Infertility
Options

New to the Bump but becoming a pro at TTC...long intro

I am 34 and we have been TTC since Oct  of 2011. I didn't have a period for 6 months...went to the OB and did blood work. My prolactin came back high...did a brain MRI and found a pituitary tumor. Got meds for the pituitary tumor and that was supposed to get my period started. That didn't happen! So we moved on to clomid(50,100,150,150) and provera. We did 4 cycles and I didn't respond at all. The u/s showed PCOS ovaries...but according to the OB I didn't have the blood work for PCOS. We moved on to an RE as of Jan 2013. He redid my blood work and said I did have PCOS. He said that just bc the hormone levels were in the normal for the lab didn't mean that they were normal for a woman TTC.

So the RE said he could get us prego right away if I lost 30 pounds. I have tried since Jan and have only lost 14. But we went ahead with the protocol...which was: 150 mg Clomid, Dexamethazone (steriod) 0.5mg every day until ovulation, Estrace (vaginally) on CD 7&8....then two pills a day every day until ovulation. On CD 12 did u/s which showed on the left ovary follies at 15 and 11. They told me to come back at CD 14 and I had three follies at 20, 19, and 17! I triggered the next day with Ovidrel 150mg since I got a +OPK...digital. Today which is CD 19 I start Crinone (progesterone vag cream) everyday for two weeks.

I am so excited that I am responding to this protocol. I know that it may not end with a pregnancy/ baby but at least I am releasing some follies instead of holding on to them for the Apocalypse! I look forward to encouraging and sharing my journey with y'all!

Re: New to the Bump but becoming a pro at TTC...long intro

• Options

I'm glad you responded!  I am in the same boat - waiting to see what "cocktail" I respond to.  I have "thin" PCOS and had to go on provera too since my normal cycle is 60 days.  

A friend of mine also has PCOS and had to lose weight to get pregnant... they told her 40 pounds.. she lost 15 and got pregnant :) 

• Options
    I also have pcos and im a lot healthier this cycle. My re never said anything about my weight but befote stimming I was working out daily. Thats awesome that you're responding to the meds! I hope this one works out for you : GL
    TTC Since 112010 Naturally. Diagnose:PCOS(ME) + Low Motility(HIM). Started IVF+ICSI Cycle 12312. ER 27 & ET 210 two embies transferred. *BFN 1ST IVF CYCLE.* **Getting as healthy as possible and will try IVFICSI#2 again hopefully in April.** -- HAVE FAITH; LET GO & LET GOD --
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"