, despite ordering shortly after your post about the sale.  Maybe Monday.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've got some seconds Kangacare pail liners... they were $5.  I've yet to figure out exactly what is wrong with them other than the fact that they have cut off the tags... which I'm assuming was on purpose to show that they are seconds.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • emisiemisi member
    Two of mine had dirt spots.  The others, I couldn't tell.
    Dec 2016 BMB August Siggy Challenge: Awkward Back to School Photos

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    VOTE on my Name List
  • I couldn't find anything on the two Elementals I got.
  • Both of my orders arrived yesterday (the seconds sale and the B5G1). I got 5 of the freetimes and I could only tell on 3 of them. They had tiny little black smudges on them around the tag area. They are so tiny and they definitely look like they will come out in the wash.  The other two... who knows. I couldn't find a single thing wrong with them.  

Do they put the little piece of tape where the flaw is? Even with the tape on the area, I still couldn't find the flaws.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I got 3 4.0s and 2 Freetimes. I have absolutely no clue what the problem is. I examined them pretty thoroughly and found nothing.

ETA

OK i figured out one. I got a Freetime second in Lovelace and compared to my non-second Lovelace 4.0, the colors in the print are lighter/faded looking. I wouldn't have been able to tell without holding them next to each other, even then, it's quite minor. I might PIP later.

• I don't have any pics to share of them, but most of my BGs are seconds, and I can only find the flaw on maybe two or three of them, which have slightly uneven stitching.

The seconds that I got from Blueberries are a little bit more obvious, but still not bad. The leg elastic on one of them rolls slightly. The back elastic on another was stitched unevenly. They all still work perfectly, though, and really don't look any different once they're on her bum.

imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • I ordered some Flip stay dry inserts in from one of last year's seconds sales. They were seconds because the stitching to guide folding down for size was crooked.

I also have a Flip cover that is a second - it had dirt marks on the stretchy tabs that have long since washed away.

A more obvious second was an old 3.0 sized AIO. I had 4 1st quality ones and 1 second. The aplix strip on the front of the second quality diaper was about 1/4 inch higher than those of the 1st quality ones. But it still didn't affect the function and I would never had known had I not been able to compare with the 1st quality dipes.

• They're so beautiful!!  Super excited my seconds arrived today thus officially starting my CD stash: 10 newborn BG, 18 BG freetimes.  I checked them all and except for 1 with a pen mark on the front, I can't tell what's wrong with them.  There are 2 more marked with tape but beats me as to the defect there...

BFP #1 7/1/12 | EDD 3/12/13 | mm/c 7/31/12 | D&E 8/3/12
    BFP #2 11/28/12 | EDD 8/10/13
    Our Baby at 11w6d | 55mm (2.2") | 162bpm
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I bought five diapers and can't find anything wrong with any of them.  there wasn't any tape marking any flaws - two of them aren't even marked as seconds on the tags.  I'm pleased!
  • I got an Albert and a Lovelace; no idea what's wrong with either. I compared them to my one preexisting Freetime and they look the same to me.

So excited to use them!
  • I got mine yesterday. I didn't really inspect them closely because we've all contracted the plague in my house, but none of the tags are marked and I couldn't find any issues with all 10 of my freetimes!
    ETA I just put them in the wash and 1 of the 10 has a piece of tape marking a tiny ink spot on the mf side of the "insert"...
    imageimageAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"